Skip to content

The Official Browns at Buccaneers Game 2 Thread

The Browns Board
103 24 1.7k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    This buys Watson another start for sure. He played well enough today and the D helped him more than the 1st game.

    Well, I'm shocked, I say. Watson looked like a semi competent starting NFL QB. And the defense played very well. Watson bought himself another start, but he will never be loved in Browns fandom. Play like crap this coming Sunday expect a chorus of boos.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, I'm shocked, I say. Watson looked like a semi competent starting NFL QB. And the defense played very well. Watson bought himself another start, but he will never be loved in Browns fandom. Play like crap this coming Sunday expect a chorus of boos.

    It's Cleveland so all I care about at this point is if Watson can give us more watchable football. We're not spoiled here; so if he can't - they'll still be auditioning the other QBs they brought here. Last I knew, Watson narrowed his search of finalists down to NOT including Cleveland. Jimmy didn't take no for an answer so here we are...

    Just this weekend, I'm reading Jimmy only has eyes for Arch Manning in the next draft. Hoping like crazy here the criteria exceeds Jimmy has a nice on-going close friendship with Peyton Manning & that entire family... Peyton looks like the ONLY QB Jimmy ever got right; and yet UT still went 0 for Florida - and didn't win the National Championship until the year after Peyton left (with Tee Martin playing QB). Not that winning the Natty assures NFL success for a QB; but it sure did sweeten the attaction of Kosar up and over just the local hometown hero thing. I adored him and Sipe...

  • selecting a number 1 pic this long before the draft is stupid

    Everyone seems to forget about Anhdrew Berry : THE GM 1 ?

    it'a only one game....

    the Browns have a lot to prove and a very long season ahead

  • selecting a number 1 pic this long before the draft is stupid

    Everyone seems to forget about Anhdrew Berry : THE GM 1 ?

    it'a only one game....

    the Browns have a lot to prove and a very long season ahead

    @qmed said:

    selecting a number 1 pic this long before the draft is stupid

    Everyone seems to forget about Anhdrew Berry : THE GM 1 ?

    it'a only one game....

    the Browns have a lot to prove and a very long season ahead

    It’s browns fans. It can not be helped.

    With some time, the fans will realize we have a genius GM, and they will also realize why they are fans, and not working in the front office.

    This team is loaded with talent, and is also the second youngest team in NFL next to Miami. (25.5 years avg vs 25)

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

  • In honor of Boston’s TD.

  • @qmed said:

    selecting a number 1 pic this long before the draft is stupid

    Everyone seems to forget about Anhdrew Berry : THE GM 1 ?

    it'a only one game....

    the Browns have a lot to prove and a very long season ahead

    It’s browns fans. It can not be helped.

    With some time, the fans will realize we have a genius GM, and they will also realize why they are fans, and not working in the front office.

    This team is loaded with talent, and is also the second youngest team in NFL next to Miami. (25.5 years avg vs 25)

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

    You failed miserably to remember who the owner is and how he always obsesses over QB's. Arch is coming ready or not.

  • In honor of Boston’s TD.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    In honor of Boston’s TD.

    >

    I always called this, Dolly Parton's Theme Song. 🙂 Heaven is a better place with you there Dolly. And Earth is a better place for having had you here.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

    You failed miserably to remember who the owner is and how he always obsesses over QB's. Arch is coming ready or not.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You failed miserably to remember who the owner is and how he always obsesses over QB's. Arch is coming ready or not.

    The same way I failed miserably to predict the outcome of this game.

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

  • I'm happy that we beat Tampa Bay. I'm happy that Baker didn't throw for 400 yards & 4TD's. This way we don't have to put up with the Baker Bro Talking Heads, or The Baker Bro Browns Fans, or the Watson Hater Browns Fans / Talking Heads. We don't have to listen to any of that bull-shit. We can instead enjoy a win and look towards the home opener with just the slightest bit of hope.

    I'd like to see our OL improve / gel / whatever, so that Judkins can have a nice game and get some love. I swear that he's a good RB that just does not get the kind of OLine help that other RB's are getting.

    @orion said:

    I'm happy that we beat Tampa Bay. I'm happy that Baker didn't throw for 400 yards & 4TD's. This way we don't have to put up with the Baker Bro Talking Heads, or The Baker Bro Browns Fans, or the Watson Hater Browns Fans / Talking Heads. We don't have to listen to any of that bull-shit. We can instead enjoy a win and look towards the home opener with just the slightest bit of hope.

    I'd like to see our OL improve / gel / whatever, so that Judkins can have a nice game and get some love. I swear that he's a good RB that just does not get the kind of OLine help that other RB's are getting.

    At least we dont have the steelers O line....now that is bad

  • Re: the OL

    I'm seeing a bit of mismatch between Coaching Philosophy/preference and personnel. Not all that dissimilar to what I was concerned about with the DL & LB's coming into the season.

    Dating back to his time with Georiga and all the way through with Baltimore, coach Monk is been a heavily invested gap-focused play caller in the run game. I'm watching how this OL executes and maintains gap/down/power and I'm not liking it. Where the OL has their better moments are when we work off vertical zones. I don't think the running game issues are solely to blame on QJ or the QB situation, I think we're run into a wall of what our OL's strengths are (their feet) and their weakness (lateral displacement with technique and sheer force)

    The nice part is that it's fixable - to an extent. There are a lot of vertical/inside zone structures that can be installed to hit in sort of, what I can only call a 'gap fashion'. Especially against teams that run a lot of odd/mint/tite fronts. I'm of the mind Coach Monk and the rest of the offensive play staff need to start considering IZ as their running game foundation sooner rather than later. That will help create lateral displacement and that vertical separation in the running game we just aren't getting right now with sustainability.

  • In honor of Boston’s TD.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    In honor of Boston’s TD.

    >

    The odd thing about Boston the band... It's founder Tom Scholz was born in Toledo Ohio..

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    In honor of Boston’s TD.

    >

    The odd thing about Boston the band... It's founder Tom Scholz was born in Toledo Ohio..

    @nickers said:

    The odd thing about Boston the band... It's founder Tom Scholz was born in Toledo Ohio..

    Interesting, l didn’t know that. I know they never toured, which is kind of a shame.

  • @nickers said:

    The odd thing about Boston the band... It's founder Tom Scholz was born in Toledo Ohio..

    Interesting, l didn’t know that. I know they never toured, which is kind of a shame.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Interesting, l didn’t know that. I know they never toured, which is kind of a shame.

    They toured but on a limited basis.. Van Halen opened up for them numerous times..

  • Here’s something rock related that has never made any sense to me: isn’t KISS made up of NYC guys? So what was the inspiration for Detroit Rock City? I don’t see the connection

  • Here’s something rock related that has never made any sense to me: isn’t KISS made up of NYC guys? So what was the inspiration for Detroit Rock City? I don’t see the connection

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here’s something rock related that has never made any sense to me: isn’t KISS made up of NYC guys? So what was the inspiration for Detroit Rock City? I don’t see the connection

    Good question, l don’t really know myself, but l looked it up and apparently Detroit was the first town that really embraced Kiss and they were selling out arenas there when they were largely just an opening act every where else.

    One of my prized 45s is a copy of Detroit Rock City, one side is the original Kiss version, and the other is a version by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. It’s on green vinyl. Here’s the Bosstones version.

    Anyone else see the movie “Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park?” It’s not good, but kinda fun and considered a cult classic in some circles.

    I don’t remember much about it, but Kiss doesn’t even appear in the flick until around the halfway point. But when they do appear, they have magic powers, so that’s cool.

    IMG_7705.jpeg

  • Re: the OL

    I'm seeing a bit of mismatch between Coaching Philosophy/preference and personnel. Not all that dissimilar to what I was concerned about with the DL & LB's coming into the season.

    Dating back to his time with Georiga and all the way through with Baltimore, coach Monk is been a heavily invested gap-focused play caller in the run game. I'm watching how this OL executes and maintains gap/down/power and I'm not liking it. Where the OL has their better moments are when we work off vertical zones. I don't think the running game issues are solely to blame on QJ or the QB situation, I think we're run into a wall of what our OL's strengths are (their feet) and their weakness (lateral displacement with technique and sheer force)

    The nice part is that it's fixable - to an extent. There are a lot of vertical/inside zone structures that can be installed to hit in sort of, what I can only call a 'gap fashion'. Especially against teams that run a lot of odd/mint/tite fronts. I'm of the mind Coach Monk and the rest of the offensive play staff need to start considering IZ as their running game foundation sooner rather than later. That will help create lateral displacement and that vertical separation in the running game we just aren't getting right now with sustainability.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Re: the OL

    I'm seeing a bit of mismatch between Coaching Philosophy/preference and personnel. Not all that dissimilar to what I was concerned about with the DL & LB's coming into the season.

    Dating back to his time with Georiga and all the way through with Baltimore, coach Monk is been a heavily invested gap-focused play caller in the run game. I'm watching how this OL executes and maintains gap/down/power and I'm not liking it. Where the OL has their better moments are when we work off vertical zones. I don't think the running game issues are solely to blame on QJ or the QB situation, I think we're run into a wall of what our OL's strengths are (their feet) and their weakness (lateral displacement with technique and sheer force)

    The nice part is that it's fixable - to an extent. There are a lot of vertical/inside zone structures that can be installed to hit in sort of, what I can only call a 'gap fashion'. Especially against teams that run a lot of odd/mint/tite fronts. I'm of the mind Coach Monk and the rest of the offensive play staff need to start considering IZ as their running game foundation sooner rather than later. That will help create lateral displacement and that vertical separation in the running game we just aren't getting right now with sustainability.

    I only understood some of this, but l wanted to get your opinion on the O-line thus far and who’s the weak link?

    I only watched highlights from the last game, but l tried to zero in on the center Jenkins. He gets help at times, but l thought he looked good.

    They look tentative in run blocking, and l suspect that is partly why the rush numbers are down.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Re: the OL

    I'm seeing a bit of mismatch between Coaching Philosophy/preference and personnel. Not all that dissimilar to what I was concerned about with the DL & LB's coming into the season.

    Dating back to his time with Georiga and all the way through with Baltimore, coach Monk is been a heavily invested gap-focused play caller in the run game. I'm watching how this OL executes and maintains gap/down/power and I'm not liking it. Where the OL has their better moments are when we work off vertical zones. I don't think the running game issues are solely to blame on QJ or the QB situation, I think we're run into a wall of what our OL's strengths are (their feet) and their weakness (lateral displacement with technique and sheer force)

    The nice part is that it's fixable - to an extent. There are a lot of vertical/inside zone structures that can be installed to hit in sort of, what I can only call a 'gap fashion'. Especially against teams that run a lot of odd/mint/tite fronts. I'm of the mind Coach Monk and the rest of the offensive play staff need to start considering IZ as their running game foundation sooner rather than later. That will help create lateral displacement and that vertical separation in the running game we just aren't getting right now with sustainability.

    I only understood some of this, but l wanted to get your opinion on the O-line thus far and who’s the weak link?

    I only watched highlights from the last game, but l tried to zero in on the center Jenkins. He gets help at times, but l thought he looked good.

    They look tentative in run blocking, and l suspect that is partly why the rush numbers are down.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I only understood some of this, but l wanted to get your opinion on the O-line thus far and who’s the weak link?

    I only watched highlights from the last game, but l tried to zero in on the center Jenkins. He gets help at times, but l thought he looked good.

    They look tentative in run blocking, and l suspect that is partly why the rush numbers are down.

    Weak link is Tytus Howard so far and it isn't particularly close.

  • That story makes sense @ibleedbrown about KISS, there's a similar one regarding Huey Lewis and the News...

    The original version of 'The Heart of Rock and Roll" goes "The heart of rock and roll is in Cleveland" because of how boisterous Cleveland was at their shows, but their producers suggested changing it to "... is still beating" to make it more universal and radio friendly.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You failed miserably to remember who the owner is and how he always obsesses over QB's. Arch is coming ready or not.

    The same way I failed miserably to predict the outcome of this game.

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The same way I failed miserably to predict the outcome of this game.

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

    Potato - Potahto, Tomato - Tomahto, Apples and Oranges. Two totally different issues. Jimmy wants Arch and since he will not be the best QB available, he'll get him and at too high a cost as usual.

  • @qmed said:

    selecting a number 1 pic this long before the draft is stupid

    Everyone seems to forget about Anhdrew Berry : THE GM 1 ?

    it'a only one game....

    the Browns have a lot to prove and a very long season ahead

    It’s browns fans. It can not be helped.

    With some time, the fans will realize we have a genius GM, and they will also realize why they are fans, and not working in the front office.

    This team is loaded with talent, and is also the second youngest team in NFL next to Miami. (25.5 years avg vs 25)

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    With some time, the fans will realize we have a genius GM, and they will also realize why they are fans, and not working in the front office.

    This team is loaded with talent, and is also the second youngest team in NFL next to Miami. (25.5 years avg vs 25)

    There is no way a first rounder will be wasted on a QB in next years draft. We are lucky to have Sanders as a back up QB.

    It’s time to stop obsessing over QBs in next years draft. Those days are over.

    ? Fantasy is so fun it's almost as if Jimmy Haslam doesn't even exist.

    Yes, we are lucky no other NFL teams (including the Browns) wanted Shedeur before the Browns made a trade to draft him in round 5. It's especially impressive when we factor in it was only 2 rounds after they aleady drafted Dillon Gabriel. On the other hand, we got a great goup of players in that draft as well as the one this year.

  • I don’t even care who the owner wants. Why should any of us? It’s weird to hope/wish for the owner to sabotage his own franchise.

    You (Texas?) guys think this locker room is gonna automatically respect Manning because he is Peyton’s son? He is still a child right now. Maybe he will be on Eli’s level? He is NOT Peyton.

    True Browns fans just want to win, and last time I checked Watson is not on the level of Big Ben. Gabriel will likely end up traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder to a QB needy team.

    Sanders is QB2. For the foreseeable future…

    We need a good backup.

    Tia is a main reason I will still visit the board… because a lot of fans have simply lost their wits.