Skip to content

Hey MoMass!!!

The Browns Board
88 24 6.8k
  • Furry is going to reap the benefits of this.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    Let's see how many balls you catch in triple coverage.

    Signed,

    Braylon Edwards

    (Our coach is horrible.)

    He caught a few in tough double coverage. I sure hope he is up for the challange. Leon Hall couldn't have played him any tighter and he gained 148 yards...

    (side note: BE was NEVER triple teamed lol)

    I'm dying to know what the draft picks are...BE would have walked at the season's end anyway. With a season all but over we miught as well build on what we have and get rid of a bad egg.

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    He caught a few in tough double coverage. I sure hope he is up for the challange. Leon Hall couldn't have played him any tighter and he gained 148 yards...

    (side note: BE was NEVER triple teamed lol)

    I'm dying to know what the draft picks are...BE would have walked at the season's end anyway. With a season all but over we miught as well build on what we have and get rid of a bad egg.

    You wont be too excited about the draft picks ...

  • Furry is going to reap the benefits of this.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Furry is going to reap the benefits of this.

    What about Robiskie? Does this mean he will be out of Mangini's Dawg House soon?

  • C'mon, Leg, this is great news and you know it.

    BE was a non-entity. Do you really think he helped MoMass last week?

    I honestly don't. He's not a Mangini guy and never would be.

    This is the definition of addition by subtraction.

  • @jadbf said:

    While I agree this is going to make life more difficult for Momass. Do you really believe our coach is horrible for trading a guy who wasn't going to be here anyway next year, was just the biggest moron for creation on the night AFTER a loss, and might very well get suspended?

    I know I know, everyone is going to tell me Edwards was our only "playmaker" on offense, the only guy with any talent blah blah blah.

    IF Mangini got two players and at lease one of the two reported picks is a second rounder? I'll say he made a great move.

    We don't know BE would not be in CLE next year. With no new CBA, Edwards was going to be a RFA, not a URFA. So CLE could tender him a 1st and a 3rd if they wanted. They'd also have matching rights on any offer BE got.

    Chance are good he'd be gone, but I don't know if this was really a good move at this point. I am certainly curious to see how the offense goes now, w/o BE on one side attracting saftey help.

  • C'mon, Leg, this is great news and you know it.

    BE was a non-entity. Do you really think he helped MoMass last week?

    I honestly don't. He's not a Mangini guy and never would be.

    This is the definition of addition by subtraction.

    @damajuki said:

    C'mon, Leg, this is great news and you know it.

    BE was a non-entity. Do you really think he helped MoMass last week?

    I honestly don't. He's not a Mangini guy and never would be.

    This is the definition of addition by subtraction.

    Of course he helped MoMass last week. MoMass was seeing single coverage w/o saftey help, because teams roll coverages toward BE.

  • @jadbf said:

    well that's what I am saying I guess. even if you went that 1st and 3rd route, he's still gone. I doubt they would have matched the offer to keep a guy who CLEARLY does not want to be here.

    I think this for sure hurts the offense in the short term, no question. but I think this helps the TEAM in the long run.

    I doubt anyone would have given us a 1 & 3 after the season to sign him if he is a RFA, glad Chansi Stuckey part of the deal - the guy can play.

    It will be interesting to see what picks they got with this deal to say one way or the other if it was good. A good deal for us I think would be a 2 & 5 and the two players they got.

  • @jadbf said:

    well that's what I am saying I guess. even if you went that 1st and 3rd route, he's still gone. I doubt they would have matched the offer to keep a guy who CLEARLY does not want to be here.

    I think this for sure hurts the offense in the short term, no question. but I think this helps the TEAM in the long run.

    After this weekend incident, you are probably right that CLE wouldn't match. We'll just have to see what the picks really are and how the guys they got do. But I am leary of this trade.

  • The rotation of safety help to BE's side of the field last week wasn't even masked by the Bengals. I was there and most of the time the strong safety was closer to the los and the free safety was rotated on top of BE.

    Doesn't matter as we're 0-4 and not going anywhere this year and weren't likely to resign BE. Probably a shrewd move.

  • While MoMass definately reaped the benefits of having a BE type reciever across from him...lets not sleep on him going forward. When you're a high 2nd rounder you're expected to produce. I guess I wasn't surprised to see him rack up some yards last game. He was picked because he is 6'2 and extremely athletic (tons of upside). He has good hands and as he gets used to the speeed of the NFL game he should continue to progress.

    I said it earlier. He caught a few balls with Leon Hall on his back and a safety over the top as well. Just check out his reel on NFL.com

    We're sticking to the plan. Edwards was only here for the year and MoMass/Robiskie were brought in to compete and make his departure welcomed...it just came a bit sooner than we as fans expected.

  • Definitely a shrewd move. Yes BE's off-the-field shennanigans are a distraction, and his actual play is inconsistent at best (ranging from super-human to super-terrible), there is no denying the value he brings to this team and this offense off the ball.

    In a related note, the Browns will be wearing the Brown pants for the remainder of the season as the stain DA placed in his has been unable to be removed ever since heard the news.

  • @jadbf said:

    This I agree with. heck even if the defense was guarding Momass and Edwards evenly, that helped Momass. Now you have Furrey, Robiskie and maybe Chancey Stuckey as your choices opposite Momass? Who are they gonna scare?

    You havent seen this group play yet. Lets face it until Momass came out last week, who the fook did he scare? Now he and Harrison are the cute pickups in fantasy.

    Lets play these last 12 games. You just may go into the offseason riding high on the possibilites and the coach/team.

    Mangini bought himself 3 more weeks with me because of that performance last week. I want to continue to see improvement.

  • There are some MoMass highlights in here, plus the INT from DA on the goalline Ate keeps asking about.

    The kid Momass ran some nice routes and made catches in traffic.

    DA HIGHLIGHTS

    I like how he doesn't get all shitty after catching what he thought was a TD.

  • @damajuki said:

    C'mon, Leg, this is great news and you know it.

    BE was a non-entity. Do you really think he helped MoMass last week?

    I honestly don't. He's not a Mangini guy and never would be.

    This is the definition of addition by subtraction.

    Of course he helped MoMass last week. MoMass was seeing single coverage w/o saftey help, because teams roll coverages toward BE.

    Masters said:

    Of course he helped MoMass last week. MoMass was seeing single coverage w/o saftey help, because teams roll coverages toward BE.

    Well, duh (on me, that is). Of course you're right.

    I was thinking less about on-the-field help and more about getting him on the field.

    But it was still a stupid post. Thanks for not ripping me for it. 🙂

  • @jadbf said:

    I heard a rumor that it was two second rounders .

    Holy cow, that would be AMAZING.

    Yeah, I know, he's a game-changer, he's an athletic beast, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda (Seinfeld again.)

    #1 WRs are like a nice spinners. They only really fit and look good on a nice car.

    Having him on this team, this year, was like seeing spinners on a Yugo. Just made the whole thing look more ridiculous.

  • Im going on record right now as saying BE is going to have another Pro Bowl year and be a huge reason they make it to the playoffs we really xxxxed up on this one. The guy has insane potential and I was praying we could unlock that. It will happen in NY and we'll be fleeced once again by the Jets and Mangina.

    Are we the Jets farm system now? Iss Mangina secretly still on their payroll? We gave them a franchise QB and now a franchise WR. Mark my words folks and be ready for an 0-16 season! Wheres the fawking grocery bags!

    P.S. The optimism of getting even a 3rd and 5th is outlandish, we got bent over!

  • Get a grip buddy. Edwards wasn't doin shit this year and he wouldn't even be around next year so..... the timing sucks but it had to be done.

  • Im going on record right now as saying BE is going to have another Pro Bowl year and be a huge reason they make it to the playoffs we really xxxxed up on this one. The guy has insane potential and I was praying we could unlock that. It will happen in NY and we'll be fleeced once again by the Jets and Mangina.

    Are we the Jets farm system now? Iss Mangina secretly still on their payroll? We gave them a franchise QB and now a franchise WR. Mark my words folks and be ready for an 0-16 season! Wheres the fawking grocery bags!

    P.S. The optimism of getting even a 3rd and 5th is outlandish, we got bent over!

    @ithika said:

    Im going on record right now as saying BE is going to have another Pro Bowl year and be a huge reason they make it to the playoffs we really xxxxed up on this one. The guy has insane potential and I was praying we could unlock that. It will happen in NY and we'll be fleeced once again by the Jets and Mangina.

    Are we the Jets farm system now? Iss Mangina secretly still on their payroll? We gave them a franchise QB and now a franchise WR. Mark my words folks and be ready for an 0-16 season! Wheres the fawking grocery bags!

    We were no more or less likely to win games with BE this year. That was abundantly clear from his play so far this year and evidently ManKok agree with me.

    He was doing the NFL version of a "sick out". Oh, he was playing, alright, if by "playing" we mean "running around trying not to get hurt".

    The guy has potential. Great. So do MoMass and Robo and they actually seem to want to play football.

    Good freaking riddance to BE. He's NY's problem now and they are welcome to him.

  • I disagree with you BE and DA's chemistry is very good and took years to build. Eventually BE was going to have a break out game and the guy draws double coverage alot. He was in fact our only seasoned weapon and If you think he wasn't going to have a solid year with DA at the helm your smoking crack! Pro Bowl with the Browns maybe not, but with the Jets he will! We got xxxxed and thats all there is to it Stuckey isnt a #1 and we got a special teams LB! Who xxxxing cares! Once you find out we didn't get at least a 3rd and we win maybe 2 games your going to understand very quickly how much this deal sucked!

  • @ithika said:

    Im going on record right now as saying BE is going to have another Pro Bowl year and be a huge reason they make it to the playoffs we really xxxxed up on this one. The guy has insane potential and I was praying we could unlock that. It will happen in NY and we'll be fleeced once again by the Jets and Mangina.

    Are we the Jets farm system now? Iss Mangina secretly still on their payroll? We gave them a franchise QB and now a franchise WR. Mark my words folks and be ready for an 0-16 season! Wheres the fawking grocery bags!

    We were no more or less likely to win games with BE this year. That was abundantly clear from his play so far this year and evidently ManKok agree with me.

    He was doing the NFL version of a "sick out". Oh, he was playing, alright, if by "playing" we mean "running around trying not to get hurt".

    The guy has potential. Great. So do MoMass and Robo and they actually seem to want to play football.

    Good freaking riddance to BE. He's NY's problem now and they are welcome to him.

    @damajuki said:

    We were no more or less likely to win games with BE this year. That was abundantly clear from his play so far this year and evidently ManKok agree with me.

    He was doing the NFL version of a "sick out". Oh, he was playing, alright, if by "playing" we mean "running around trying not to get hurt".

    The guy has potential. Great. So do MoMass and Robo and they actually seem to want to play football.

    Good freaking riddance to BE. He's NY's problem now and they are welcome to him.

    He's in a contract year and you're telling me he's trying to not play hard to get a good deal? He and DA have great chemistry and it was bound to come out at some point! He draws double coverage which entail gives other WR's an opportunity. Thats all gone which equals less wins for this team! Mangina isn't playing to win this year or be competitive at all, the Jets are! Oh but we've got an awesome defense so it doesn't matter lol!

    Bust out your paper grocery bags gentlemen, its going to be a LONG season!