Please Calm Down
-
Well said.
I'd add that no matter what the positives were yesterday, this team is still 0-4, which is the worst start since 1999.
Masters said:
Well said.I'd add that no matter what the positives were yesterday, this team is still 0-4, which is the worst start since 1999.
done
-
I think most fans are just a little excited to have something to dissect and discuss.
In the first three weeks, the rightside of our O-line was a revolving door, we had no-where close to a 100-yrd RB, the rookie WR's and lack of using them was what most fans were vicious about. Our defense couldn't get off the field, our coaching was uninspiring ....
To clean-up all those areas in a single game after making some unpopular but needed changes ... is as close to a win as we've had around here in 10+ months.
I think you can realize that though. I don't think anyone really needs grounded from being too high. Speaking from my own perspective, I am excited to have some pieces of the puzzle worth discussing this week.
I'm sure you are too.
-
I think most fans are just a little excited to have something to dissect and discuss.
In the first three weeks, the rightside of our O-line was a revolving door, we had no-where close to a 100-yrd RB, the rookie WR's and lack of using them was what most fans were vicious about. Our defense couldn't get off the field, our coaching was uninspiring ....
To clean-up all those areas in a single game after making some unpopular but needed changes ... is as close to a win as we've had around here in 10+ months.
I think you can realize that though. I don't think anyone really needs grounded from being too high. Speaking from my own perspective, I am excited to have some pieces of the puzzle worth discussing this week.
I'm sure you are too.
I think most fans are just a little excited to have something to dissect and discuss.
In the first three weeks, the rightside of our O-line was a revolving door, we had no-where close to a 100-yrd RB, the rookie WR's and lack of using them was what most fans were vicious about. Our defense couldn't get off the field, our coaching was uninspiring ....
To clean-up all those areas in a single game after making some unpopular but needed changes ... is as close to a win as we've had around here in 10+ months.
I think you can realize that though. I don't think anyone really needs grounded from being too high. Speaking from my own perspective, I am excited to have some pieces of the puzzle worth discussing this week.
I'm sure you are too.
Thank god!!! The reasonable one has returned! Whew. You were scaring me for a while bro!
-
I think most fans are just a little excited to have something to dissect and discuss.
In the first three weeks, the rightside of our O-line was a revolving door, we had no-where close to a 100-yrd RB, the rookie WR's and lack of using them was what most fans were vicious about. Our defense couldn't get off the field, our coaching was uninspiring ....
To clean-up all those areas in a single game after making some unpopular but needed changes ... is as close to a win as we've had around here in 10+ months.
I think you can realize that though. I don't think anyone really needs grounded from being too high. Speaking from my own perspective, I am excited to have some pieces of the puzzle worth discussing this week.
I'm sure you are too.
I think most fans are just a little excited to have something to dissect and discuss.
In the first three weeks, the rightside of our O-line was a revolving door, we had no-where close to a 100-yrd RB, the rookie WR's and lack of using them was what most fans were vicious about. Our defense couldn't get off the field, our coaching was uninspiring ....
To clean-up all those areas in a single game after making some unpopular but needed changes ... is as close to a win as we've had around here in 10+ months.
I think you can realize that though. I don't think anyone really needs grounded from being too high. Speaking from my own perspective, I am excited to have some pieces of the puzzle worth discussing this week.
I'm sure you are too.
agreed.
-
Yes we lost... We also had over 400 yards of offense. Our defense made them punt it 9 times. That is leaps and bounds over the first three weeks, and it is something to celebrate, IMO.
That being said, we punted it 9 times, had two huge turnovers. Our defense looked porous in the fourth and the end of OT when it counted most. I'm happier with DA at the helm than with Quinn. We are a thousand times more competitive with him under center.
Also. Rob Ryan looks like the Dude.
-
Well said.
I'd add that no matter what the positives were yesterday, this team is still 0-4, which is the worst start since 1999.
Masters said:
Well said.I'd add that no matter what the positives were yesterday, this team is still 0-4, which is the worst start since 1999.
9-7 or bust. Come on Mangini. Lets see wins; the NFL doesn't award points for 'effort'. I don't think we have 9 shitty teams left on our schedule, which means we're going to have to get wins against quality opponents.
(PS: Did Pittsburgh look back to form last night; how stupid do the Chargers look for dumping Schottenheimer to go with Norv friggin' Turner).
-
So everyone seems to be content with a pretty impressive effort in our loss?
Good for you.
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Josh Cribbs was the difference between a blowout and OT. Big Baby was clutch, hope he can carry that momentum into Buff.
-
So everyone seems to be content with a pretty impressive effort in our loss?
Good for you.
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Josh Cribbs was the difference between a blowout and OT. Big Baby was clutch, hope he can carry that momentum into Buff.
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
-
So everyone seems to be content with a pretty impressive effort in our loss?
Good for you.
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Josh Cribbs was the difference between a blowout and OT. Big Baby was clutch, hope he can carry that momentum into Buff.
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
I give it until about 4:00 next Sunday
-
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
IMO, if a loss to Cincy yesterday is a small step forward, a loss next week to Buffalo would be a step backwards. A drunk stumble into a pool backwards.
Yes, this team was in a sorry state after the first three games. It's actually the same sorry state they were in BEFORE the first three games, they just didn't realize it.
Mangini has pushed a few buttons and the result seems to be an improvement. He needs to push a few more and aim for decent, hell with improved. Yesterday' (moral) win loss doesn't mean a thing if we follow it up with a loss against Buffalo!
-
I agree it doesn't accomplish anything to dwell on the negatives, but.....
How long will your patience last with 'impressive efforts'?
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
Not to get too far ahead with the schedule, but how many more losses are you willing to suffer through before you look to see another QB change?
If its a money issue, do you put Quinn back in after its assured he wont reach the escalator in his contract?
-
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
Not to get too far ahead with the schedule, but how many more losses are you willing to suffer through before you look to see another QB change?
If its a money issue, do you put Quinn back in after its assured he wont reach the escalator in his contract?
Not to get too far ahead with the schedule, but how many more losses are you willing to suffer through before you look to see another QB change?
If its a money issue, do you put Quinn back in after its assured he wont reach the escalator in his contract?
I don't see another QB change. I honestly believe that DA is far superior to anyone we have on the depth chart. It's DA's season unless injury forces him out.
I'm thinking that the players feel this way too and why we seen better effort accross the board yesterday.
Forget about Quinn ... he's done. We were all looking at going 0-16 with Quinn in there, so any Win (even phantom ones like yesterday) are more than we'd get with the back-up in.
-
Looking at our schedule, yesterday was a 'must win' that we failed to accomplish. I'll give you that, but the sorry-ass state this team was in after the first three weeks, yesterday was a positive step even though we lost.
We need to knock off a couple of opponents that we aren't supposed to. I'd like to see them come over the next four weeks as we head into the Bye. @Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, Green Bay and @Chicago ... we probably aren't 'supposed' to win any of those, but I'm expecting us to stand toe-to-toe and compete in all of them.
No more sissy token wins like yesterday, I agree.
IMO, if a loss to Cincy yesterday is a small step forward, a loss next week to Buffalo would be a step backwards. A drunk stumble into a pool backwards.
Yes, this team was in a sorry state after the first three games. It's actually the same sorry state they were in BEFORE the first three games, they just didn't realize it.
Mangini has pushed a few buttons and the result seems to be an improvement. He needs to push a few more and aim for decent, hell with improved. Yesterday' (moral) win loss doesn't mean a thing if we follow it up with a loss against Buffalo!
-
@jadbf said:
I'm sorry, as much as DA is what I thought he was and will always be. I can't see how you can see the difference in this team this week and not attribute at least SOME of it to his paly at QB.I'm still convinced we'll need a new QB for next year, DA would have to miraculously turn into something and win 7-8 of the last 12 for me to give him another chance.
But to even state at all that after this week, you have any reason to believe he will be benched in the future is just kidding yourself.
If DA plays game's like he did against Cinic on Sunday, he should start every game the rest of the year. Now if he (and yes I think this is possible) plays multiple 23 QBR rated games with multiple INTs in each game. Then you might have a discussion.
But all that will mean is that this team is not getting the chance to develop that it needs.
I fully agree with you JADBF.
I am just amused the a pretty loss is acceptable in a winable game, but what is ultimately an ugly loss in winable games was not. The team is still 0-4 and is off to its worst start since the expansion season.
-
Not to get too far ahead with the schedule, but how many more losses are you willing to suffer through before you look to see another QB change?
If its a money issue, do you put Quinn back in after its assured he wont reach the escalator in his contract?
I don't see another QB change. I honestly believe that DA is far superior to anyone we have on the depth chart. It's DA's season unless injury forces him out.
I'm thinking that the players feel this way too and why we seen better effort accross the board yesterday.
Forget about Quinn ... he's done. We were all looking at going 0-16 with Quinn in there, so any Win (even phantom ones like yesterday) are more than we'd get with the back-up in.
I don't see another QB change. I honestly believe that DA is far superior to anyone we have on the depth chart. It's DA's season unless injury forces him out.
I'm thinking that the players feel this way too and why we seen better effort accross the board yesterday.
Forget about Quinn ... he's done. We were all looking at going 0-16 with Quinn in there, so any Win (even phantom ones like yesterday) are more than we'd get with the back-up in.
Are you idicating that a QB should be drafted next year? Not everyone was thinking 0-16 either.
Would DA's play be enough for you until the teams other needs are addressed?
Denvers and Cinci were 2 penciled wins gone south, yesterdays offense and playcalling was definately tailored for DA.
Are defense blitzed alot more also, making Adams look like the right call.
-
I thought it was a good overall effort, but as stated previous, we are still an 0-4 team.
Don't enjoy dwelling on the negative, but after a 50 yard return from Cribbs to put us in the win column, DA HAS TO FINISH. Weak follow up to a great momentum builder. For now, DA keeps the spot and hopefully his play keeps growing, but decent teams take advantage of opportunity, not simply be glad they had an opportunity.
On the positive, DA, even after interception and some weak plays, keeps his cool and seems to handle the pressure well. Cudos to him for staying mentally in the game.
The defense played an awesome game .. until the end. But still, very encouraging.
What I gathered is, this is a team - for the first time - looks to have potential, but we need a team leader/player QB. Someone who can close and use opportunity to the fullest. RB's, receivers, O line all did their job yesterday for the most part. Defense did their job.
Agreed that the punt vs. FG attempt was a mistake at end. That kid has a hell of a foot and who knows.
Massaquoi - GREAT GAME. Been waiting for this kid to get his chance. Hope he lights a fire under Braylon. Massaqoui should have been given this chance against Minnesota and Denver. He was a great player at Georgia, as Moreno (playing for Denver) was, and was long overdue his opprotunity.
-
I thought it was a good overall effort, but as stated previous, we are still an 0-4 team.
Don't enjoy dwelling on the negative, but after a 50 yard return from Cribbs to put us in the win column, DA HAS TO FINISH. Weak follow up to a great momentum builder. For now, DA keeps the spot and hopefully his play keeps growing, but decent teams take advantage of opportunity, not simply be glad they had an opportunity.
On the positive, DA, even after interception and some weak plays, keeps his cool and seems to handle the pressure well. Cudos to him for staying mentally in the game.
The defense played an awesome game .. until the end. But still, very encouraging.
What I gathered is, this is a team - for the first time - looks to have potential, but we need a team leader/player QB. Someone who can close and use opportunity to the fullest. RB's, receivers, O line all did their job yesterday for the most part. Defense did their job.
Agreed that the punt vs. FG attempt was a mistake at end. That kid has a hell of a foot and who knows.
Massaquoi - GREAT GAME. Been waiting for this kid to get his chance. Hope he lights a fire under Braylon. Massaqoui should have been given this chance against Minnesota and Denver. He was a great player at Georgia, as Moreno (playing for Denver) was, and was long overdue his opprotunity.
I thought it was a good overall effort, but as stated previous, we are still an 0-4 team.
Don't enjoy dwelling on the negative, but after a 50 yard return from Cribbs to put us in the win column, DA HAS TO FINISH. Weak follow up to a great momentum builder. For now, DA keeps the spot and hopefully his play keeps growing, but decent teams take advantage of opportunity, not simply be glad they had an opportunity.
Huh?
Key Cribbs returns and the results:
39-yrd return ... lead to a MoMass Td that was called down at the one, followed by a TD pass to Heiden.
58-yrd return ... lead to Harrison's fumble-6
10-yrd return ... TD run by DA, capping a 10-play 77-yrd drive.
50-yrd return ... set up a field goal.
Please re-post and explain the highlighted area in red above.
-
If you want to blame missed opportunities, lump the Cribbs 50-yarder that set us up at the 14, with the fumbled punt by the Benagls that set us up at 18 ... combining both situations we ran 6 offensive plays, 4 runs to Harrison, one completed pass on first down to Heiden for 7, and a sack.
3rd-n-16 and we ran Harrison up the middle.
All Anderson here fella's?
After the fumble recovery; DA hit Heiden for 7 on first down, setting up 2nd-3 from 11, Harrison gets stopped for 2, then no gain on 3rd-n-1 .... Anderson?
After Cribbs return, we run the ball for 2-yrds, then they bring the house for a sack. on 3rd-n-16, do we take a shot at the end zone? no ... we play it safe and run Harrison up the middle.
BLAME STANDINGS:
1.) O-line
2.) Play Calling
3.) Harrison
4.) DA
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login