New Coach Rumor!
-
\ said:
\ said:
Therefore, the GOOD news is Ferentz already has PRO football experience and it was right here in Cleveland. It's where he made a HOT name for himself. I LIKED him and didn't his team just beat the #2 team in the country?- Tom F.Here is the bad news: The guy I sit right next to at work played on the same UCONN team as Ferentz and he said he is far from being the brightest bulb in the circuit.
More bad news: IMHO, he is the most overrated coach in college football.
It will be more and more and more of the same if Ferentz is hired (and Savage isn't fired).
I'll take Crennel any day over Ferentz.
-
\ said:
\ said:
Well, now that he wouldn't have to worry about DA giving him another coronary, perhaps we could lure in Ditka?In short NO THANKS. Some guys are bitching that Savage can't draft and you want the guy who traded his whole draft for Rickey Williams?
How stupid would it have been for any team to pass up that deal, Larry?
Probably a team destined for 15+ years of mediocrity.
-
What still shocks me is how godawful bad Dwight Clark was at drafting. There's guys on this board who have their shit together more than that guy, and everything pointed to him being a young and up and coming executive and talent guy. Apparently, Carmen really had no idea about anything, he was just a front man.
Seriously, you could take a blind man and have him point to picks on a board out of nowhere that would have stuck more than the picks Clark had.
-
\ said:
the coach I would love to have is mike singeltary. Quitters woulnd't play for him. I think he will be a good HC coach someday.We'll see. I am not sold he'll be able to scale back that old school stuff, like say a Coughlin did. That hard ass stuff will wear thin if it is the norm.
-
You heard it here first Next coach of the Cleveland Browns Charlie Weiss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Steve
Terre Haute
-
\ said:
\ said:
the coach I would love to have is mike singeltary. Quitters woulnd't play for him. I think he will be a good HC coach someday.We'll see. I am not sold he'll be able to scale back that old school stuff, like say a Coughlin did. That hard ass stuff will wear thin if it is the norm.
Thats what this team needs. Someone not afraid to get in there face and get on them when they need it. This team lacks discipline and thats what they need. Hey coughlin worked out fine he has a super bowl.
-
\ said:
Thats what this team needs. Someone not afraid to get in there face and get on them when they need it. This team lacks discipline and thats what they need. Hey coughlin worked out fine he has a super bowl.Oh I agree CLE needs it. My concern with Singletary is he will always go the old school way and never soften up at times when he needs to. Which will cost him to lose his players/team. Coughlin learned to do that and scales things back as far as the hard ass routine, whicn is why he has success.
-
I like Marty. He is old school which I think is what the Browns need. That said, going back to the future is not what the Browns need now. The team needs a coach that can embody the old ways yet appeal to a new breed of NFL players.
-
\ said:
\ said:
Thats what this team needs. Someone not afraid to get in there face and get on them when they need it. This team lacks discipline and thats what they need. Hey coughlin worked out fine he has a super bowl.
Oh I agree CLE needs it. My concern with Singletary is he will always go the old school way and never soften up at times when he needs to. Which will cost him to lose his players/team. Coughlin learned to do that and scales things back as far as the hard ass routine, whicn is why he has success.
I agree with coughlin he has eased up a bit. I know everybody wants cowher, I just think he won't come. So that's why I say singletary. He will be better than tomlin I think.
-
Over the last few years, the Browns have reached out to Bob Stoops at Oklahoma. Stoops is a Younsgtown native so that may be enticing to return home. Not sure how the Sooners are doing this year. The only thing lacking is his NFL experience. Just a thought.
-
Actually romeo crennel has the same Agent as kirk Ferentz.heard that on STO last night.also heard the rumor about Ferentz being the coach.
-
Hell might as well hire John Cooper if you like Ferentz.
-
I would look at 3 people.
Cowher
Nolan
Marriucchi(sp)
-
Oh, I forgot...we would also need to bring in Art Shell or Mo Carthon just to get that out of the way.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login