Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Um ...what?

Um ...what?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
19 Posts 7 Posters 932 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • heckofajobbrownie H
    • 6k Posts
    • 47 Reputation
    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Does someone want to explain to me why my post about the NBI survey was deleted? Was is not sufficiently deranged? Was it that it came from Reuters and not World Net Daily via Drudge?

    How does this work now?

    C 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • H heckofajobbrownie

      Does someone want to explain to me why my post about the NBI survey was deleted? Was is not sufficiently deranged? Was it that it came from Reuters and not World Net Daily via Drudge?

      How does this work now?

      Chicopee John C
      • 2k Posts
      • 104 Reputation
      C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @heckofajobbrownie said:

      Does someone want to explain to me why my post about the NBI survey was deleted? Was is not sufficiently deranged? Was it that it came from Reuters and not World Net Daily via Drudge?

      How does this work now?

      I had to delete it, Heck, not because of your (or Kosar's) content but because a few sophmoric idiots decided to muck up the board and thread today.

      It became a Mexican standoff (sorry, LOL) and it finally got to the point that I simply took the entire thing down, rather than play cat and mouse games and have to delete individual posts every 15 minutes.

      If you remember, I happened to agree that this outcome was good for the country. Remember?? 🙂

      "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • heckofajobbrownie H
        • 6k Posts
        • 47 Reputation
        H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

        But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

        Why not just leave it all up?

        C Kosar_For_PresidentK 3 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • H heckofajobbrownie

          I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

          But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

          Why not just leave it all up?

          Chicopee John C
          • 2k Posts
          • 104 Reputation
          C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @heckofajobbrownie said:

          But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

          Imagine how over the line the stuff I deleted was, Heck. Ask Kosar.

          There was nothing personal about your post.

          "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Whine, whine, whine.

            I never got to see Heck's post and he's blaming T and I

            for whatever...

            sad.

            really sad.

            Letterman handled it 'GREAT' ???

            very foolish to think that.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • H heckofajobbrownie

              I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

              But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

              Why not just leave it all up?

              Chicopee John C
              • 2k Posts
              • 104 Reputation
              C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @heckofajobbrownie said:

              I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

              For the record, I am ONE of the board monitors/moderators.

              "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Again.

                For anyone who cares.

                I consider Chic a good friend.

                But:

                I'm against censoring posts unless something is outrageous.

                And I figure anyone who comes here should have the balls to see whatever is posted.

                I also hope they'd have the brains to just not read anything that upsets them be it Matt Drudge or the NYT.

                I can't imagine Heck posting something outrageous and I for one am usually interested by what he has to say.

                WSS.

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                C 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • W Westside Steve

                  Again.

                  For anyone who cares.

                  I consider Chic a good friend.

                  But:

                  I'm against censoring posts unless something is outrageous.

                  And I figure anyone who comes here should have the balls to see whatever is posted.

                  I also hope they'd have the brains to just not read anything that upsets them be it Matt Drudge or the NYT.

                  I can't imagine Heck posting something outrageous and I for one am usually interested by what he has to say.

                  WSS.

                  Chicopee John C
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 104 Reputation
                  C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @westside-steve said:

                  Again.

                  For anyone who cares.

                  I consider Chic a good friend.

                  But:

                  I'm against censoring posts unless something is outrageous.

                  And I figure anyone who comes here should have the balls to see whatever is posted.

                  I also hope they'd have the brains to just not read anything that upsets them be it Matt Drudge or the NYT.

                  I can't imagine Heck posting something outrageous and I for one am usually interested by what he has to say.

                  WSS.

                  I always respect your decision, Steve. Thanks for chiming in.

                  I received a PM from a fellow poster who called my attention to some folks using fake screen names, using the "N" word, and otherwise spamming the thread - more than one thread.

                  I spent some time in the AM deleting individual posts until it became apparent that he/she/they had copies of their posts and had nothing better to do than paste them back to the board.

                  Before Stan was able to delete these screen names - at my request - I thought it was better for ME and the board if I simply deleted the thread. It probably had about 15 posts - 12 from those people.

                  If Heck really wanted to, he could simply start another thread. His post was all of 25 words or less.

                  Funny how Heck, XXXX and XXX complain about content and ask for other posts to be deleted - in fact both XXXX and XXX left the FOOTBALL Board because they had people who didn't agree with them.

                  For all the back and forth I have with Heck, I consider him to be a valuable asset to this board and give him a lot of credit for working so hard to get his points across.

                  PS You coming out to NE this Fall, now that you are done with PIB????

                  "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                  Legacy FanL A 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                    #9

                    It's also childish to keep harping on posts being posted that Heck doesn't like,

                    and the other couple of individuals didn't like.

                    But, controlling content was what they were about.

                    I haven't been posting very much, but STILL the demonizing continues. LOL

                    Heck is welcome to rewrite his precious little post, and if it has merit, I would

                    add my two cents in fwiw, on a serious note.

                    But the desperately trying to play "gotcha" or "who can I make a demon out of today"

                    - well, he is intelligent enough to know better.

                    Just say what you want to say Heck. If it has non whining merit, some of us

                    will take you seriously, and reply in kind.

                    Meanwhile, I agree with John's action, and he already explained it was not personal, not

                    related to Heck's initial content.

                    (BAN THEM, BAN THEM .."hey, why did John delete my post. That's not fair...." "snivel")

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C Chicopee John

                      @westside-steve said:

                      Again.

                      For anyone who cares.

                      I consider Chic a good friend.

                      But:

                      I'm against censoring posts unless something is outrageous.

                      And I figure anyone who comes here should have the balls to see whatever is posted.

                      I also hope they'd have the brains to just not read anything that upsets them be it Matt Drudge or the NYT.

                      I can't imagine Heck posting something outrageous and I for one am usually interested by what he has to say.

                      WSS.

                      I always respect your decision, Steve. Thanks for chiming in.

                      I received a PM from a fellow poster who called my attention to some folks using fake screen names, using the "N" word, and otherwise spamming the thread - more than one thread.

                      I spent some time in the AM deleting individual posts until it became apparent that he/she/they had copies of their posts and had nothing better to do than paste them back to the board.

                      Before Stan was able to delete these screen names - at my request - I thought it was better for ME and the board if I simply deleted the thread. It probably had about 15 posts - 12 from those people.

                      If Heck really wanted to, he could simply start another thread. His post was all of 25 words or less.

                      Funny how Heck, XXXX and XXX complain about content and ask for other posts to be deleted - in fact both XXXX and XXX left the FOOTBALL Board because they had people who didn't agree with them.

                      For all the back and forth I have with Heck, I consider him to be a valuable asset to this board and give him a lot of credit for working so hard to get his points across.

                      PS You coming out to NE this Fall, now that you are done with PIB????

                      Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 197 Reputation
                      Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @chicopee-john said:

                      I always respect your decision, Steve. Thanks for chiming in.

                      I received a PM from a fellow poster who called my attention to some folks using fake screen names, using the "N" word, and otherwise spamming the thread - more than one thread.

                      I spent some time in the AM deleting individual posts until it became apparent that he/she/they had copies of their posts and had nothing better to do than paste them back to the board.

                      Before Stan was able to delete these screen names - at my request - I thought it was better for ME and the board if I simply deleted the thread. It probably had about 15 posts - 12 from those people.

                      Yes, I didn't get into my inbox until later and saw the same requests. I don't tolerate n-bombs either. I would have done the same as John.

                      Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • H heckofajobbrownie

                        I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

                        But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

                        Why not just leave it all up?

                        Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                        • 6k Posts
                        • 221 Reputation
                        Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
                        #11

                        @heckofajobbrownie said:

                        I didn't know you were the one in charge of deleting posts.

                        But I've got to wonder - if you erase the posts of sophomoric idiots, shouldn't about 60% of this stuff be erased? Why was this stuff any crazier than the stuff T or Cal writes?

                        Why not just leave it all up?

                        Heck he had to. Dude was talking about raping *iggers. Way worse then the shit I put out there, definatly over the line. Dude is gone, repost it man.

                        Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                          #12

                          So who is (or was) this guy?

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • W Westside Steve

                            So who is (or was) this guy?

                            WSS

                            Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 221 Reputation
                            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @westside-steve said:

                            So whi is (or was) this guy?

                            WSS

                            It was the 2 Russians. LOL, it sounds like a James Bond movie.

                            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                            W 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                              @westside-steve said:

                              So whi is (or was) this guy?

                              WSS

                              It was the 2 Russians. LOL, it sounds like a James Bond movie.

                              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @kosar_for_president said:

                              It was the 2 Russians. LOL, it sounds like a James Bond movie.

                              Ah.

                              Those guys seemed like scammers to me anyway.

                              WSS

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • W Westside Steve

                                @kosar_for_president said:

                                It was the 2 Russians. LOL, it sounds like a James Bond movie.

                                Ah.

                                Those guys seemed like scammers to me anyway.

                                WSS

                                Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                • 6k Posts
                                • 221 Reputation
                                Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @westside-steve said:

                                Ah.

                                Those guys seemed like scammers to me anyway.

                                WSS

                                Yea me too, but I was fun thought until they started dropping the n-bomb.

                                Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                W 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  Ah.

                                  Those guys seemed like scammers to me anyway.

                                  WSS

                                  Yea me too, but I was fun thought until they started dropping the n-bomb.

                                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 39k Posts
                                  • 9k Reputation
                                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                  #16

                                  @kosar_for_president said:

                                  Yea me too, but I was fun thought until they started dropping the n-bomb.

                                  I thought the list filtered out a couple words like xxxx and n*****.

                                  [edit]

                                  Guess not.

                                  No?

                                  WSS

                                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                  Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • W Westside Steve

                                    @kosar_for_president said:

                                    Yea me too, but I was fun thought until they started dropping the n-bomb.

                                    I thought the list filtered out a couple words like xxxx and n*****.

                                    [edit]

                                    Guess not.

                                    No?

                                    WSS

                                    Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                    • 6k Posts
                                    • 221 Reputation
                                    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @westside-steve said:

                                    I thought the list filtered out a couple words like xxxx and n*****.

                                    [edit]

                                    Guess not.

                                    No?

                                    WSS

                                    Just xxxx (f'ck). It seems.

                                    Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C Chicopee John

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      Again.

                                      For anyone who cares.

                                      I consider Chic a good friend.

                                      But:

                                      I'm against censoring posts unless something is outrageous.

                                      And I figure anyone who comes here should have the balls to see whatever is posted.

                                      I also hope they'd have the brains to just not read anything that upsets them be it Matt Drudge or the NYT.

                                      I can't imagine Heck posting something outrageous and I for one am usually interested by what he has to say.

                                      WSS.

                                      I always respect your decision, Steve. Thanks for chiming in.

                                      I received a PM from a fellow poster who called my attention to some folks using fake screen names, using the "N" word, and otherwise spamming the thread - more than one thread.

                                      I spent some time in the AM deleting individual posts until it became apparent that he/she/they had copies of their posts and had nothing better to do than paste them back to the board.

                                      Before Stan was able to delete these screen names - at my request - I thought it was better for ME and the board if I simply deleted the thread. It probably had about 15 posts - 12 from those people.

                                      If Heck really wanted to, he could simply start another thread. His post was all of 25 words or less.

                                      Funny how Heck, XXXX and XXX complain about content and ask for other posts to be deleted - in fact both XXXX and XXX left the FOOTBALL Board because they had people who didn't agree with them.

                                      For all the back and forth I have with Heck, I consider him to be a valuable asset to this board and give him a lot of credit for working so hard to get his points across.

                                      PS You coming out to NE this Fall, now that you are done with PIB????

                                      Alo A
                                      • 497 Posts
                                      • 6 Reputation
                                      A Alo wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @chicopee-john said:

                                      Funny how Heck, XXXX and XXX complain about content and ask for other posts to be deleted - in fact both XXXX and XXX left the FOOTBALL Board because they had people who didn't agree with them.

                                      Huh?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Say, how about that "huh?" huh?

                                        Another really eloquent contribution to the forum by Al.

                                        Who, btw, rejected a trade offer from me, with no comment.

                                        Just a "huh?" and a little bit pouty-pouty...

                                        That's "al" she wrote ! LOL

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate