Is Harrison our new starter?
-
Harrison was "ok", but he isn't a feature back. That is what people were hoping Davis would develope into though he ran into some bad luck.
It is by committee right now.
-
I hope Lewis is back. We NEED a stronger back to share time with Harrison. I like him, but J. Lew is a huge part of us being able to run this year.
-
-
And Vickers is stronger than both. Harrison, Vickers, and Cribbs is the only 3 we should let run the ball.
Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.
I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.
-
Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.
-
Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.
Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.
Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.
Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?
-
Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.
Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.
Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?
Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.
Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?
I call total bullshit.
Lewis is guaranteed to do virtually nothing against Pitt or Balt. There will be no holes and he'll simply disappear into the middle of the line tippy toeing away. Not a rocket science. Harrison gives the ability to turn nothing into something by making cuts and using speed. Also, this is turned into perceived fact that Harrison can't run hard on the inside. Do you guys watch the games? Harrison moved the pile a few times, and being there with club seats I could really tell the difference.
He stays low, chops his powerful legs and hits holes before they close. I never cease to be amazed by folks assuming shorter backs can't kick ass in the NFL because it has been done for fooking years. Shall we start listing them? Let's start with a guy by the name of Greg Pruitt.
Now whether he can stay healthy all year is another thing entirely, but we won't find out until he gets a chance. Spell him with Jennings, they like him too.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
I may be a 'tard for asking this but, is Jerome related to James Harrison? I googled both players but I didn't find anything about them being related
Anybody else see the similarities?
No, they are not related. James Harrison is a Roid Monkey born on the Planet Pittspuke.
At least he is not living in the Akron area anymore, we have much less trafficking in juice now.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
I may be a 'tard for asking this but, is Jerome related to James Harrison? I googled both players but I didn't find anything about them being related
Anybody else see the similarities?
No, they are not related. James Harrison is a Roid Monkey born on the Planet Pittspuke.
At least he is not living in the Akron area anymore, we have much less trafficking in juice now.
-
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
-
And Vickers is stronger than both. Harrison, Vickers, and Cribbs is the only 3 we should let run the ball.
Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.
I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.
Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.
I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.
Naaa.... Vickers has hands and runs well. Let him crack a few helmets.
He went to the ProBowl the same year superhero went, if that means anything.
-
Harrison should have been our starter at the id-point last year
-
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
He did it in college without any problems so we will see.
Good backs get stronger and more in tuned too. Nothing wrong with splitting carries, he just should get the bulk of them.
-
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan.

-
Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.
I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.
Naaa.... Vickers has hands and runs well. Let him crack a few helmets.
He went to the ProBowl the same year superhero went, if that means anything.
Naaa.... Vickers has hands and runs well. Let him crack a few helmets.
He went to the ProBowl the same year superhero went, if that means anything.
Vickers should be utilized more he's a good player with a a ton of athletic ability.
-
Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.
Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.
Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan.

Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan.

I didn't question the guys skill, he freaking stepped-up when he got his opportunity. I'm cautioning his ability to take an NFL beating for 13 straight games as the featured back. I hope he gets spelled some by a productive Lewis in a few weeks, so he's fresh and learns to finish a season strong.
-
Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.
Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.
Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?
Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall.
You make it sound like he's easy to hit.
-
I hope so, he will shread up buffalo
-
Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan.

I didn't question the guys skill, he freaking stepped-up when he got his opportunity. I'm cautioning his ability to take an NFL beating for 13 straight games as the featured back. I hope he gets spelled some by a productive Lewis in a few weeks, so he's fresh and learns to finish a season strong.
I didn't question the guys skill, he freaking stepped-up when he got his opportunity. I'm cautioning his ability to take an NFL beating for 13 straight games as the featured back. I hope he gets spelled some by a productive Lewis in a few weeks, so he's fresh and learns to finish a season strong.
Yeah, and I was just breaking your balls. I think he can (has) shake the rust of sitting for RAC for 3 years and be the guy for a couple of years.
He's a good back and could definitely be spelled by Davis/Lewis (when healthy) and even Vickers.
-
Harrison sucks he may have rushed for over 100 yards.But he Struggled big time.J Lewis isn't much better.Bottom line we need Cribbs at HB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login