Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 2010 Mocks

2010 Mocks

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
64 Posts 28 Posters 4.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • shepwrite S
    • 814 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #1
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php
    OconReconO W B 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BrownIndian BrownIndianB
      • 2k Posts
      • 39 Reputation
      BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
      #2

      "With Sam Bradford injured and Jevan Snead playing horribly, Jimmy Clausen has emerged as a No. 1 overall option in the 2010 NFL Draft. His play this year has been off the charts. How do you complete 65.8 percent of your passes and throw only one pick while maintaining a 9.6 YPA? That's unreal.

      And besides, Charlie Weis and Eric Mangini worked together, and Weis recruited Clausen. He'll obviously attempt to talk Mangini into drafting his guy with the top selection."

      🙄

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • bonedawg B
        • 847 Posts
        • 26 Reputation
        B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        F'ck. That. Shit.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DawgTracker D
          • 774 Posts
          • 1 Reputation
          D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by DawgTracker
          #4

          According to that mack there are literally a ton of great defensive linemen this year and some of them might be outside linebacker types. It would be nice for one of the QBs to show he is the guy so we can draft BPA

          If we dropped down I wouldn't mind Jermaine Gresham TE either.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Alo A
            • 497 Posts
            • 6 Reputation
            A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
            #5

            Pool was great on Sunday, but he's got to play well consistently to earn a starting job in 2010.

            Brent "SOBO" Sobleski just put out his mock draft. Here are the Browns' picks:

            Round 1: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma Analysis: The Browns have finished 27th or worse in total defense every year since 2006. They have been the worst team statistically on this side of the ball all throughout last season and into this season. This unit desperately needs playmakers on that side of the ball, and McCoy is an elite disruptive force. He is arguably the best overall player in this entire draft class.

            Round 2: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

            Round 3: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama

            Round 4: Willie Young, DE-OLB, NC State

            McCoy's clearly athletic enough to play end in a 3-4, but I'm concerned that his skills would be wasted in a two gap defense. In a 4-3, he's Warren Sapp's younger brother.

            I think Sobo's got Colt's stock appraised pretty well. But I'm not sure I'd want him at #34. Might consider trading up for Pike instead.

            I'd much rather have Jon Asamoah (OG, Illinois) than Mike Johnson in the 3rd round. For some reason, Sobo doesn't even have Asamoah going in the top 100 picks. No way a solid OG with size (6'5", 315 lbs.), good athleticism, and great character (has the highest grades on the team) makes it out of the third frame. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in Round 2.

            Young's one of Tony Pauline's Draft Risers, but I'm not sure he's a good fit for playing 3-4 OLB - he's leggy and a little stiff in the hips, kind of like Shawn Crable. Need to see more of him, but I'm a skeptic right now.

            LumberghL 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • .mz .
              • 120 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              . .mz wrote on last edited by
              #6

              If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

              Kosar_For_PresidentK LumberghL D I G 5 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • . .mz

                If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                • 6k Posts
                • 221 Reputation
                Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @.mz said:

                If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                We've heard that before. jk

                Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • . .mz

                  If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                  Lumbergh LumberghL
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 2 Reputation
                  LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @.mz said:

                  If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                  I agree Clausen has never shown the NFL skills of a Pike or even Bradford. And the thought of taking the next Hype Machine QB out of Notre Dame seems outrageous after the last guy showed he flat out didn't have the skills once he left the comforts of South Bend.

                  But now it is time for shep and BQ Nation to redirect the attention paid to this season and focus on ridding themselves of BQ Enemy #1, the man who killed their BQ dreams, Derek Anderson. Hence I expect shep to pound on shit like this for a while.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • bonedawg B
                    • 847 Posts
                    • 26 Reputation
                    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Alo

                    If you think Colt McCoy will be around in the 2nd round you are delusional.

                    A 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • BrownB499 BrownB499B
                      • 571 Posts
                      • 32 Reputation
                      BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Saw the big TE from Oklahoma on the sidelines Sat. on crutches

                      Any body have the scoop on the injury ?Season ending ?Career ending ?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • A Alo

                        Pool was great on Sunday, but he's got to play well consistently to earn a starting job in 2010.

                        Brent "SOBO" Sobleski just put out his mock draft. Here are the Browns' picks:

                        Round 1: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma Analysis: The Browns have finished 27th or worse in total defense every year since 2006. They have been the worst team statistically on this side of the ball all throughout last season and into this season. This unit desperately needs playmakers on that side of the ball, and McCoy is an elite disruptive force. He is arguably the best overall player in this entire draft class.

                        Round 2: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

                        Round 3: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama

                        Round 4: Willie Young, DE-OLB, NC State

                        McCoy's clearly athletic enough to play end in a 3-4, but I'm concerned that his skills would be wasted in a two gap defense. In a 4-3, he's Warren Sapp's younger brother.

                        I think Sobo's got Colt's stock appraised pretty well. But I'm not sure I'd want him at #34. Might consider trading up for Pike instead.

                        I'd much rather have Jon Asamoah (OG, Illinois) than Mike Johnson in the 3rd round. For some reason, Sobo doesn't even have Asamoah going in the top 100 picks. No way a solid OG with size (6'5", 315 lbs.), good athleticism, and great character (has the highest grades on the team) makes it out of the third frame. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in Round 2.

                        Young's one of Tony Pauline's Draft Risers, but I'm not sure he's a good fit for playing 3-4 OLB - he's leggy and a little stiff in the hips, kind of like Shawn Crable. Need to see more of him, but I'm a skeptic right now.

                        Lumbergh LumberghL
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 2 Reputation
                        LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @alo said:

                        Round 2: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

                        that's a little high to be taking Anderson's backup.

                        besides I think Ratliff will end up the #2 so SOBO may be all wet here. (he's just got a little case of the heartbreaks as well since he was a Quinn pimp)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • . .mz

                          If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                          DawgTracker D
                          • 774 Posts
                          • 1 Reputation
                          D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @.mz said:

                          If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                          LOL, good luck with that

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • karmadawg K
                            • 6 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            K karmadawg wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            What's the point of doing a mock draft this early?

                            LumberghL 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Silverback S
                              • 164 Posts
                              • 1 Reputation
                              S Silverback wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              NFL Draft Guru is mocking the Browns like this:

                              GURU Browns Mock

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • K karmadawg

                                What's the point of doing a mock draft this early?

                                Lumbergh LumberghL
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 2 Reputation
                                LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @karmadawg said:

                                What's the point of doing a mock draft this early?

                                HEALING.

                                It is a natural reaction to the loss of the Quinn dream.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Solon16 S
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  AS long as it's a franchise QB....I'll take it!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • PlaygroundLegend PlaygroundLegendP
                                    • 927 Posts
                                    • 4 Reputation
                                    PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I will say this once (maybe more if needed)

                                    Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye

                                    Their Playing Styles Are Identical

                                    Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker

                                    He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL

                                    B 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • B bonedawg

                                      @Alo

                                      If you think Colt McCoy will be around in the 2nd round you are delusional.

                                      Alo A
                                      • 497 Posts
                                      • 6 Reputation
                                      A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
                                      #18

                                      @bonedawg said:

                                      @Alo

                                      If you think Colt McCoy will be around in the 2nd round you are delusional.

                                      Sobo's got him as an early 2nd round pick; Scott Wright has him going to the Vikings at #29; Walter has him going to the Broncos at #19 but says he shouldn't be a 1st round pick.

                                      If I'm delusional, it must be contagious, 'cuz a lot of people seem to have caught it.

                                      I'm trying to keep an open mind on McCoy. But like a lot of people, I have concerns about his arm strength and size (he fumbled five times last year). His decision-making has also been suspect this year, resulting in five picks through four games, including two in his only non-cupcake matchup.

                                      Ultimately, McCoy's stock will rise or fall based on how he looks at the Senior Bowl. And it'll be a very exciting week, given the deep crop of borderline starting QB's: Pike, McCoy, Tebow, even Jarrett Brown and Dan Lefevour.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • . .mz

                                        If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                                        Irishsoup I
                                        • 14 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        I Irishsoup wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @.mz said:

                                        If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

                                        Seriously, I would rather have Jamarcus Russel than Claussen.

                                        B 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Browns B
                                          • 438 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          B Browns wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Colt mccoy..How did he drop to the 2nd round?

                                          A 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate