Skip to content

The Browns Board Lives: New Owner, New System, Same Data

Pinned The Browns Board
63 23 199 1
  • https://brownsboard.com/user/gumby73

    @bbedward Amazing start Bbed.. This updated forum looks great ! Many thanks, not missing a single former post

    I've been locked out for months needing a @ added to my email address.. That's not possible to fix when you can't log-in

    btw... Fuck The Steelers ! ! It's good to be back on that Game Night !

    Thank you from many Old BB Dawgs !

    @gumby73 said:
    https://brownsboard.com/user/gumby73
    @bbedward Amazing start Bbed.. This updated forum looks great ! Many thanks, not missing a single former post
    I've been locked out for months needing a @ added to my email address.. That's not possible to fix when you can't log-in
    btw... Fuck The Steelers ! ! It's good to be back on that Game Night !
    Thank you from many Old BB Dawgs !


    Thatta boy Gumbs - glad you made it back!

  • There's a new "News & Politics" board under a new stricter format, which was kinda my vision just needed time to implement it.

    https://brownsboard.com/category/35/news-politics

    Basically each post needs to be an article, discussion underneath. No open posting or social media sources. (And obviously fake sources should be removed, like realnews17notfake . biz )

  • @MLD-Woody said:
    Great job, sir. Good riddance to the poli board. Happy to mod again if needed

    Made you a mod

    @nickers said:
    Nice job on the reboot... However I will state... It was rather weak not to include the poliboard. You yourself didn't have to engage in it... At any rate... the site looks nice.. Go Browns...

    I like the idea of it, and i'm not adverse to differing opinions and discussions. But regardless now I may be held responsible for what people post here (even though the ToS says I'm not, you never know how the law might interpret things). Leaving it archived is even questionable for me. It seems completely unmoderated to me at this point, there's doxxing and hateful remarks and various things that I'm not comfortable hosting.

    Maybe if the moderator group proves they can adequately moderate the rest of the board I'd be open to re-opening a political board, but I can't allow anything that's very gray or 4chan-like that might get my servers flagged for anything malicious.

    I would just say if your gonna choose moderators.. Choose them fairly.. by that I mean people who are on both sides of the Aisle.. Not all on one side... This can be done collectively.

    @nickers said:
    I would just say if your gonna choose moderators.. Choose them fairly.. by that I mean people who are on both sides of the Aisle.. Not all on one side... This can be done collectively.


    oh fuck you,when ever any of you went full on racist with your hate speech w, steve would come to your rescue , so how about this nickers why dont you start your own board so you and your friends can go full on racist with out any consequences

  • BBW, freaking board looks great

  • @TexasAg1969 said:
    Never mind-I see the little movable rectangle just to the right of last post can take me back in the thread.


    You can also enable pagination if you dont like infinite scroll

    @bbedward Thanks I actually found settings all by myself. Not bad for 79+ LOL!

  • @bbedward Thanks I actually found settings all by myself. Not bad for 79+ LOL!

    @TexasAg1969 said:
    @bbedward Thanks I actually found settings all by myself. Not bad for 79+ LOL!


    theres settings ?

  • @syd said:
    theres settings ?


    A lot of them actually

  • coolness

  • Don't forget that nickers and others will whine and moan unless "be equal" on the poli board is translated to "Heads Republicans win, tails Democrats lose" in addition to reposting threats of felony murder. Drawing a rifle scope around a picture of a Democratic politician is a threat. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated.. that's not equality.
    And so whoever does the modding of the poli board will need to give in to those threats exactly zero times, because it's never Just This One Thread. It's forever.

  • sydS syd
    @TexasAg1969 said:
    @bbedward Thanks I actually found settings all by myself. Not bad for 79+ LOL!


    theres settings ?

    @syd Yep, just click on your own name and scroll down to settings.

  • Hi, yes it's me The Hoorta. Glad that BB was able to save the board. In my old age I wasn't able to remember my password, (or the new software didn't recognize it) and "Reset Password" wasn't working yesterday. Didn't want to post using my Google account- which uses your real name. That function is working now.
    I wrote this yesterday, it was saved, a lot has happened in the last 12-18 hours, so I'll modify it a bit.
    I have a very strong opinion on why the Poli Board should have died. It was ONLY one sided political opinion. (I think BB echoed that opinion) And differing POVs were unrelentingly attacked. I tried to Moderate some of it, and basically caught hell for trying to do so. Big reason why I essentially left the board for months\years- because I didn't need to see the unmoderated crap that was going on there. So IMHO if you want to talk right wing politics- there's plenty of Forums out there that will let you post away to your hearts content.
    I see that BB has allowed a new News and politics forum. I'm willing to give it a chance, but if it reverts into it's former right wing echo chamber with a load of ad hominum attacks regarding differing POVs- I'll be the first to say SHUT IT DOWN!!

  • I think it’s high time I start joining in on the fun of the Poliboard.

    I mean, why let all the pedophile supporters have all the fun, right boys? šŸ˜‰

  • Hi, yes it's me The Hoorta. Glad that BB was able to save the board. In my old age I wasn't able to remember my password, (or the new software didn't recognize it) and "Reset Password" wasn't working yesterday. Didn't want to post using my Google account- which uses your real name. That function is working now.
    I wrote this yesterday, it was saved, a lot has happened in the last 12-18 hours, so I'll modify it a bit.
    I have a very strong opinion on why the Poli Board should have died. It was ONLY one sided political opinion. (I think BB echoed that opinion) And differing POVs were unrelentingly attacked. I tried to Moderate some of it, and basically caught hell for trying to do so. Big reason why I essentially left the board for months\years- because I didn't need to see the unmoderated crap that was going on there. So IMHO if you want to talk right wing politics- there's plenty of Forums out there that will let you post away to your hearts content.
    I see that BB has allowed a new News and politics forum. I'm willing to give it a chance, but if it reverts into it's former right wing echo chamber with a load of ad hominum attacks regarding differing POVs- I'll be the first to say SHUT IT DOWN!!

    @hoorta said:
    Hi, yes it's me The Hoorta. Glad that BB was able to save the board. In my old age I wasn't able to remember my password, (or the new software didn't recognize it) and "Reset Password" wasn't working yesterday. Didn't want to post using my Google account- which uses your real name. That function is working now.
    I wrote this yesterday, it was saved, a lot has happened in the last 12-18 hours, so I'll modify it a bit.
    I have a very strong opinion on why the Poli Board should have died. It was ONLY one sided political opinion. (I think BB echoed that opinion) And differing POVs were unrelentingly attacked. I tried to Moderate some of it, and basically caught hell for trying to do so. Big reason why I essentially left the board for months\years- because I didn't need to see the unmoderated crap that was going on there. So IMHO if you want to talk right wing politics- there's plenty of Forums out there that will let you post away to your hearts content.
    I see that BB has allowed a new News and politics forum. I'm willing to give it a chance, but if it reverts into it's former right wing echo chamber with a load of ad hominum attacks regarding differing POVs- I'll be the first to say SHUT IT DOWN!!


    Welcome back Larry! If grown men and Cal are still worshipping Donald Trump on that board - it should help you understand just how terrifying the little 150 lb Hunter Biden must have been to that group.

  • @hoorta said:
    Hi, yes it's me The Hoorta. Glad that BB was able to save the board. In my old age I wasn't able to remember my password, (or the new software didn't recognize it) and "Reset Password" wasn't working yesterday. Didn't want to post using my Google account- which uses your real name. That function is working now.
    I wrote this yesterday, it was saved, a lot has happened in the last 12-18 hours, so I'll modify it a bit.
    I have a very strong opinion on why the Poli Board should have died. It was ONLY one sided political opinion. (I think BB echoed that opinion) And differing POVs were unrelentingly attacked. I tried to Moderate some of it, and basically caught hell for trying to do so. Big reason why I essentially left the board for months\years- because I didn't need to see the unmoderated crap that was going on there. So IMHO if you want to talk right wing politics- there's plenty of Forums out there that will let you post away to your hearts content.
    I see that BB has allowed a new News and politics forum. I'm willing to give it a chance, but if it reverts into it's former right wing echo chamber with a load of ad hominum attacks regarding differing POVs- I'll be the first to say SHUT IT DOWN!!


    Welcome back Larry! If grown men and Cal are still worshipping Donald Trump on that board - it should help you understand just how terrifying the little 150 lb Hunter Biden must have been to that group.

    @Flugel said:
    Welcome back Larry! If grown men and Cal are still worshipping Donald Trump on that board - it should help you understand just how terrifying the little 150 lb Hunter Biden must have been to that group.


    The absolute funniest part of this whole situation is that dissenting opinions on THAT board were often deleted off it by the same guy who used to cry to Stan on a regular basis and when I showed up on it almost immediately Steve threatened to ban me from the board entirely 🤣 Now there are rules and they are melting down.

    Every middle finger we receive over this literally makes me warm and fuzzy inside. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

  • @bbedward thanks for keeping the board going man, loving the layout!


  • Respect

  • Awesome work and thanks for keeping the community alive. Can you put a Paypal or Buy me a coffee link so members can make contributions?

  • Awesome work and thanks for keeping the community alive. Can you put a Paypal or Buy me a coffee link so members can make contributions?

    @MDDawg said:
    Awesome work and thanks for keeping the community alive. Can you put a Paypal or Buy me a coffee link so members can make contributions?


    I put a ko-fi donate button that routes to PayPal from the beginning. Its in the header and the sidebar bottom on the home page.

    Don't expect anything, will never put ads or trackers here, and will never try to monetize the platform in any way. I do have costs associated (my servers, cloud flares email platform, cloud flare R2 storage, domain renewals) - so donations are appreciated but I don't expect them or demand them and I don't wanna spam popups asking for them.

    What we have now is much cheaper than the previous board in reality, the significant cost would be my time which I'm not counting obviously since I'm willing to spend the time on this anyway.

  • Maybe invite me to a tailgate or give me an extra ticket to a game that's before November. Id join, but otherwise I don't care.

    One of the main reason I care about this place is my interactions with @tour2ma . I was fresh out of college, we placed a bet for some beer, I don't remember who won but I sent some Christmas ale to Texas and he sent some beer to me from his local Texas town.

    The fact was it didn't matter who won the bet, we both just sent each other local beer samplers anyway, was awesome to me. I have a lot of interactions with people in real life and online across numerous forums (thousands of people and communities like this one to cryptocurrency to Linux communities). Nothing is more memorable to me than the interactions I've had here. I wish I could have talked to tour more in his battle with cancer, but nonetheless I'm grateful for the interactions I had with him while I was here.

    Go browns, and guardians, and cavs

  • Maybe invite me to a tailgate or give me an extra ticket to a game that's before November. Id join, but otherwise I don't care.

    One of the main reason I care about this place is my interactions with @tour2ma . I was fresh out of college, we placed a bet for some beer, I don't remember who won but I sent some Christmas ale to Texas and he sent some beer to me from his local Texas town.

    The fact was it didn't matter who won the bet, we both just sent each other local beer samplers anyway, was awesome to me. I have a lot of interactions with people in real life and online across numerous forums (thousands of people and communities like this one to cryptocurrency to Linux communities). Nothing is more memorable to me than the interactions I've had here. I wish I could have talked to tour more in his battle with cancer, but nonetheless I'm grateful for the interactions I had with him while I was here.

    Go browns, and guardians, and cavs

    @bbedward said:
    Maybe invite me to a tailgate or give me an extra ticket to a game that's before November. Id join, but otherwise I don't care.

    One of the main reason I care about this place is my interactions with @tour2ma . I was fresh out of college, we placed a bet for some beer, I don't remember who won but I sent some Christmas ale to Texas and he sent some beer to me from his local Texas town.

    The fact was it didn't matter who won the bet, we both just sent each other local beer samplers anyway, was awesome to me. I have a lot of interactions with people in real life and online across numerous forums (thousands of people and communities like this one to cryptocurrency to Linux communities). Nothing is more memorable to me than the interactions I've had here. I wish I could have talked to tour more in his battle with cancer, but nonetheless I'm grateful for the interactions I had with him while I was here.

    Go browns, and guardians, and cavs


    Tour was one of my favorite people here too. His interest in O-line blocking schemes really spurned my own interest and l started really paying attention to the nuts and bolts involved. I no longer have a DVR, but when l did l would spend quite a bit of time rewinding and slo-moing plays to watch everything unfold.

    He was a gem of a human being too. I’m not sure l ever understood the significance of his handle though: Tour2ma. Anyone know?