Draft homework
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.
We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.
We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
Masters said:
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
-
Masters said:
I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.
I certainly hope I end up wrong.
-
Hey I liked Kevin Johnson
i have his jersey
-
Hey I liked Kevin Johnson
i have his jersey
Hey I liked Kevin Johnson
I liked him as well.
-
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.
the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.
Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.
I certainly hope I end up wrong.
Masters said:
Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.I certainly hope I end up wrong.
Just curious what you use to make that decision already? What does he do that you don't like?
I understand not guaranteeing he'll be good. But it sounds to me like you already think he's a bust of a second round pick and I just don't get it?
-
Masters said:
Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.I certainly hope I end up wrong.
Just curious what you use to make that decision already? What does he do that you don't like?
I understand not guaranteeing he'll be good. But it sounds to me like you already think he's a bust of a second round pick and I just don't get it?
Just curious what you use to make that decision already? What does he do that you don't like?
I understand not guaranteeing he'll be good. But it sounds to me like you already think he's a bust of a second round pick and I just don't get it?
I was going by what we see right now. So far, I have not seen anything out of MoMass to believe he is anything special or more than WR filler by NFL standards. Throw in how he followed up his big game and I question his long term value. I wasn't trying to imply he is a bust or will be. I am sure that kid will be around the NFL for a long time. I just question that he is a legit #2 WR, in that he's a guy any team would be more than satisfied w/ at the #2 spot. He certainly doesn't look the part of a #1.
Then there is the fact that it is the Browns we are talking about.
-
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!
ALO...I revise my position....want nothing to do with McCoy....Mallett 1st / Clausen 2nd
-
yeah, we have 6 months until the draft. we will start this thread again in january.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login