Skip to content

Cower09.com

The Browns Board
20 11 1.5k
  • \ said:

    I posted this in another thread and I'll post it again here.

    While Cowher the coach I would definitely go for.

    Cowher in full control I would not be in favor of.

    Remember this is the guy who had Kordell Stewart as his starting QB for a few years. Cowher didn't start winning Superbowls till they hired the GM to work with him.

    Actually Cowher had a GM then too. He had Donahoe as the GM then. Cowher won the power struggle with him in 1999. He and Colbert worked closely in shaping the last SB team and current team.

  • Is it just me or do these pittsburg guys seem vehemently opposed to the Browns getting Cower?

  • S-rew them...who really cares; to be frank, why in the H-ll would they be here when we are in the tank and they are doing so well? An odd fixation

  • We would be in agreement JADBF.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    We would be in agreement JADBF.

    You can call me Golf like riff does BTW if it's easier icon_e_biggrin.gif

    Eh, I am starting to get used to this one now. It is pretty quick and easy to type out.

  • What about Rex Ryan? Defensive Guru...and he has done it with multiple head coaches. I am sick of having to watch our shitty defense give up seventy gajillion points in the fourth quarter.

  • Will Cowher be able to bring that linebacker cloning machine they have in Pitt with him? Might be worth a shot if so...

  • ryan's interesting to me, too, but i wonder how he can handle the transition from coordinator to head coach. it seems their responsibilities are so different that the positions are, in today's NFL, barely related.

    either way, you can't have the coach be the GM. it doesn't work. holmgren's the best example, i think. you can get to the playoffs that way, but that's your ceiling. butch davis, anyone?

  • \ said:

    Cowher can write his own ticket why would he, or any proven coach, go to a place like Cleveland or Oakland.

    He would get the same, or very similar, money in any one of several NFL cities where the organization is not dysfunctional, the city is not a shithole, and the team history is not embarrassing.

    Again, why would he come here?

    Cowchip spent 15 years in that confluence ashpit that makes Bangladesh look like the French Riviera. C-Town would seem like heaven after toiling in the bowels of hell for a decade and a half.

    Doug

  • \ said:

    If Rivera "fixes" San Diego's defense again, he becomes the top coaching candidate the day the season ends. Not for just the Browns, but everybody. For what it's worth, there are whispers that he isn't a head coach "type," meaning he's organized and hardworking, but not necessarily the sharpest hoe in the shed.

    Sounds like someone we know.

  • The Day Cowher works for Sewage is the day Kellen Winslow II becomes a playmaker.

    Give the Cowher shit a rest already. He must be tired of buying houses and eating in restaurants in Ohio by now.

  • \ said:

    The Day Cowher works for Sewage is the day Kellen Winslow II becomes a playmaker.

    Give the Cowher shit a rest already. He must be tired of buying houses and eating in restaurants in Ohio by now.

    Im am pretty sure that KW2 was play maker in the Denver game, I know I got a ton of points for a TE in my fantasy league. Maybe I should give those points back because he didnt do anything?

    I for one, am very happy to see how upset he was that he missed that catch at the end. Shows he gives a damn, more then I can say for quite a few on this damn team. Crennel and BE to name a couple.

  • \ said:

    The Day Cowher works for Sewage is the day Kellen Winslow II becomes a playmaker.

    Give the Cowher shit a rest already. He must be tired of buying houses and eating in restaurants in Ohio by now.

    The same KW II that had two TDs on Thursday right? The one busting off a 30 yarder w/ most coming as YAC and a stiff arm.

    Save the come back about his fumble and drop on 4th. Because that would be like ragging on TO. He has done the same crap. Pick a target that deserves it Ghools. Pick a defender for CLE to pull that stuff on.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    The Day Cowher works for Sewage is the day Kellen Winslow II becomes a playmaker.

    Give the Cowher shit a rest already. He must be tired of buying houses and eating in restaurants in Ohio by now.

    Im am pretty sure that KW2 was play maker in the Denver game, I know I got a ton of points for a TE in my fantasy league. Maybe I should give those points back because he didnt do anything?

    I for one, am very happy to see how upset he was that he missed that catch at the end. Shows he gives a damn, more then I can say for quite a few on this damn team. Crennel and BE to name a couple.

    Not to mention how visibly upset he was w/ himself after the fumble. That dude cares and leaves it on the field every time he plays.

  • \ said:

    Not to mention how visibly upset he was w/ himself after the fumble. That dude cares and leaves it on the field every time he plays.

    Agree. Winslow played his heart out. He'll be fine.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Not to mention how visibly upset he was w/ himself after the fumble. That dude cares and leaves it on the field every time he plays.

    Agree. Winslow played his heart out. He'll be fine.

    Especially if Brady can keep settling him down, like Winslow said he was doing on Thursday.