Haloti Ngata
-
\ said:
Ngata is playing DT in a 4-3 defense. That is a far cry from play NT in a 3-4. The skill sets are way different. There is no guarantee that Ngata would have been a good NT in the 3-4.You are Correct !!
-
\ said:
Hopefully, we'll be able to fill one of those spots with a veteran FA. I'm watching the Dolphins-Seahawks game right now, and Channing Crowder looks really good as a 3-4 ILB. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform.Yet another guy who fell out of the first couple of rounds I was screaming for Phil to pick.
That motherfucker never listens...
-
\ said:
\ said:
Hopefully, we'll be able to fill one of those spots with a veteran FA. I'm watching the Dolphins-Seahawks game right now, and Channing Crowder looks really good as a 3-4 ILB. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform.Yet another guy who fell out of the first couple of rounds I was screaming for Phil to pick.
That motherfucker never listens...
I'll take Crowder, Bradley, and Jameel McClain any day.
If we end up signing Crowder, I hope one of the reporters at the presser asks Savage, "Hey Phil, do you regret drafting Charlie Frye instead of this guy?"
-
\ said:
break the bank to sign suggs. a dominant pass rusher with experience in the 3-4 and 4-3? back the truck up to his house.Well said
-
Spending a ton of money on Suggs sounds like a great idea. I mean, he's been great in Baltimore's defense, hasn't missed a game due to injury, and will be sure to command top dollar on the open market.
Sounds kinda familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. . . Oh wait, sounds like Gary Baxter, that's right!!!
But regarding the Wimbley vs. Ngata deal, Wimbley was exactly what we needed in year 1, a force in the pass-rush. But he has since fallen off. Is that Savage's fault? Or is it the coaches fault? And who is to say that Ngata would have suffered the same slow demise into mediocraty under our coaching staff?
I'd be willing to bet that Wimbley would be heading back for a return trip to the Pro Bowl had he been drafted by Baltimore, and we'd be sitting here upset that we took Ngata instead of Wimbley, and hoping to sign him to big dollars when he becomes a free agent.
-
baxter would've been good if he could've played ever. it's lecharles bentley syndrome. you can't discount signing players from baltimore because we had one bust from them. JLew has been alright, more or less what we expected him to be. he's slowed down this year, but that's what happens with RBs.
is signing free agents a gamble? yes. but there are only so many guys who can get to the QB and suggs is one of them. while baltimore's schemes have certainly helped him, he still had to be the one to go out there and execute.
-
I know, I'm being a little facetious. I wouldn't mind having Suggs here, but just want to point out that the risk is there regardless of who the player is.
-
\ said:
in this case, then, do you think the reward (or potential reward) is worth the sizable risk it'll take to get him here? i sure a hell do. suggs and rogers could make even wimbley effective.I would think the risk reward is worth it. Just like it was with the Rogers trade, Williams trade, and signing Stallworth.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login