Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Game Scribbles

Game Scribbles

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
22 Posts 8 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Metcalf_FTW ?
    • Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Here is what I took from today's loss to Cincinnati -- feel free to disagree and give reason, I would be interested in feedback.

    - The offensive line played a lot better in the rushing game today. They had several really nice zone blocking sets that let Harrison break away for above-average gains. Pass protection as well, O-line played a lot better under Anderson today. I don't think we false started once!!!!! Alex Mack has improved every week.

    - Beside Harrison's fumble, where he literally had four defenders on top of him, I thought the kids looked good rushing and did better than I expected at picking up blitzes. I know he is not strong enough to get the job done in the red zone, but I am so sick of Lewis and his baby steps for two yards. I think once Lewis gets healthy he should not be our started and used in short yardage situations and when we need better blocking in the backfield.

    - BMac had a great day when he played. He seems to always come through after he gets in trouble and has a bad game. I'l be wondering what we do next week.

    - Obviously safety is where we our thinnest when we have Mike Furrey playing the position. I always hope for a win, but if we lose a lot more I will be hoping for Berry from Tennessee. We need nasty safety to help with the defense.

    - If I were an opposing coach, I would throw the ball all day against us towards the middle of the field. Our linebackers do not do a great job in coverage and we always seem to have breakdowns. Our corners played great, but the middle of the field is what hurt us.

    - Did Carson Palmer take a note from Big Gay Ben in scrambling for a first down on our defense?

    - MoMass played awesome and I called it all week. He looked on page with Anderson in training camp. Maybe I am partial because he grew up down the way from me, but it's awesome to see us have another playmaker on offense. That Winslow trade doesn't seem too bad now, does it? That is who we used the pick on.

    - I worry that by the time we have the pieces in place to make a run, which may be a while, Sean Rodgers will be too old to compete. The guy is amazing and our defense would take 20-steps backs without him.

    - Some type of punishment needs to be done about Braylon and his drops. Whether it is benching him for the first quarter of a game -- someone needs to make the kid realize that dropping the ball may be acceptable in Michigan but not in Cleveland -- or maybe it is, we haven't done anything about it yet.

    - D.A. is our guy, but keep Quinn around to see how the season pans out. If D.A. continues to improve then we trade Quinn around the draft when his stock will be the highest. Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help. D.A. has a lot of potential if he can be given the keys to the team and get on the same page as players without Quinn watching his back.

    - Offense looked good, but I would hate to see what happened without the blessing of Joshua Cribbs. We must find a way to keep him forever!

    - Playcalling was better, but not great. I don't like running it on 2nd and 18. With D.A. you spread the field and grow a pair instead of settling for a 3-yard rush.

    - I thought the challenge on Chad Ochocinco's TD was a terrible idea. Even if you got it, which it did not look to promising, they still have 2nd and goal from short. I understand the second challenge, but that wasn't the best idea either.

    - We held back on penalties today overall.

    - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

    T LumberghL 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ? Guest

      Here is what I took from today's loss to Cincinnati -- feel free to disagree and give reason, I would be interested in feedback.

      - The offensive line played a lot better in the rushing game today. They had several really nice zone blocking sets that let Harrison break away for above-average gains. Pass protection as well, O-line played a lot better under Anderson today. I don't think we false started once!!!!! Alex Mack has improved every week.

      - Beside Harrison's fumble, where he literally had four defenders on top of him, I thought the kids looked good rushing and did better than I expected at picking up blitzes. I know he is not strong enough to get the job done in the red zone, but I am so sick of Lewis and his baby steps for two yards. I think once Lewis gets healthy he should not be our started and used in short yardage situations and when we need better blocking in the backfield.

      - BMac had a great day when he played. He seems to always come through after he gets in trouble and has a bad game. I'l be wondering what we do next week.

      - Obviously safety is where we our thinnest when we have Mike Furrey playing the position. I always hope for a win, but if we lose a lot more I will be hoping for Berry from Tennessee. We need nasty safety to help with the defense.

      - If I were an opposing coach, I would throw the ball all day against us towards the middle of the field. Our linebackers do not do a great job in coverage and we always seem to have breakdowns. Our corners played great, but the middle of the field is what hurt us.

      - Did Carson Palmer take a note from Big Gay Ben in scrambling for a first down on our defense?

      - MoMass played awesome and I called it all week. He looked on page with Anderson in training camp. Maybe I am partial because he grew up down the way from me, but it's awesome to see us have another playmaker on offense. That Winslow trade doesn't seem too bad now, does it? That is who we used the pick on.

      - I worry that by the time we have the pieces in place to make a run, which may be a while, Sean Rodgers will be too old to compete. The guy is amazing and our defense would take 20-steps backs without him.

      - Some type of punishment needs to be done about Braylon and his drops. Whether it is benching him for the first quarter of a game -- someone needs to make the kid realize that dropping the ball may be acceptable in Michigan but not in Cleveland -- or maybe it is, we haven't done anything about it yet.

      - D.A. is our guy, but keep Quinn around to see how the season pans out. If D.A. continues to improve then we trade Quinn around the draft when his stock will be the highest. Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help. D.A. has a lot of potential if he can be given the keys to the team and get on the same page as players without Quinn watching his back.

      - Offense looked good, but I would hate to see what happened without the blessing of Joshua Cribbs. We must find a way to keep him forever!

      - Playcalling was better, but not great. I don't like running it on 2nd and 18. With D.A. you spread the field and grow a pair instead of settling for a 3-yard rush.

      - I thought the challenge on Chad Ochocinco's TD was a terrible idea. Even if you got it, which it did not look to promising, they still have 2nd and goal from short. I understand the second challenge, but that wasn't the best idea either.

      - We held back on penalties today overall.

      - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

      TheBestPlayersPlay T
      • 131 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Metcalf_FTW said:

      -Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help.

      - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

      Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

      The Bills, another sub-par opponent that will have you slobbering all over DAs knob.

      And before you tell me the Bengals beat the super bowl champs ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. The Bengals are not a good team.

      200+ yards on ST.

      100+ yards on the ground.

      100+ yards for a receiver.

      And DA still finds a way to shit the bed. Deja-vu.

      "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
      LumberghL F 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Metcalf_FTW ?
        • Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Well the Broncos beat the Bengals and your boy Quinn scored us 6 points against them -- 3 after we got the ball on their own 20 after a kickoff fumble. Brady not only had these three games but he had three last season. You can teach Anderson to make better decisions, you can't teach Quinn how to throw the ball farther with accuracy -- he doesn't have it. Unless we base our offense on the screen pass he is not the answer.

        How many drops went against Anderson today? Braylon had two, Royal had two if you count the one off his face, Furrey had one off his chest and Harrison had one where he was afraid of being hit.

        Anderson is the best QB on this team. Period.

        T 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ? Guest

          Well the Broncos beat the Bengals and your boy Quinn scored us 6 points against them -- 3 after we got the ball on their own 20 after a kickoff fumble. Brady not only had these three games but he had three last season. You can teach Anderson to make better decisions, you can't teach Quinn how to throw the ball farther with accuracy -- he doesn't have it. Unless we base our offense on the screen pass he is not the answer.

          How many drops went against Anderson today? Braylon had two, Royal had two if you count the one off his face, Furrey had one off his chest and Harrison had one where he was afraid of being hit.

          Anderson is the best QB on this team. Period.

          TheBestPlayersPlay T
          • 131 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Metcalf_FTW said:

          Well the Broncos beat the Bengals and your boy Quinn scored us 6 points against them -- 3 after we got the ball on their own 20 after a kickoff fumble. Brady not only had these three games but he had three last season. You can teach Anderson to make better decisions, you can't teach Quinn how to throw the ball farther with accuracy -- he doesn't have it. Unless we base our offense on the screen pass he is not the answer.

          How many drops went against Anderson today? Braylon had two, Royal had two if you count the one off his face, Furrey had one off his chest and Harrison had one where he was afraid of being hit.

          Anderson is the best QB on this team. Period.

          If you are correct and Anderson is the best QB on this team, then we are SCREWED, because the next few years we will have to continue the search for a 1st and 2nd stringer, as DA is no better than a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL.

          "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
          LumberghL 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T TheBestPlayersPlay

            Metcalf_FTW said:

            -Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help.

            - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

            Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

            The Bills, another sub-par opponent that will have you slobbering all over DAs knob.

            And before you tell me the Bengals beat the super bowl champs ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. The Bengals are not a good team.

            200+ yards on ST.

            100+ yards on the ground.

            100+ yards for a receiver.

            And DA still finds a way to shit the bed. Deja-vu.

            Lumbergh LumberghL
            • 1k Posts
            • 2 Reputation
            LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @thebestplayersplay said:

            Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

            DA is a better QB.

            anyone who argues otherwise is a homosexual.

            The best thing that came out of this game is that the Browns will move out of #32 in power rankings and quite possibly could be favored over the Bills next week.

            T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Metcalf_FTW ?
              • Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
              #6

              So would you say that D.A. is not better than the QB's for the Raiders? Jamarcus Russel, Gradkowski and Chuck Frye?

              Jake Delhomme? Shaun Hill? Marc Bulger or whoever plays for the Rams? I haven't looked at the stats but I bet D.A. had more first downs today than Quinn has had all season.

              T 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T TheBestPlayersPlay

                Metcalf_FTW said:

                Well the Broncos beat the Bengals and your boy Quinn scored us 6 points against them -- 3 after we got the ball on their own 20 after a kickoff fumble. Brady not only had these three games but he had three last season. You can teach Anderson to make better decisions, you can't teach Quinn how to throw the ball farther with accuracy -- he doesn't have it. Unless we base our offense on the screen pass he is not the answer.

                How many drops went against Anderson today? Braylon had two, Royal had two if you count the one off his face, Furrey had one off his chest and Harrison had one where he was afraid of being hit.

                Anderson is the best QB on this team. Period.

                If you are correct and Anderson is the best QB on this team, then we are SCREWED, because the next few years we will have to continue the search for a 1st and 2nd stringer, as DA is no better than a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL.

                Lumbergh LumberghL
                • 1k Posts
                • 2 Reputation
                LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @thebestplayersplay said:

                If you are correct and Anderson is the best QB on this team, then we are SCREWED, because the next few years we will have to continue the search for a 1st and 2nd stringer, as DA is no better than a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL.

                Anderson's gonna be the starter for a LONGGGGG time. I know it breaks your heart BQ fan, but you'll get over it. Time to put it behind you and root for the team.

                T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Metcalf_FTW ?
                  • Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  This Lumbergh guy seems pretty smart. Must know his football.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • T TheBestPlayersPlay

                    Metcalf_FTW said:

                    -Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help.

                    - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

                    Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

                    The Bills, another sub-par opponent that will have you slobbering all over DAs knob.

                    And before you tell me the Bengals beat the super bowl champs ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. The Bengals are not a good team.

                    200+ yards on ST.

                    100+ yards on the ground.

                    100+ yards for a receiver.

                    And DA still finds a way to shit the bed. Deja-vu.

                    FALCON7 F Posting Machine Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 521 Posts
                    • 62 Reputation
                    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7
                    #9

                    @thebestplayersplay said:

                    Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

                    The Bills, another sub-par opponent that will have you slobbering all over DAs knob.

                    And before you tell me the Bengals beat the super bowl champs ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. The Bengals are not a good team.

                    200+ yards on ST.

                    100+ yards on the ground.

                    100+ yards for a receiver.

                    And DA still finds a way to shit the bed. Deja-vu.

                    Really, DA had 1 good sustained drive all day, 77 yards for a 1 yard TD run.

                    The other TD was fine 38 yard drive, 8 yard run, 29 yard pass to MM & then the 1 yard TD pass to Heiden.

                    AND THAT WAS IT!

                    Did nothing with the short fields, and nothing in OT!

                    Not the good DA, not the Bad DA, just the FAIR DA.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ? Guest

                      So would you say that D.A. is not better than the QB's for the Raiders? Jamarcus Russel, Gradkowski and Chuck Frye?

                      Jake Delhomme? Shaun Hill? Marc Bulger or whoever plays for the Rams? I haven't looked at the stats but I bet D.A. had more first downs today than Quinn has had all season.

                      TheBestPlayersPlay T
                      • 131 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Metcalf_FTW said:

                      So would you say that D.A. is not better than the QB's for the Raiders? Jamarcus Russel, Gradkowski and Chuck Frye?

                      Jake Delhomme? Shaun Hill? Marc Bulger or whoever plays for the Rams? I haven't looked at the stats but I bet D.A. had more first downs today than Quinn has had all season.

                      I would say DA is worse than all of those QBs yes. We know he is worse than Charlie as Charlie beat him out on the regular for playing time. Until the genius Philip Savage shipped him off.

                      "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
                      ? LumberghL R 3 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Metcalf_FTW ?
                        • Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I am trying to figure out why every national NFL commentator agrees that Derek Anderson is the better QB, such as Steve Young, yet all of the girls who don't know man coverage vs. zone think Quinn is the answer. It puzzles me...

                        ? 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Crow C
                          • 119 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          C Crow wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I agree with Lumbergh quite a bit actually. Not a huge fan of his negative talk to homosexuals though.

                          All ravens are crows but not all crows are ravens.
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • LumberghL Lumbergh

                            @thebestplayersplay said:

                            If you are correct and Anderson is the best QB on this team, then we are SCREWED, because the next few years we will have to continue the search for a 1st and 2nd stringer, as DA is no better than a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL.

                            Anderson's gonna be the starter for a LONGGGGG time. I know it breaks your heart BQ fan, but you'll get over it. Time to put it behind you and root for the team.

                            TheBestPlayersPlay T
                            • 131 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @lumbergh said:

                            Anderson's gonna be the starter for a LONGGGGG time. I know it breaks your heart BQ fan, but you'll get over it. Time to put it behind you and root for the team.

                            Breaks my heart only due to the fact the this team will suck for a longgggg time if you are correct. I give a shit who is the QB if he brings us victories. 0-4

                            "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • T TheBestPlayersPlay

                              Metcalf_FTW said:

                              So would you say that D.A. is not better than the QB's for the Raiders? Jamarcus Russel, Gradkowski and Chuck Frye?

                              Jake Delhomme? Shaun Hill? Marc Bulger or whoever plays for the Rams? I haven't looked at the stats but I bet D.A. had more first downs today than Quinn has had all season.

                              I would say DA is worse than all of those QBs yes. We know he is worse than Charlie as Charlie beat him out on the regular for playing time. Until the genius Philip Savage shipped him off.

                              Metcalf_FTW ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @thebestplayersplay said:

                              I would say DA is worse than all of those QBs yes. We know he is worse than Charlie as Charlie beat him out on the regular for playing time. Until the genius Philip Savage shipped him off.

                              You mean when Frye beat out Anderson by choosing "tails" over "heads" while Romeo so passionately coached our team?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ? Guest

                                Here is what I took from today's loss to Cincinnati -- feel free to disagree and give reason, I would be interested in feedback.

                                - The offensive line played a lot better in the rushing game today. They had several really nice zone blocking sets that let Harrison break away for above-average gains. Pass protection as well, O-line played a lot better under Anderson today. I don't think we false started once!!!!! Alex Mack has improved every week.

                                - Beside Harrison's fumble, where he literally had four defenders on top of him, I thought the kids looked good rushing and did better than I expected at picking up blitzes. I know he is not strong enough to get the job done in the red zone, but I am so sick of Lewis and his baby steps for two yards. I think once Lewis gets healthy he should not be our started and used in short yardage situations and when we need better blocking in the backfield.

                                - BMac had a great day when he played. He seems to always come through after he gets in trouble and has a bad game. I'l be wondering what we do next week.

                                - Obviously safety is where we our thinnest when we have Mike Furrey playing the position. I always hope for a win, but if we lose a lot more I will be hoping for Berry from Tennessee. We need nasty safety to help with the defense.

                                - If I were an opposing coach, I would throw the ball all day against us towards the middle of the field. Our linebackers do not do a great job in coverage and we always seem to have breakdowns. Our corners played great, but the middle of the field is what hurt us.

                                - Did Carson Palmer take a note from Big Gay Ben in scrambling for a first down on our defense?

                                - MoMass played awesome and I called it all week. He looked on page with Anderson in training camp. Maybe I am partial because he grew up down the way from me, but it's awesome to see us have another playmaker on offense. That Winslow trade doesn't seem too bad now, does it? That is who we used the pick on.

                                - I worry that by the time we have the pieces in place to make a run, which may be a while, Sean Rodgers will be too old to compete. The guy is amazing and our defense would take 20-steps backs without him.

                                - Some type of punishment needs to be done about Braylon and his drops. Whether it is benching him for the first quarter of a game -- someone needs to make the kid realize that dropping the ball may be acceptable in Michigan but not in Cleveland -- or maybe it is, we haven't done anything about it yet.

                                - D.A. is our guy, but keep Quinn around to see how the season pans out. If D.A. continues to improve then we trade Quinn around the draft when his stock will be the highest. Anyone who argues that Quinn is a better QB needs help. D.A. has a lot of potential if he can be given the keys to the team and get on the same page as players without Quinn watching his back.

                                - Offense looked good, but I would hate to see what happened without the blessing of Joshua Cribbs. We must find a way to keep him forever!

                                - Playcalling was better, but not great. I don't like running it on 2nd and 18. With D.A. you spread the field and grow a pair instead of settling for a 3-yard rush.

                                - I thought the challenge on Chad Ochocinco's TD was a terrible idea. Even if you got it, which it did not look to promising, they still have 2nd and goal from short. I understand the second challenge, but that wasn't the best idea either.

                                - We held back on penalties today overall.

                                - We have the Bills next week who are struggling. We beat 'em last year. It will happen next week. Go Browns!

                                Lumbergh LumberghL
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 2 Reputation
                                LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Metcalf_FTW said:

                                - If I were an opposing coach, I would throw the ball all day against us towards the middle of the field. Our linebackers do not do a great job in coverage and we always seem to have breakdowns. Our corners played great, but the middle of the field is what hurt us.

                                i agree the DBs were good.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • T TheBestPlayersPlay

                                  Metcalf_FTW said:

                                  So would you say that D.A. is not better than the QB's for the Raiders? Jamarcus Russel, Gradkowski and Chuck Frye?

                                  Jake Delhomme? Shaun Hill? Marc Bulger or whoever plays for the Rams? I haven't looked at the stats but I bet D.A. had more first downs today than Quinn has had all season.

                                  I would say DA is worse than all of those QBs yes. We know he is worse than Charlie as Charlie beat him out on the regular for playing time. Until the genius Philip Savage shipped him off.

                                  Lumbergh LumberghL
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 2 Reputation
                                  LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @thebestplayersplay said:

                                  I would say DA is worse than all of those QBs yes. We know he is worse than Charlie as Charlie beat him out on the regular for playing time. Until the genius Philip Savage shipped him off.

                                  run along little fella. momma's callin. dinner's ready.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • LumberghL Lumbergh

                                    @thebestplayersplay said:

                                    Anyone who argues DA is a better QB after seeing Quinn play 3 games this season with Cribbs as his #2, J. Lew as his RB, MoMass as his #4 option, Royal as his TE, having ZERO screen plays, and going against 3 undefeated teams needs help. Learn the game.

                                    DA is a better QB.

                                    anyone who argues otherwise is a homosexual.

                                    The best thing that came out of this game is that the Browns will move out of #32 in power rankings and quite possibly could be favored over the Bills next week.

                                    TheBestPlayersPlay T
                                    • 131 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @lumbergh said:

                                    homosexual.

                                    Such a bigot. Even if I was a homosexual, my football IQ far outweighs yours. Get a clue and find a TEAM to root for, not an individual ...especially one who is as predictably awesome at shitting the bed as DA is.

                                    "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Sez.EJ S
                                      • 859 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
                                      #18

                                      I am sick of DA making the same mistakes week, after week, after week.. Throws the int right into the teeth of the defense. We are 3rd down in the red zone in a close game..THROW IT AWAY...kick the field goal. This guy never learns.. same story every time I see him. We may win games with DA but will never be a winning team. I am willing to take my lumps with quinn as I have faith that he will get better, and learn from his mistakes. DA makes me feel like grounghog day.. Every day he throws into the teeth of coverage.. I am not sure he can unlearn this habit.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Metcalf_FTW ?
                                        • Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        D.A. peaked? He is only one year older than Quinn and has started what -- 26 games, give or take? The reason I think he has more upside than Quinn is because of his height, 6'6 verses Quinn at 6'4 I believe, his arm strength - which can not be taught, and his attitude to make the game fun instead of looking constipated in the pocket like Quinn.

                                        You can always learn to read defenses better and make better decisions, but there is no coach in the world that can teach Quinn to sling the ball like Anderson does. Some people have it and some do not. I think Quinn would do a fine job with San Francisco or Oakland with a well balanced attack and short passes as the strength. We have too many receivers not being used when Quinn gets the ball.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Next Year Next YearN
                                          • 132 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
                                          #20
                                          wooooooooooooooooooo brownies are going tooooooooooo the supa bowll !!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUTHHHHHHHHHHA xxxxA!!!!
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate