Skip to content

Final: Browns (3-1) 27, Steelers (2-2) 24 · Week 4

Pinned The Browns Board
118 23 489 1
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote last edited by

    Hello W I N N E R S !

    ROCK CLEVELAND !

  • nickersN nickers wrote last edited by

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Motherfuckers!!!!

  • U Unsympathetic wrote last edited by

    Does this Szymt guy have any college eligibility left? OSU would like to buy a vowel

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote last edited by

    Just goes to show ya all the browns needed for a first place AFCN record was a new browns board

  • sydS syd wrote last edited by

    thought the same thing

  • sydS syd wrote last edited by

    and i will keep wearing my Browns cap backwards and spilling beer on my ZZ TOP shirt,

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote last edited by

    Highlights

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote last edited by

    I didn’t want to jinx it by mentioning this before or during the game, but apparently the last time the Browns lost a Thursday night home game George W. Bush was the President.

  • Captain TripsC Captain Trips wrote last edited by

    Aaron Rodgers is a crybaby bitch!

    Go Browns! 3-1!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote last edited by

    Had my coffee from my Browns cup yesterday, so I take credit for the W (with a lot of help from our rookie and soph draft picks on O). Had to watch the 20 minute highlights since I could not find a way to watch it live.

  • I didn’t want to jinx it by mentioning this before or during the game, but apparently the last time the Browns lost a Thursday night home game George W. Bush was the President.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote last edited by

    @Ibleedbrown That fact shocked and awed me 😉

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote last edited by

    Well hot damn, that was fun!

    Not sure how long it lasts, but going to enjoy it while it does!

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote last edited by
  • OrionO Orion wrote last edited by

    When Mrs. Wife goes to bed I'm going to rewatch this game so that I can enjoy it properly. 🙂 Maan, #'s 80 & 30 are hard to bring down. Again, hats off to the D. It seemed like every guy that wound up having to play DL got a sack. And how about Mike Hall, on a leg & a half, getting a sack! I now love that guy. 🙂 The whole key to success against Rogers is pressure. He does NOT want to get hurt. He's looking towards retirement and raising his yet to be born new baby. We did a nice job of pressuring with the blitz and with just 4. There were times when Rogers had a lot of time but on many of those the coverage guys were doing a great job and Rogers just threw it away. An admirable job was done against the run. - I hope Mason & Hall can heal up quickly.

    Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us. Many people wanted him gone after he missed kicks that cost us a game at the start of his career. But I liked his kicks. When he missed, it wasn't by much. Whereas Hopkins had been missing by a mile! I remember saying, after he lost us the game and people wanted him cut, No - we don't cut him. This kid now knows exactly how it feels to let your team and fans down. It sucks! He kicks the ball solidly. If he can 'mentally' come back next week and make the kicks that he's sent out there to make, then we may have our future kicker. - I watched the replay of the kick that lost us the Dolphins game, and this was after already missing an extra point. They replayed a camera that was focused right on his face. You knew exactly when the ball was sailing wide of the post because he said, Oh Come On!. - I remember thinking to myself, This kid does not expect to miss. ** A 56 yarder to beat the Steelers at Home for 1st Place ** That's a playoff win to Browns fans!
    NOW, AFTER SAYING ALL THAT! After he makes that kick, he kicks it into the end zone. 😞 NO time off the clock. The ball placed at the 35. I was like, NOW why on earth did ya do that! And then they show Monken on the sidelines and he's stooped over like he's vomiting. 🙂 too much adrenalin from making the 56 yarder I'm sure

    Watson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.

    Boston run good routes. He runs them fast and hard with quick jukes to help him get a little space on his cuts.

    All of our RB's did an admirable job! There's just not much room to run.

    The key is QB play. Both QB's did admirably and finished with about the same QB rating (take away Rogers' Hail Mary INT). And thus, at the end of the game, either team coulda' won. - First Place feels good! I'd forgotten...

  • When Mrs. Wife goes to bed I'm going to rewatch this game so that I can enjoy it properly. 🙂 Maan, #'s 80 & 30 are hard to bring down. Again, hats off to the D. It seemed like every guy that wound up having to play DL got a sack. And how about Mike Hall, on a leg & a half, getting a sack! I now love that guy. 🙂 The whole key to success against Rogers is pressure. He does NOT want to get hurt. He's looking towards retirement and raising his yet to be born new baby. We did a nice job of pressuring with the blitz and with just 4. There were times when Rogers had a lot of time but on many of those the coverage guys were doing a great job and Rogers just threw it away. An admirable job was done against the run. - I hope Mason & Hall can heal up quickly.

    Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us. Many people wanted him gone after he missed kicks that cost us a game at the start of his career. But I liked his kicks. When he missed, it wasn't by much. Whereas Hopkins had been missing by a mile! I remember saying, after he lost us the game and people wanted him cut, No - we don't cut him. This kid now knows exactly how it feels to let your team and fans down. It sucks! He kicks the ball solidly. If he can 'mentally' come back next week and make the kicks that he's sent out there to make, then we may have our future kicker. - I watched the replay of the kick that lost us the Dolphins game, and this was after already missing an extra point. They replayed a camera that was focused right on his face. You knew exactly when the ball was sailing wide of the post because he said, Oh Come On!. - I remember thinking to myself, This kid does not expect to miss. ** A 56 yarder to beat the Steelers at Home for 1st Place ** That's a playoff win to Browns fans!
    NOW, AFTER SAYING ALL THAT! After he makes that kick, he kicks it into the end zone. 😞 NO time off the clock. The ball placed at the 35. I was like, NOW why on earth did ya do that! And then they show Monken on the sidelines and he's stooped over like he's vomiting. 🙂 too much adrenalin from making the 56 yarder I'm sure

    Watson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.

    Boston run good routes. He runs them fast and hard with quick jukes to help him get a little space on his cuts.

    All of our RB's did an admirable job! There's just not much room to run.

    The key is QB play. Both QB's did admirably and finished with about the same QB rating (take away Rogers' Hail Mary INT). And thus, at the end of the game, either team coulda' won. - First Place feels good! I'd forgotten...

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote last edited by
    @Orion said:
    Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us.


    That kick was absolutely beautiful, perfect contact. Would have been good from 65