Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Denver 4 - 0

Denver 4 - 0

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 11 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • BrownIndian BrownIndianB
    • 2k Posts
    • 39 Reputation
    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #1

    How did the Broncos manage to beat the Cowboys ? i was thinking that this Denver team would be a mess and implode but boy was i wrong. They seem competitive and have managed to translate their fights into wins. Perhaps we really were destined to be 0-3 in hindsight ?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 100 Reputation
      ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by ClevelandFanForLife
      #2

      i for one am absolutely shocked. i never thought that they would be 2-2 at this point let alone 4-0. i really have to give josh mcdaniels and his staff some credit. i also need to give broncoinskinland some huge props. he was right and i was wrong. i gave the broncos no chance to win this and even less of a chance to go .500. for now, it looks like i will be wrong on the ladder. that defense is looking fierce right now.

      we all wrote mcdaniels off right away saying that he is too young and ripped that team apart. he's the one laughing now. i guess i shouldn't be too surprised though. i mean we all know that john carroll is the harvard of the midwest and that only the greatest minds in ohio go there. look at who we've had: don shula- the winningest coach in nfl history and the only coach to lead his team to a perfect season. london fletcher: a very solid inside linebacker who was the leader of the ram's superbowl winning defense. you can now add josh mcdaniels to that list as well. if the broncos win the west and go to the playoffs, which it looks like will happen, look for him to be coach of the year. suck on that baldwin wallace and mount union!

      once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DeadWombat D
        • 345 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Tennesee is 0-4.

        Denver is 4-0.

        Niether records will continue down the same path. Just like ours.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Gips GipsG
          • 3k Posts
          • 34 Reputation
          GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
          #4

          Thats why im returning to a honeymoon state with mankok we have played exceptionally tough teams thusfar with the bengals being our weakest opponent to date and they arent exactly weak...

          Denver has been a big shock but i knew after we played them that they were far better than even their fans thought possible and mangini inherited a mess..but after seeing passion on the sidelines and on the field yesterday im not so sure mangini will be a bad coach afterall...they will turn this club around over time as long as they stay passionate about the browns and football they could afford to be more passionate about the fans as well...😉

          We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
            • 6k Posts
            • 221 Reputation
            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I'll admit it. I was WAY off about this team. WAY off. 4-0 with Orton. See what bringing in a vet safety can do for a defense (Dawkins).

            dawkins-from-behind.jpg

            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
            C 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

              I'll admit it. I was WAY off about this team. WAY off. 4-0 with Orton. See what bringing in a vet safety can do for a defense (Dawkins).

              dawkins-from-behind.jpg

              car ramrod C
              • 363 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              C car ramrod wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @kosar_for_president said:

              I'll admit it. I was WAY off about this team. WAY off. 4-0 with Orton. See what bringing in a vet safety can do for a defense (Dawkins).

              dawkins-from-behind.jpg

              You and I both. I thought they were going to be the worst team in the NFL this year.

              A vet safety might have helped but the most important thing that they brought in is Mike Nolan to help that pathetic defense they had last year.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Masters ?
                • Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @shepwrite said:

                The Mike Nolan bandwagon is now open:

                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-to-the-a-list/

                I think he is one of those guys, like Wade Philips, who is a great D coordinator but not cut out to be a HC.

                I think people should start to realize that Orton actually is a pretty decent QB.

                Kosar_For_PresidentK A 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ? Guest

                  @shepwrite said:

                  The Mike Nolan bandwagon is now open:

                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-to-the-a-list/

                  I think he is one of those guys, like Wade Philips, who is a great D coordinator but not cut out to be a HC.

                  I think people should start to realize that Orton actually is a pretty decent QB.

                  Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                  • 6k Posts
                  • 221 Reputation
                  Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Masters said:

                  I think people should start to realize that Orton actually is a pretty decent QB.

                  Just wait he hasn't found his "spot" yet.

                  kyle-orton-with-blond.jpg

                  Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • JoeSixPat J
                    • 334 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    J JoeSixPat wrote on last edited by JoeSixPat
                    #9

                    Well as others have said, the Browns may have lost yesterday but it was a very entertaining loss.

                    Those poor saps in Denver don't know what they're missing.... 😉

                    The so-called "experts" were saying that the personnel in Denver are every bit as bad as the personnel in Cleveland. The only difference is that somehow McDaniels has the team playing above their talent - and in Cleveland's case the best you can say is that Mangini has the Browns playing AT their talent (probably below).

                    It may be that Mangini's tough guy approach that has 10% of the locker room filing NFLPA grievances isn't good for team spirit after all - but at 0-3 I think there's a lot of Browns who found enough personal pride to go out and play hard when down 14-0 yesterday. I don't tihink it had anything to do with Mangini but that's still a good sign.

                    If they lose to the Bills that pride might not be enough to sustain them through the rest of the season.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • broncoinskinland B
                      • 74 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by broncoinskinland
                      #10

                      Appreciate the kind words, to those of you who didn't expect it, don't feel bad. I've been a Broncomaniac for 35 years now (the earliest picture with me in it is at 2 years old, bottle of Budweiser in hand, Broncos on the TV, my taste in beer has expanded, but the team remains the same), and I had some pretty serious doubts myself. We've got a long hard schedule in front of us, but I am beginning to believe that one game at a time McDaniels might be able to make some magic happen, or at least make progress . As for you guys, keep the faith. It is always darkest before the dawn, and outside of Bronco's fans, I can't think of a more loyal and deserving group than the Browns. That was a heartbreaker with Cincy there, but you guys started to show signs of life...it's a long season for you too, you never know what might happen on any given Sunday.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • broncoinskinland B
                        • 74 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @shepwrite said:

                        Is Mike Nolan the DC in Denver? If so, watch for that to become the story there. They've totally dominated on that side of the ball. It's a luxury when 17 points is enough.

                        Denver and San Francisco are two teams looking to win with great defense and serviceable quarterbacks. It usually bites a team as the season progresses, but both guys are playing way better than Dilfer did for that anomaly of a Ravens team. Orton is edging towards being a pretty good quarterback and he has a nice set of running backs, too.

                        Yes, Nolan is the DC and there are already concerns that someone will come headhunting him for a HC position again. I doubt it with the disaster on the west coast, but you never know. Nolan, Dawkins, and McDaniels have all done incredible things turning this team around, and for any Andra Davis fans still out there, he has been a valuable, exciting addition to the team, at the moment I think he is the most versatile LB we have.

                        ? 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • B broncoinskinland

                          @shepwrite said:

                          Is Mike Nolan the DC in Denver? If so, watch for that to become the story there. They've totally dominated on that side of the ball. It's a luxury when 17 points is enough.

                          Denver and San Francisco are two teams looking to win with great defense and serviceable quarterbacks. It usually bites a team as the season progresses, but both guys are playing way better than Dilfer did for that anomaly of a Ravens team. Orton is edging towards being a pretty good quarterback and he has a nice set of running backs, too.

                          Yes, Nolan is the DC and there are already concerns that someone will come headhunting him for a HC position again. I doubt it with the disaster on the west coast, but you never know. Nolan, Dawkins, and McDaniels have all done incredible things turning this team around, and for any Andra Davis fans still out there, he has been a valuable, exciting addition to the team, at the moment I think he is the most versatile LB we have.

                          Masters ?
                          • Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @broncoinskinland said:

                          Yes, Nolan is the DC and there are already concerns that someone will come headhunting him for a HC position again. I doubt it with the disaster on the west coast, but you never know. Nolan, Dawkins, and McDaniels have all done incredible things turning this team around, and for any Andra Davis fans still out there, he has been a valuable, exciting addition to the team, at the moment I think he is the most versatile LB we have.

                          Don't say such things about Andra Davis around here. He's the worst LB in the league and wouldn't start on any other NFL team. Or so I have been told.

                          B 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ? Guest

                            @broncoinskinland said:

                            Yes, Nolan is the DC and there are already concerns that someone will come headhunting him for a HC position again. I doubt it with the disaster on the west coast, but you never know. Nolan, Dawkins, and McDaniels have all done incredible things turning this team around, and for any Andra Davis fans still out there, he has been a valuable, exciting addition to the team, at the moment I think he is the most versatile LB we have.

                            Don't say such things about Andra Davis around here. He's the worst LB in the league and wouldn't start on any other NFL team. Or so I have been told.

                            broncoinskinland B
                            • 74 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Masters said:

                            Don't say such things about Andra Davis around here. He's the worst LB in the league and wouldn't start on any other NFL team. Or so I have been told.

                            The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                            ? T 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • B broncoinskinland

                              Masters said:

                              Don't say such things about Andra Davis around here. He's the worst LB in the league and wouldn't start on any other NFL team. Or so I have been told.

                              The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                              Masters ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @broncoinskinland said:

                              The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                              I am happy to see Davis doing well. Always liked the guy and think he was under appreciated. He's not Ray Lewis, but who is besides, well, Ray Lewis.

                              B 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ? Guest

                                @broncoinskinland said:

                                The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                                I am happy to see Davis doing well. Always liked the guy and think he was under appreciated. He's not Ray Lewis, but who is besides, well, Ray Lewis.

                                broncoinskinland B
                                • 74 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Masters said:

                                I am happy to see Davis doing well. Always liked the guy and think he was under appreciated. He's not Ray Lewis, but who is besides, well, Ray Lewis.

                                True on Ray the knife, there is a player I just can't get behind on a philosophical level, but you can't deny his greatness. Reminds me of Pete Rose, he was a childhood hero of mine, and I was demolished when the betting scandal came out. I still don't like him as a result, but for the love of God give the man his props and put him in the hall of fame. Anyways on to the Davis report...

                                If you haven't managed to watch many of our games Andra is completely reversing what I thought about him. for the past few seasons I had viewed him as a run stopper, nothing more, and a fairly ineffective one at that. In his games at Denver, he has stepped up his level of play to be one of the core veteran leaders, and most importantly the primary one around the line. He has excelled in run protection, and not merely gap assignments, but pursuit to the edge and containment. He is adequate in pass protection, which is not as necessary given our DB's, but still impressive to me as I had not considered that to be a strength of his. Additionally he is putting pressure on opposing QB's. He has one sack thus far, but many more instances where he forces QB's to hurry, throwing it away, making bad decisions, or pushing them into one of the other rushers. He is currently our #2 tackler behind DJ Williams. He is a very welcome addition to our system, and is having a distinct impact. By the end of the season I expect Champ, Goodman, or Dawkins to credit him with an interception or two in a presser, due to the pass rush he is helping generate. In particular he had a very good game against Cincinatti, and put his hands on Carson at least four times that I remember.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ? Guest

                                  @shepwrite said:

                                  The Mike Nolan bandwagon is now open:

                                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-to-the-a-list/

                                  I think he is one of those guys, like Wade Philips, who is a great D coordinator but not cut out to be a HC.

                                  I think people should start to realize that Orton actually is a pretty decent QB.

                                  Alo A
                                  • 497 Posts
                                  • 6 Reputation
                                  A Alo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Masters said:

                                  I think he is one of those guys, like Wade Philips, who is a great D coordinator but not cut out to be a HC.

                                  My favorite example of Nolan's ineptitude as a HC:

                                  A reporter asked Nolan about wide receiver Josh Morgan's staph infection that caused the rookie to lose 15 pounds. Nolan said that was just internet speculation. Then he asked the reporter where he got that information.

                                  "Josh Morgan" was the response.

                                  via here.

                                  Nolan's had some anger issues in the past: he infamously blew up at his offensive counterpart when he was DC in Baltimore because he felt the offense was getting into too many three & outs. And the anecdote above is representative of the troubles he had handling the top job, particularly communicating with the entire team.

                                  He could use some time to reflect on his mistakes and work on his communications skills before taking another head coaching job. With so many big name HC's on the market, he probably wouldn't get offered one of the plum jobs anyway.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • B broncoinskinland

                                    Masters said:

                                    Don't say such things about Andra Davis around here. He's the worst LB in the league and wouldn't start on any other NFL team. Or so I have been told.

                                    The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                                    Tobalaz T
                                    • 543 Posts
                                    • 4 Reputation
                                    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @broncoinskinland said:

                                    The killer part there is I kinda shared the same view and said so on my board. I ate my crow on that one last week. Andra is having a career resurgence with us, I am sorry for you guys he didn't do better while he was here.

                                    Maybe that half assed NE doormat defensive scheme is holding our guys back.

                                    Let them come to you, let them come to you, let them come to you, let them come to you....

                                    You see how much better the D played when it played to win and not to lose?

                                    3 seasons until our new head coach, let's hope they get it right this time.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate