Draft homework
-
2004.....6 players drafted.....Kellen Winslow(traded2nd), sean jones (moved up to 2nd and gave up 3rd and swapped fifthpicks)3rd nada, 4th Luke McCown 5th Amon Gordon 6th Kirk Chambers 7th Adima---echemandu(JOE)
NONE WITH TEAM......Luke McCown,sean jones backups...Winslow only starter with other team....other 3 out of league.
39 guys out of 53 Drafted NOT IN NFL , 14 players still in league only 1 still on the Browns.
1st round misses (again not really relevent winslow starts but...Ben Rothlisberger, tommie harris, lee evans, vince wilfork
2nd round...Jake Grove, Chris snee, Justin Smiley, Antwan odom, devery hendersen
3rd (all) Darnell docket Max Starks, Bernard Berrian
4th....jericho Cotchery, Jared Allen
5th... DJ Hackett...Errik Coleman
6th...(GET THIS) Corey Williams, Rex Hadnot
7th...Patrick Crayton, Derrick Ward
1 out of 53 guys we drafted still with team

2004.....6 players drafted.....Kellen Winslow(traded2nd), sean jones (moved up to 2nd and gave up 3rd and swapped fifthpicks)3rd nada, 4th Luke McCown 5th Amon Gordon 6th Kirk Chambers 7th Adima---echemandu(JOE)
NONE WITH TEAM......Luke McCown,sean jones backups...Winslow only starter with other team....other 3 out of league.
[/b]
Oops. i got to know Chambers when he was in town, and he is still with Buffalo (unless something has happened in the last couple weeks). Nonetheless, you're point is well taken.
-

It'd be interesting to see these stats for the Steelers and Ravens from 1999-2006.
Too much work but I did a quick first two years of Ravens 99 and 2000 Draft....
4 picks 1999... 1st rd Chris McAlister, no second, no third, 4th round Brandon Stokely 4th round Edwin Mulitalo, no 5th no 6th, 7th rd Anthony Poindexter
3 still playing in NFL 1 out of league 3 of 4 still in NFL , 1 of 4 out of league , 1 still plays for ravens
2000:
6 Picks
rd 1 Jamal Lewis
rd 1 Travis Taylor
rd 3 Chris Redman
rd 5 Richard Marcier
rd 6 Adalius Thomas
rd 6 Cedric woodard
3 still playing, 3 out of league, none still with ravens.... 6 of 10 still playing in league... 4 out of Nfl..... They did better in 99 and 2000 than we have in 1 whole decade...they did better with 10 draft picks than we have with 69(thru 2006)

we had 24 picks in those two draft years...only one still in league....northdrop
-
I did a quick first two years of Steelers 99 and 2000 Draft....
99' 11 picks:
Troy edwards, Scot Shields, Joey Porter, Kris Farris, Amos Zereoue, Aaron Smith, Jereme Tuman, Malcolm Johnson, Antonio Dingle, Chad Kelsay, Kris Brown
3 still in league...(1 played a pretty long time), 8 out of league...One still with Steelers.
2000: 9 picks:
Plaxico Burress, Marvel Smith, Kendrick Clancy, Hank Poteat, Danny Farmer, Clark Haggins, Tee Martin, Chris Combs, Jason Gavadza
Still in league Clark haggins and Marvel Smith just cut this year so I will include him(each played 10 years).....haggins played ten years for the team that drafted him!!!
2 still in league + 2 that played 10 years and Plax {who'd still be playing(neb)}
SO 20 draft picks 5 still in league + Plax and + Haggins and Marvel smith who both played 10 years....
1 still with team, 8 still in NFL - (*plax) who'd still be playing....*haggins and smith who played 10 years. That's 8 of 20
Still not great but 800% better than The Browns.... AGAIN WAY BETTER THAN THE BROWNS DID in 99' and 2000(plus pitt drafts after 2000 Kill us)
-
OK to finish with 2007 and 2008 OOF = OUT OF FOOTBALL
2007 7 Picks: 4 with team....3 out of football
JT,BQ,Eric Wright, Brandon Mcdonald,{ Melila Purcell,Chase Pittman and steptoe} OOF
2008 6 Picks: 2 with team....2 out of football + 2 on Dev squad
Beau bell(oof), Martin Rucker (dev squad), Ahtyba Rubin, Paul Hubbard(dev squad), Allen Patrick(oof) Alex hall...
For a Grand total of I'll be generous and include the two practice squad players.....
53 PLAYERS OUT OF 82 DRAFTED BY BROWNS ARE OUT OF FOOTBALL AS OF DRAFT CLASS THRU 2008....
12 OF 82 STILL WITH THE BROWNS + 2 DEV SQUAD 12 OUT OF 82 PICKS!!!!! 6 OF THOSE FROM 07', 08'
HERE IS SOLE REASON WE SUCK AS A FOOTBALL TEAM........ONLY 29 PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 82 TRIES PLAY IN THE NFL!!!
ONLY FKN 12 ARE STILL WITH THE BROWNS AND HALF THAT ARE GUYS IN THE LEAGUE 2 YEARS OR LESS!!!
RAVENS DRAFT CLASS OF 1999 AND 2000 = 6 of 10 still playing in league...AND THEY ONLY HAD 10 PICKS IN 2 DRAFT CLASSES...

-
Very nice solon, you put in alot of work. Great read, depressing as hell but very informative.
-
Drum roll please..............in first 7 draft classes 99~2005.........20 picks in first three rounds..............Only Brodney Pool is left on our team!!!!!!!!!
1 for 20.....wooohooooo!!!!!!! 9 of 20 OOF ///// 10 of 20 on other teams//// and only 4 start!!! BE, Winslow, Faine and Gerard Warren.
Frye, sean jones, chaun thompson, Northdrop, andre davis and chris crocker are backups.
-
Too much work to let die:
Baltimore....... In the 7 draft classes 99'~05
7 of the 17 picks in first three rounds of those draft Classes...Still with team
5 of 17 out of football
12 of 17 still in league
5 play for other teams
jamal lewis casey rabach start, ///// Devard Darling, Chris Redman and Kyle boller backups
-
The online stream I was watching was pretty grainy, but I'm pretty sure Robiskie was out there Sunday.
Plus, it's extremely rare that a team has two early round rookie receivers contribute in the same year. Normally, a team has at least one established starter, leaving the two rooks to compete for the same spot. With Braylon gone, we may now get a chance to see both Robiskie and Massaquoi audition for starting jobs.
Hopefully, at least one of them will grow into a legit starting wideout. Unfortunately, very few teams have managed to draft two early round wideouts and have both of them succeed. You can find a lot of failures on this list:
2009:
Browns: Brian Robiskie, Mohamed MassaquoiDolphins: Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline
2008: Redskins: Devin Thomas, Malcolm KellyBengals: Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell
2007: Titans: Paul Williams, Chris Davis2006: Steelers: Santonio Holmes, Willie Reid2005: Titans: Courtney Roby, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams2004: Jaguars: Reggie Williams, Ernest WilfordNiners: Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton
2003: Cardinals: Bryant Johnson, Anquan BoldinRams: Kevin Curtis, Shaun McDonald
2000: Bengals: Peter Warrick, Ron DuganSteelers: Plaxico Burress, Danny Farmer
Browns: Dennis Northcutt, JaJuan Dawson
Eagles: Todd Pinkston, Gari Scott
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.
We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.
We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
Masters said:
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
-
Masters said:
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.
I certainly hope I end up wrong.
-
Hey I liked Kevin Johnson
i have his jersey
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


