Final: Browns (3-1) 27, Steelers (2-2) 24 · Week 4
-
-
-
Highlights
-
I didn’t want to jinx it by mentioning this before or during the game, but apparently the last time the Browns lost a Thursday night home game George W. Bush was the President.
-
Aaron Rodgers is a crybaby bitch!
Go Browns! 3-1!
-
Had my coffee from my Browns cup yesterday, so I take credit for the W (with a lot of help from our rookie and soph draft picks on O). Had to watch the 20 minute highlights since I could not find a way to watch it live.
-
I didn’t want to jinx it by mentioning this before or during the game, but apparently the last time the Browns lost a Thursday night home game George W. Bush was the President.
@Ibleedbrown That fact shocked and awed me

-
Well hot damn, that was fun!
Not sure how long it lasts, but going to enjoy it while it does!
-
-
When Mrs. Wife goes to bed I'm going to rewatch this game so that I can enjoy it properly.
Maan, #'s 80 & 30 are hard to bring down. Again, hats off to the D. It seemed like every guy that wound up having to play DL got a sack. And how about Mike Hall, on a leg & a half, getting a sack! I now love that guy.
The whole key to success against Rogers is pressure. He does NOT want to get hurt. He's looking towards retirement and raising his yet to be born new baby. We did a nice job of pressuring with the blitz and with just 4. There were times when Rogers had a lot of time but on many of those the coverage guys were doing a great job and Rogers just threw it away. An admirable job was done against the run. - I hope Mason & Hall can heal up quickly.Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us. Many people wanted him gone after he missed kicks that cost us a game at the start of his career. But I liked his kicks. When he missed, it wasn't by much. Whereas Hopkins had been missing by a mile! I remember saying, after he lost us the game and people wanted him cut, No - we don't cut him. This kid now knows exactly how it feels to let your team and fans down. It sucks! He kicks the ball solidly. If he can 'mentally' come back next week and make the kicks that he's sent out there to make, then we may have our future kicker. - I watched the replay of the kick that lost us the Dolphins game, and this was after already missing an extra point. They replayed a camera that was focused right on his face. You knew exactly when the ball was sailing wide of the post because he said, Oh Come On!. - I remember thinking to myself, This kid does not expect to miss. ** A 56 yarder to beat the Steelers at Home for 1st Place ** That's a playoff win to Browns fans!
NOW, AFTER SAYING ALL THAT! After he makes that kick, he kicks it into the end zone.
NO time off the clock. The ball placed at the 35. I was like, NOW why on earth did ya do that! And then they show Monken on the sidelines and he's stooped over like he's vomiting.
too much adrenalin from making the 56 yarder I'm sureWatson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.
Boston run good routes. He runs them fast and hard with quick jukes to help him get a little space on his cuts.
All of our RB's did an admirable job! There's just not much room to run.
The key is QB play. Both QB's did admirably and finished with about the same QB rating (take away Rogers' Hail Mary INT). And thus, at the end of the game, either team coulda' won. - First Place feels good! I'd forgotten...
-
When Mrs. Wife goes to bed I'm going to rewatch this game so that I can enjoy it properly.
Maan, #'s 80 & 30 are hard to bring down. Again, hats off to the D. It seemed like every guy that wound up having to play DL got a sack. And how about Mike Hall, on a leg & a half, getting a sack! I now love that guy.
The whole key to success against Rogers is pressure. He does NOT want to get hurt. He's looking towards retirement and raising his yet to be born new baby. We did a nice job of pressuring with the blitz and with just 4. There were times when Rogers had a lot of time but on many of those the coverage guys were doing a great job and Rogers just threw it away. An admirable job was done against the run. - I hope Mason & Hall can heal up quickly.Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us. Many people wanted him gone after he missed kicks that cost us a game at the start of his career. But I liked his kicks. When he missed, it wasn't by much. Whereas Hopkins had been missing by a mile! I remember saying, after he lost us the game and people wanted him cut, No - we don't cut him. This kid now knows exactly how it feels to let your team and fans down. It sucks! He kicks the ball solidly. If he can 'mentally' come back next week and make the kicks that he's sent out there to make, then we may have our future kicker. - I watched the replay of the kick that lost us the Dolphins game, and this was after already missing an extra point. They replayed a camera that was focused right on his face. You knew exactly when the ball was sailing wide of the post because he said, Oh Come On!. - I remember thinking to myself, This kid does not expect to miss. ** A 56 yarder to beat the Steelers at Home for 1st Place ** That's a playoff win to Browns fans!
NOW, AFTER SAYING ALL THAT! After he makes that kick, he kicks it into the end zone.
NO time off the clock. The ball placed at the 35. I was like, NOW why on earth did ya do that! And then they show Monken on the sidelines and he's stooped over like he's vomiting.
too much adrenalin from making the 56 yarder I'm sureWatson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.
Boston run good routes. He runs them fast and hard with quick jukes to help him get a little space on his cuts.
All of our RB's did an admirable job! There's just not much room to run.
The key is QB play. Both QB's did admirably and finished with about the same QB rating (take away Rogers' Hail Mary INT). And thus, at the end of the game, either team coulda' won. - First Place feels good! I'd forgotten...
-
I do want to say that it was very entertaining to watch the meltdown happen on the Steeler's sideline. Really shows how much Tomlin kept that shit in check.
Now all he does is build cities in Minecraft and rage baits Todd Monken on national TV.
-
I do want to say that it was very entertaining to watch the meltdown happen on the Steeler's sideline. Really shows how much Tomlin kept that shit in check.
Now all he does is build cities in Minecraft and rage baits Todd Monken on national TV.
@Captain-Trips said:
and rage baits Todd Monken on national TV.
Since Monken said that, the team has backed it up with 2 more wins. Gotta love that symmetry. -
-
@Captain-Trips said:
and rage baits Todd Monken on national TV.
Since Monken said that, the team has backed it up with 2 more wins. Gotta love that symmetry.@Orion said:
Since Monken said that, the team has backed it up with 2 more wins. Gotta love that symmetry.
Verse talking about pit playing dirty
https://twitter.com/i/status/2105915002280460399 -
When Mrs. Wife goes to bed I'm going to rewatch this game so that I can enjoy it properly.
Maan, #'s 80 & 30 are hard to bring down. Again, hats off to the D. It seemed like every guy that wound up having to play DL got a sack. And how about Mike Hall, on a leg & a half, getting a sack! I now love that guy.
The whole key to success against Rogers is pressure. He does NOT want to get hurt. He's looking towards retirement and raising his yet to be born new baby. We did a nice job of pressuring with the blitz and with just 4. There were times when Rogers had a lot of time but on many of those the coverage guys were doing a great job and Rogers just threw it away. An admirable job was done against the run. - I hope Mason & Hall can heal up quickly.Szmyt has been a really good kicker for us. Many people wanted him gone after he missed kicks that cost us a game at the start of his career. But I liked his kicks. When he missed, it wasn't by much. Whereas Hopkins had been missing by a mile! I remember saying, after he lost us the game and people wanted him cut, No - we don't cut him. This kid now knows exactly how it feels to let your team and fans down. It sucks! He kicks the ball solidly. If he can 'mentally' come back next week and make the kicks that he's sent out there to make, then we may have our future kicker. - I watched the replay of the kick that lost us the Dolphins game, and this was after already missing an extra point. They replayed a camera that was focused right on his face. You knew exactly when the ball was sailing wide of the post because he said, Oh Come On!. - I remember thinking to myself, This kid does not expect to miss. ** A 56 yarder to beat the Steelers at Home for 1st Place ** That's a playoff win to Browns fans!
NOW, AFTER SAYING ALL THAT! After he makes that kick, he kicks it into the end zone.
NO time off the clock. The ball placed at the 35. I was like, NOW why on earth did ya do that! And then they show Monken on the sidelines and he's stooped over like he's vomiting.
too much adrenalin from making the 56 yarder I'm sureWatson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.
Boston run good routes. He runs them fast and hard with quick jukes to help him get a little space on his cuts.
All of our RB's did an admirable job! There's just not much room to run.
The key is QB play. Both QB's did admirably and finished with about the same QB rating (take away Rogers' Hail Mary INT). And thus, at the end of the game, either team coulda' won. - First Place feels good! I'd forgotten...
@Orion said:
Watson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.Watson before the fumble and Watson after the fumble were and are two completely different QBs. It's quite metaphorical for his life. When he feels like he's on fire, he is, like you said, solid. When one chink develops in his armor he falls apart. Credit to the OL as well, they did what was needed in the second half.
-
-
@Orion said:
Watson is doing a solid job. He's not being a turnover machine but with him, I'm just as afraid of the fumble as the INT. MAAN that win could've been so much easier if he hits wide open Fannin for the 1st down instead of throwing it way behind him. I know that he was running to his left but it was the same thing last week and he put it right on him for the TD.Watson before the fumble and Watson after the fumble were and are two completely different QBs. It's quite metaphorical for his life. When he feels like he's on fire, he is, like you said, solid. When one chink develops in his armor he falls apart. Credit to the OL as well, they did what was needed in the second half.
@AP1 said:
Watson before the fumble and Watson after the fumble were and are two completely different QBs. It's quite metaphorical for his life. When he feels like he's on fire, he is, like you said, solid. When one chink develops in his armor he falls apart. Credit to the OL as well, they did what was needed in the second half.
The miss to Fannin felt like a miscommunication more than just a plain miss. Like Watson expected him to turn up field instead of continuing towards the sideline. -
@AP1 said:
Watson before the fumble and Watson after the fumble were and are two completely different QBs. It's quite metaphorical for his life. When he feels like he's on fire, he is, like you said, solid. When one chink develops in his armor he falls apart. Credit to the OL as well, they did what was needed in the second half.
The miss to Fannin felt like a miscommunication more than just a plain miss. Like Watson expected him to turn up field instead of continuing towards the sideline.@bbedward said:
The miss to Fannin felt like a miscommunication more than just a plain miss. Like Watson expected him to turn up field instead of continuing towards the sideline.
I agree. But, overall, after the fumble he played timid and not to lose. Before the fumble, he was loose and he was playing to win. What we saw in the second quarter was nice: solid run game, solid pass game, consistently moving the ball, converting...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
