Furrey playing safety? WTF!
-
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
-
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
The commentator was saying he did play in the defense during his earlier days, dunno how far it is true but hey, if he gets the stop i dont care.
-
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
Furrey had experience playing safety with St. Louis or Detroit, one of the 2. He did a pretty good job today to, I guess Mangini aint as high on Abe Elam as everyone thought when he brought him over from NY
-
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
Furrey had experience playing safety with St. Louis or Detroit, one of the 2. He did a pretty good job today to, I guess Mangini aint as high on Abe Elam as everyone thought when he brought him over from NY
nmills said:
Furrey had experience playing safety with St. Louis or Detroit, one of the 2. He did a pretty good job today to, I guess Mangini aint as high on Abe Elam as everyone thought when he brought him over from NYIndeed he played safety with St. Louis and was actually pretty decent at it.
-
Ok, everyone saw Mike Furrey playing safety today right? I know McDonald got benched for playing softer than a bag of marshmallows, but that is some out of the box thinking by Mangini. Hell, throw Cribbs back there, I bet he would be pretty good!
Furrey had experience playing safety with St. Louis or Detroit, one of the 2. He did a pretty good job today to, I guess Mangini aint as high on Abe Elam as everyone thought when he brought him over from NY
nmills said:
Furrey had experience playing safety with St. Louis or Detroit, one of the 2. He did a pretty good job today to, I guess Mangini aint as high on Abe Elam as everyone thought when he brought him over from NYDid we get Elam in the trade down? If so, nice 'value', Eric.
-
Yea he made a nice break-up on a play that would have been a first down.
-
He made 2 really nice pass break ups, looks like Furrey is another cribbs type Utility player!
He earns sig status
-
Furrey played when the team was in a cover three. Has nothing to do with Elam. Elam is better in run support and Furrey was the next best option when they were playing a 3 deep zone.
McDonald's benching didn't last long. He missed the first series and played most of the game after that. His benching had more to do with his inability to provide run support and letting receivers get behind him when he had deep responsibility. Since they were playing a cover two zone Adams, Pool and Elam playing together did help the run defense and kept Palmer quessing because he never saw some of the formations Ryan threw at him.
-
I thought Furrey was playing nickel.
-
Furrey played when the team was in a cover three. Has nothing to do with Elam. Elam is better in run support and Furrey was the next best option when they were playing a 3 deep zone.
McDonald's benching didn't last long. He missed the first series and played most of the game after that. His benching had more to do with his inability to provide run support and letting receivers get behind him when he had deep responsibility. Since they were playing a cover two zone Adams, Pool and Elam playing together did help the run defense and kept Palmer quessing because he never saw some of the formations Ryan threw at him.
Furrey played when the team was in a cover three. Has nothing to do with Elam. Elam is better in run support and Furrey was the next best option when they were playing a 3 deep zone.
McDonald's benching didn't last long. He missed the first series and played most of the game after that. His benching had more to do with his inability to provide run support and letting receivers get behind him when he had deep responsibility. Since they were playing a cover two zone Adams, Pool and Elam playing together did help the run defense and kept Palmer quessing because he never saw some of the formations Ryan threw at him.
From August PD Article:
Sure enough, Furrey disclosed that he played 11 games at safety for St. Louis in 2005.
"I had four picks and one returned for a touchdown," he said. "I still don't know how that happened. Some day I'll reflect on it."
Furrey actually led the Rams in interceptions that year. His touchdown return was for 67 yards. His emergency role came about because the Rams had injuries at safety and had a surplus at receiver. Furrey played two-way football in the defunct Arena League in 2002 and '03.
-
I like strong WR types at safety for the obvious reasons but mr. cribbs is the guy that would be a godly safety not so unlike mr.myhair polamalu only cleaner with a respectable presence..
Cribbs is built for it and possesses a strong ballhawking presence and great tackling skills characteristics with just a little learning on the job he would at worst make qbs afraid to throw around him or at best become a pick 6 machine...

Just imagine the offensive line and RBs having to deal with josh on a safety blitz from the end or gut....ohhhh yeah baby!

-
I like strong WR types at safety for the obvious reasons but mr. cribbs is the guy that would be a godly safety not so unlike mr.myhair polamalu only cleaner with a respectable presence..
Cribbs is built for it and possesses a strong ballhawking presence and great tackling skills characteristics with just a little learning on the job he would at worst make qbs afraid to throw around him or at best become a pick 6 machine...

Just imagine the offensive line and RBs having to deal with josh on a safety blitz from the end or gut....ohhhh yeah baby!

I like strong WR types at safety for the obvious reasons but mr. cribbs is the guy that would be a godly safety not so unlike mr.myhair polamalu only cleaner with a respectable presence..
Cribbs is built for it and possesses a strong ballhawking presence and great tackling skills characteristics with just a little learning on the job he would at worst make qbs afraid to throw around him or at best become a pick 6 machine...

Just imagine the offensive line and RBs having to deal with josh on a safety blitz from the end or gut....ohhhh yeah baby!

Mangini works with him on safety I think he would be a stud. Speed, quick (first couple of steps), strong and can catch. He has a WR mentality so you know he would get some picks. I always thought that he would be a good safety especially after watching him on special teams and leading the way in tackles.
But you also gotta believe that the coaches know better then us and if he had a shot at doing that they would have already tried, no? And keep the Mangina is dumb remarks out. He has forgotten more about football than you and I know right now put together.
-
I like strong WR types at safety for the obvious reasons but mr. cribbs is the guy that would be a godly safety not so unlike mr.myhair polamalu only cleaner with a respectable presence..
Cribbs is built for it and possesses a strong ballhawking presence and great tackling skills characteristics with just a little learning on the job he would at worst make qbs afraid to throw around him or at best become a pick 6 machine...

Just imagine the offensive line and RBs having to deal with josh on a safety blitz from the end or gut....ohhhh yeah baby!

Mangini works with him on safety I think he would be a stud. Speed, quick (first couple of steps), strong and can catch. He has a WR mentality so you know he would get some picks. I always thought that he would be a good safety especially after watching him on special teams and leading the way in tackles.
But you also gotta believe that the coaches know better then us and if he had a shot at doing that they would have already tried, no? And keep the Mangina is dumb remarks out. He has forgotten more about football than you and I know right now put together.
Mangini works with him on safety I think he would be a stud. Speed, quick (first couple of steps), strong and can catch. He has a WR mentality so you know he would get some picks. I always thought that he would be a good safety especially after watching him on special teams and leading the way in tackles.
But you also gotta believe that the coaches know better then us and if he had a shot at doing that they would have already tried, no? And keep the Mangina is dumb remarks out. He has forgotten more about football than you and I know right now put together.
I'd try him at RB first. He's got Harrison's acceleration AND can break tackles. He also has good enough hands to catch it our of the backfield (obviously). I have no doubt he's stone dudes in pass protection. His problem as a receiver is recognizing coverages and making the proper adjustments. As a one-cut runner, he can do what he's best at -- run to daylight.
With one season under his belt, he'd be vintage Tiki Barber.
-
Mangini works with him on safety I think he would be a stud. Speed, quick (first couple of steps), strong and can catch. He has a WR mentality so you know he would get some picks. I always thought that he would be a good safety especially after watching him on special teams and leading the way in tackles.
But you also gotta believe that the coaches know better then us and if he had a shot at doing that they would have already tried, no? And keep the Mangina is dumb remarks out. He has forgotten more about football than you and I know right now put together.
I'd try him at RB first. He's got Harrison's acceleration AND can break tackles. He also has good enough hands to catch it our of the backfield (obviously). I have no doubt he's stone dudes in pass protection. His problem as a receiver is recognizing coverages and making the proper adjustments. As a one-cut runner, he can do what he's best at -- run to daylight.
With one season under his belt, he'd be vintage Tiki Barber.
I'd try him at RB first. He's got Harrison's acceleration AND can break tackles. He also has good enough hands to catch it our of the backfield (obviously). I have no doubt he's stone dudes in pass protection. His problem as a receiver is recognizing coverages and making the proper adjustments. As a one-cut runner, he can do what he's best at -- run to daylight.
With one season under his belt, he'd be vintage Tiki Barber.
I dont think he can handle the inside running game. Reverses yes. But the way he runs (which is straight up) he would be hurt after 30 carries.
What is he 6'2" 215 - 220? Thats perfect for safety. But again Mangini knows more than us.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login