Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Another Browns' Jersey RIP

Another Browns' Jersey RIP

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 9 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #1

    Since 1999, I have purchased the following jerseys:

    #2 - Couch

    #92 - Brown

    #31 - Green

    #17 - Edwards

    #10 - Quinn

    Needless to say, I'm done buying jerseys with names of current players on them. It's been a freakin ripoff so far; but the charities I've donated them to prolly don't think so. I think the next jersey I buy will be #34 without the name on the upperback.

    - Tom F.

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • birddog1 ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? birddog1 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I just bought a Joe Thomas jersey. I think I'm safe with that one. I had a Quinn jersey but I sold that two weeks prior to Quinn getting yanked.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ndneighbor N
        • 250 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        N ndneighbor wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Seriously man, don't sell your Quinn stock just yet. Remember 2008.

        It's still a 16 game season and the current starter still has twice as many INTs as he does both passing and rushing TDs combined.

        (He does have a QBR that's better than Jamarcus Russell has though.)

        A little faith Tom. Just a little faith. Remember, you can't say Quinn without saying Win.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 390 Reputation
          CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
          #4

          so much consistent bad luck with 1 rounders, that if the next 1 rounder is a skill type position, im buying that jersey knowing he will be a star 🙄

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
            • 4k Posts
            • 139 Reputation
            ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @bestplayer52 said:

            Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed jerseys sell like hotcakes.

            Ray Lewis has been the No. 1 linebacker since 1996. Ten Pro Bowls and Super Bowl MVP.

            Best Player = Ray Ray.

            Purchase the Purple ones ... they are so cute, chicks love to wear'em.

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 4k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
              #6

              purple #4 for the kids.

              guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Next Year Next YearN
                • 132 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Another one bites the dust...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • FlugelF Flugel

                  Since 1999, I have purchased the following jerseys:

                  #2 - Couch

                  #92 - Brown

                  #31 - Green

                  #17 - Edwards

                  #10 - Quinn

                  Needless to say, I'm done buying jerseys with names of current players on them. It's been a freakin ripoff so far; but the charities I've donated them to prolly don't think so. I think the next jersey I buy will be #34 without the name on the upperback.

                  - Tom F.

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @flugel said:

                  Since 1999, I have purchased the following jerseys:

                  #2 - Couch

                  #92 - Brown

                  #31 - Green

                  #17 - Edwards

                  #10 - Quinn

                  Needless to say, I'm done buying jerseys with names of current players on them. It's been a freakin ripoff so far; but the charities I've donated them to prolly don't think so. I think the next jersey I buy will be #34 without the name on the upperback.

                  - Tom F.

                  Here is my philosophy about that: Buy a #32 Jersey (Jim Brown), a #14 jersey (Otto Graham), or a #76 jersey (Lou Groza).

                  These jersey numbers are for Browns Hall of Famers and the numbers are retired. None of those numbers are gonna be used by anyone else. They ain't gonna be traded, they ain't gonna turn out to be busts. They will ALWAYS be a valuable Brown apparell item. You will NOT have wasted your money on them.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                    @bestplayer52 said:

                    Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed jerseys sell like hotcakes.

                    Ray Lewis has been the No. 1 linebacker since 1996. Ten Pro Bowls and Super Bowl MVP.

                    Best Player = Ray Ray.

                    Purchase the Purple ones ... they are so cute, chicks love to wear'em.

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @atenears said:

                    Purchase the Purple ones ... they are so cute, chicks love to wear'em.

                    productimg1238575430640.jpg

                    Now here is the purple "jersey" for you to buy!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 127 Reputation
                      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Deleone #54.

                      Authentic and my HS #. Nuff said.

                      Is a pig's ass pork?
                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Riffer XR Riffer X

                        Deleone #54.

                        Authentic and my HS #. Nuff said.

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @riffer-x said:

                        Deleone #54.

                        Authentic and my HS #. Nuff said.

                        Kent Roosevelt eh? Rough Rider! (Does your wife say you live up to that reputation?).

                        He along with Tom Campana and Stan White all go to OSU together.

                        In my Senior year in High School I played baseball and we were scheduled to play an away game at Kent Roosevelt on the following date: May 4, 1970. Needless to say, our game was postponed.

                        (As a sophomore my baseball team played Roosevelt with Stan White who played catcher for them. If he hadn't become an NFL linebacker he very well have made it to the majors as a catcher)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Here is another nice purple "jersey":

                          productimg1243399999640.jpg

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 11k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @jadbf said:

                            WAIT WAIT! I've figured it all out now! It's all Flug's fault! He Jinxed everyone one of those guys!!! 😒😆

                            LOL! You might be onto something J. Since I can't argue the curse thing, I got a solution. I should just go buy a black and gold Pollyneedsahaircut jersey and wear that sucker all season. Then when all these sodderheads show up rivalry week fussing about missing Polly - you guys can tell them Flugel took him with a simple jersey purchase.

                            I got your backs folks!

                            - Tom F.

                            I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate