Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. More reason to hate Pittsburg

More reason to hate Pittsburg

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 10 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
    • 64k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    When the chips are down, they will be happy to risk breaking opposing players' necks with

    facemask grabbing, just like PollyHulaSkirt did before...

    But I had an interview in Pittsburg.

    So, I drive out to Pittsburg, and on the way out there, on the expressway, there were cars in the

    Youngstown area with Steeler bumper stickers.

    One steeler bumper stickered vehicle flew down the expressway, went past me

    like I was standing still, (no, I was doing 70) and cut just off the rear bumper of a semi,

    in front of another semi, then he saw the smokie sitting there, and slammed on his brakes to slow down.

    Well, I'm following the semi he cut in front of, and the semi driver hit his brakes hard, and my cup of coffee

    slips out of my hand, rolls down my knee, and pops open on my foot.

    I got the coffee before I got on 76 E.... and just decided it was cool enough to drink.

    I was wrong, it was hotter than it should ever be. I was just lucky I had my fancy dress shoes off,...

    they were sitting on the passenger side floor.

    So, we survived that ordeal, no accident, assured clear distance and good semi brakes....

    and the semi driver was testing out his air horn a good bit.

    He was not happy. Maybe his coffee fell and popped open somewhere else..

    So, I paid my 1.60 cents to get off the turnpike right before PA, and a half mile later, in PA,

    I pulled up to another toll booth. Instead of getting another stupid toll slip... they charged me

    and everybody else $3.75 toll.

    So, I look at him like one of us is a crook, and it isn't me ripping HIM off, and I gave him my Clint Eastwood glare

    and said:

    "eh... sorry, but I just got through paying a toll, I think I just need another ticket"

    well, I was kidding of course. He said in PA they charge the toll ahead of time.

    I squinted at him more, and paid the goofy toll.

    So, the guy gave me my receipt, and said, "You know, you look like one of the Everly Brothers"...

    I said, "It's the suit, it's expensive" and he laughed, and I left.

    I'm still trying to figure out how I can look like an Everly Brother... but I think it wasn't a compliment,

    since they are older than I am, assuming they are both still around...

    Anyways, I arrive at this big building, and there are workers taking a smoke break outside.

    Yep, they are wearing Steeler jerseys. Real professional. Apparently, every day is bandwagon Steeler fan day

    in PA...

    There I was, at the office where my interview is, and the receptionist, a really nice gal, is wearing

    a Pollymumu jersey. In another office, another gal is wearing a Barfsonhisburger jersey.

    The interview went great, because on a good day, I can fake being a genius pretty good,

    so we'll see. It's possible I might have a 6 mo. contract in Pittifulburg, which means I'd had to live there

    Mon through Thurs, which would really suck if the Steelers beat the Browns both times...

    Or, I might get to work about 25 hrs a week, telecomuting from home, for 3-5 years, and only come to Pittsblurb

    when I have meetings with the Java dev team. Hey, he offered it up, and I said I would love that arrangement.

    So, like I said, the interview went great, which means they probably hire a consultant from India again, who will work 12 hr days

    5 days a week, for half what I will make.

    dammit.

    Anyways, I left for home, and punched in our address to go home, and let the GPS take me there.

    PA obviously has a lot of hills, and not many exits or a lot of routes to make choices on.

    You can take the expressway, or... you can let the doggone GPS take you a bunch of back roads.

    Well, interestingly, the GPS took me the back way, which is a lot worse "back way" than I would ever have imagined...

    As in, Rt 30 W for a long time through the hills and curves of

    tiny little run down small towns, to eventually a couple different side routes, then N on state route 11.

    I don't know why I had to go N, but it was no turning back.

    then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while, then at one point,

    I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio...

    and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

    The backroads route took me out of PA, across the narrow panhandle of WV, and

    finally back into Ohio.

    Now all of this would be impossible unless you have a GPS, or you don't have to fake being a genius

    and have a photographic memory of a very detailed map.

    Finally, a few hours later, I ended up in familiar territory - Rt 62 in Alliance.

    You don't ever want to do this route in the winter. Even if you made it, it would take at least twice as long.

    And, I stopped in WV at a little store, and the gal behind the counter was wearing a Pollyneedsahaircut (borrowed from Flugels)

    jersey. Those bandwagon stinkler fans are every freakin where.

    As it ended up, it took me the same amount of time the back way, as the expressway...eh.. way.

    Less miles, more gas the back way.

    I hate PIttsburg, I hate the stupid steelers, and paying a turnpike toll in advance sucks worse than Pollyschmumu's hair is way too long,

    because he is a girly-man.

    dammit.

    V BUNSofSTEEL08B 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Spunkonmyback DPOY S
      • 799 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Just last year Pittsburgh was determined to have the most curtious drivers. http://kdka.com/local/road.rage.survey.2.723990.html What happen to you is an unforunate incident that is normally unheard of. I sure your story has some exaggerration to it becuase of your disgust with the trip. The tolls are rediculous but it has nothing to do with Pittsburgh or the tool booth operator. Its all done in the scewed up state government. How surprising the Democrat run state government would have high taxes.

      "Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil" - Niccolo Machiavelli "Expectation is the root of all heartache." - William Shakespeare "In time we hate that which we often fear. " - William Shakespeare "I DO ROIDS ... and GIVE HEAD" - ATENEARS http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16312 http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698372-66.stm Friday said, "posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public. He said posters who write tasteless messages use football and the rivalries between teams as a way of getting out their aggression in a non-violent manner." Predicted 2010 Steelers record from this board: 7-9; 6-10; 8-8; 9-7; 10-6
      ? 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
        • 4k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Please wear a suicide vest next time you visit that area and take-out as many of them SOB's as you can.

        We'll name the forum in honor of you.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Dawgstucknpa D
          • 171 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          D Dawgstucknpa wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I live here and you are correct. The highway system is terrible. Tunnels and ridiculous traffic to slow you down. For the most part people here hate to drive on a highway. They talk of going to other cities and being intimidated by highways like 480 (like between Brookpark and Ridge) where there are 5 lanes and people continuously merging.

          I hate driving here. You always feeling like you're driving in a tunnel because the roads rarely "open up" where you can see far in front of you. The twisting and turning and ALWAYS having to use the parking brake to park, so you don"t ruin the transmission.

          Wait, there was one more thing.......oh yeah Steeler bumper stickers.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • bestplayer52 B
            • 71 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            B bestplayer52 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            what? No jobs in Cleveland? come to Baltimore and enjoy a job and the RAVENS!!!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I wouldn't work in Baltihore if they promised me 21 virgins, 500,000 bucks and twenty new sports cars and

              my own fishing lake lodge.

              Once you go there, you have to soak in a tub of vinegar and tomato juice for 48 hours to get the stink off, ya know... 😠

              V 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 3k Posts
                • 127 Reputation
                Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Cal, no offense bud, but I didn't need to read this thread to have anymore reason to hate Pittspile.

                Is a pig's ass pork?
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • medicineman medicinemanM
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 185 Reputation
                  medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I couldnt hate Pissburgh any more than i already do

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY

                    Just last year Pittsburgh was determined to have the most curtious drivers. http://kdka.com/local/road.rage.survey.2.723990.html What happen to you is an unforunate incident that is normally unheard of. I sure your story has some exaggerration to it becuase of your disgust with the trip. The tolls are rediculous but it has nothing to do with Pittsburgh or the tool booth operator. Its all done in the scewed up state government. How surprising the Democrat run state government would have high taxes.

                    TheJokersWILD ?
                    • Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    ? TheJokersWILD wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Sivlerback DPOY said:

                    Just last year Pittsburgh was determined to have the most curtious drivers. http://kdka.com/local/road.rage.survey.2.723990.html What happen to you is an unforunate incident that is normally unheard of. I sure your story has some exaggerration to it becuase of your disgust with the trip. The tolls are rediculous but it has nothing to do with Pittsburgh or the tool booth operator. Its all done in the scewed up state government. How surprising the Democrat run state government would have high taxes.

                    Is that a new Stoolers bar?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C calfoxwc

                      When the chips are down, they will be happy to risk breaking opposing players' necks with

                      facemask grabbing, just like PollyHulaSkirt did before...

                      But I had an interview in Pittsburg.

                      So, I drive out to Pittsburg, and on the way out there, on the expressway, there were cars in the

                      Youngstown area with Steeler bumper stickers.

                      One steeler bumper stickered vehicle flew down the expressway, went past me

                      like I was standing still, (no, I was doing 70) and cut just off the rear bumper of a semi,

                      in front of another semi, then he saw the smokie sitting there, and slammed on his brakes to slow down.

                      Well, I'm following the semi he cut in front of, and the semi driver hit his brakes hard, and my cup of coffee

                      slips out of my hand, rolls down my knee, and pops open on my foot.

                      I got the coffee before I got on 76 E.... and just decided it was cool enough to drink.

                      I was wrong, it was hotter than it should ever be. I was just lucky I had my fancy dress shoes off,...

                      they were sitting on the passenger side floor.

                      So, we survived that ordeal, no accident, assured clear distance and good semi brakes....

                      and the semi driver was testing out his air horn a good bit.

                      He was not happy. Maybe his coffee fell and popped open somewhere else..

                      So, I paid my 1.60 cents to get off the turnpike right before PA, and a half mile later, in PA,

                      I pulled up to another toll booth. Instead of getting another stupid toll slip... they charged me

                      and everybody else $3.75 toll.

                      So, I look at him like one of us is a crook, and it isn't me ripping HIM off, and I gave him my Clint Eastwood glare

                      and said:

                      "eh... sorry, but I just got through paying a toll, I think I just need another ticket"

                      well, I was kidding of course. He said in PA they charge the toll ahead of time.

                      I squinted at him more, and paid the goofy toll.

                      So, the guy gave me my receipt, and said, "You know, you look like one of the Everly Brothers"...

                      I said, "It's the suit, it's expensive" and he laughed, and I left.

                      I'm still trying to figure out how I can look like an Everly Brother... but I think it wasn't a compliment,

                      since they are older than I am, assuming they are both still around...

                      Anyways, I arrive at this big building, and there are workers taking a smoke break outside.

                      Yep, they are wearing Steeler jerseys. Real professional. Apparently, every day is bandwagon Steeler fan day

                      in PA...

                      There I was, at the office where my interview is, and the receptionist, a really nice gal, is wearing

                      a Pollymumu jersey. In another office, another gal is wearing a Barfsonhisburger jersey.

                      The interview went great, because on a good day, I can fake being a genius pretty good,

                      so we'll see. It's possible I might have a 6 mo. contract in Pittifulburg, which means I'd had to live there

                      Mon through Thurs, which would really suck if the Steelers beat the Browns both times...

                      Or, I might get to work about 25 hrs a week, telecomuting from home, for 3-5 years, and only come to Pittsblurb

                      when I have meetings with the Java dev team. Hey, he offered it up, and I said I would love that arrangement.

                      So, like I said, the interview went great, which means they probably hire a consultant from India again, who will work 12 hr days

                      5 days a week, for half what I will make.

                      dammit.

                      Anyways, I left for home, and punched in our address to go home, and let the GPS take me there.

                      PA obviously has a lot of hills, and not many exits or a lot of routes to make choices on.

                      You can take the expressway, or... you can let the doggone GPS take you a bunch of back roads.

                      Well, interestingly, the GPS took me the back way, which is a lot worse "back way" than I would ever have imagined...

                      As in, Rt 30 W for a long time through the hills and curves of

                      tiny little run down small towns, to eventually a couple different side routes, then N on state route 11.

                      I don't know why I had to go N, but it was no turning back.

                      then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while, then at one point,

                      I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio...

                      and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

                      The backroads route took me out of PA, across the narrow panhandle of WV, and

                      finally back into Ohio.

                      Now all of this would be impossible unless you have a GPS, or you don't have to fake being a genius

                      and have a photographic memory of a very detailed map.

                      Finally, a few hours later, I ended up in familiar territory - Rt 62 in Alliance.

                      You don't ever want to do this route in the winter. Even if you made it, it would take at least twice as long.

                      And, I stopped in WV at a little store, and the gal behind the counter was wearing a Pollyneedsahaircut (borrowed from Flugels)

                      jersey. Those bandwagon stinkler fans are every freakin where.

                      As it ended up, it took me the same amount of time the back way, as the expressway...eh.. way.

                      Less miles, more gas the back way.

                      I hate PIttsburg, I hate the stupid steelers, and paying a turnpike toll in advance sucks worse than Pollyschmumu's hair is way too long,

                      because he is a girly-man.

                      dammit.

                      Vegasdogg V
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 2 Reputation
                      V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @calfoxwc said:

                      .As in, Rt 30 W for a long time

                      then N on state route 11.

                      then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while,

                      I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio.

                      and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

                      Rt 62 in Alliance.

                      I Know those roads well. My territory was the 4 most Western Counties in PA, and 17 counties in NE/E Ohio. Been on all of those roads many, many times.

                      "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C calfoxwc

                        I wouldn't work in Baltihore if they promised me 21 virgins, 500,000 bucks and twenty new sports cars and

                        my own fishing lake lodge.

                        Once you go there, you have to soak in a tub of vinegar and tomato juice for 48 hours to get the stink off, ya know... 😠

                        Vegasdogg V
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 2 Reputation
                        V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @calfoxwc said:

                        I wouldn't work in Baltihore if they promised me 21 virgins, 500,000 bucks and twenty new sports cars and

                        my own fishing lake lodge.

                        Once you go there, you have to soak in a tub of vinegar and tomato juice for 48 hours to get the stink off, ya know... 😠

                        I disagree. I have been to Baltimore and that town is pretty nice. Same with Pittsburgh. I just happen to hate Ravens and Steelers fans on this board because its all anonymous but most, if not all, of the Steelers fans I know are pretty cool. I don't know any Ravens fans at all, but the city is very cool and the people as well. And for the record, if you offered me $500K and 1 new sports car and a Lexus SUV (you can keep the virgins) I would move to Cleveland. LOL.

                        "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                        B 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • V Vegasdogg

                          @calfoxwc said:

                          I wouldn't work in Baltihore if they promised me 21 virgins, 500,000 bucks and twenty new sports cars and

                          my own fishing lake lodge.

                          Once you go there, you have to soak in a tub of vinegar and tomato juice for 48 hours to get the stink off, ya know... 😠

                          I disagree. I have been to Baltimore and that town is pretty nice. Same with Pittsburgh. I just happen to hate Ravens and Steelers fans on this board because its all anonymous but most, if not all, of the Steelers fans I know are pretty cool. I don't know any Ravens fans at all, but the city is very cool and the people as well. And for the record, if you offered me $500K and 1 new sports car and a Lexus SUV (you can keep the virgins) I would move to Cleveland. LOL.

                          bestplayer52 B
                          • 71 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          B bestplayer52 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @vegasdogg said:

                          I disagree. I have been to Baltimore and that town is pretty nice. Same with Pittsburgh. I just happen to hate Ravens and Steelers fans on this board because its all anonymous but most, if not all, of the Steelers fans I know are pretty cool. I don't know any Ravens fans at all, but the city is very cool and the people as well. And for the record, if you offered me $500K and 1 new sports car and a Lexus SUV (you can keep the virgins) I would move to Cleveland. LOL.

                          Why not look for a job in Cleveland?

                          Cleveland expected to hit 10.3% unemployment by Q4 of 2009.

                          http://www.examiner.com/x-627-Careers-and-...loyment-by-Q409

                          You vote for Obama for free handouts and now are looking for jobs in Pittsburgh. The IRONY is hilarious.

                          Maybe you can get a job selling Browns Super Bowl T-shirts..

                          V 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C calfoxwc

                            When the chips are down, they will be happy to risk breaking opposing players' necks with

                            facemask grabbing, just like PollyHulaSkirt did before...

                            But I had an interview in Pittsburg.

                            So, I drive out to Pittsburg, and on the way out there, on the expressway, there were cars in the

                            Youngstown area with Steeler bumper stickers.

                            One steeler bumper stickered vehicle flew down the expressway, went past me

                            like I was standing still, (no, I was doing 70) and cut just off the rear bumper of a semi,

                            in front of another semi, then he saw the smokie sitting there, and slammed on his brakes to slow down.

                            Well, I'm following the semi he cut in front of, and the semi driver hit his brakes hard, and my cup of coffee

                            slips out of my hand, rolls down my knee, and pops open on my foot.

                            I got the coffee before I got on 76 E.... and just decided it was cool enough to drink.

                            I was wrong, it was hotter than it should ever be. I was just lucky I had my fancy dress shoes off,...

                            they were sitting on the passenger side floor.

                            So, we survived that ordeal, no accident, assured clear distance and good semi brakes....

                            and the semi driver was testing out his air horn a good bit.

                            He was not happy. Maybe his coffee fell and popped open somewhere else..

                            So, I paid my 1.60 cents to get off the turnpike right before PA, and a half mile later, in PA,

                            I pulled up to another toll booth. Instead of getting another stupid toll slip... they charged me

                            and everybody else $3.75 toll.

                            So, I look at him like one of us is a crook, and it isn't me ripping HIM off, and I gave him my Clint Eastwood glare

                            and said:

                            "eh... sorry, but I just got through paying a toll, I think I just need another ticket"

                            well, I was kidding of course. He said in PA they charge the toll ahead of time.

                            I squinted at him more, and paid the goofy toll.

                            So, the guy gave me my receipt, and said, "You know, you look like one of the Everly Brothers"...

                            I said, "It's the suit, it's expensive" and he laughed, and I left.

                            I'm still trying to figure out how I can look like an Everly Brother... but I think it wasn't a compliment,

                            since they are older than I am, assuming they are both still around...

                            Anyways, I arrive at this big building, and there are workers taking a smoke break outside.

                            Yep, they are wearing Steeler jerseys. Real professional. Apparently, every day is bandwagon Steeler fan day

                            in PA...

                            There I was, at the office where my interview is, and the receptionist, a really nice gal, is wearing

                            a Pollymumu jersey. In another office, another gal is wearing a Barfsonhisburger jersey.

                            The interview went great, because on a good day, I can fake being a genius pretty good,

                            so we'll see. It's possible I might have a 6 mo. contract in Pittifulburg, which means I'd had to live there

                            Mon through Thurs, which would really suck if the Steelers beat the Browns both times...

                            Or, I might get to work about 25 hrs a week, telecomuting from home, for 3-5 years, and only come to Pittsblurb

                            when I have meetings with the Java dev team. Hey, he offered it up, and I said I would love that arrangement.

                            So, like I said, the interview went great, which means they probably hire a consultant from India again, who will work 12 hr days

                            5 days a week, for half what I will make.

                            dammit.

                            Anyways, I left for home, and punched in our address to go home, and let the GPS take me there.

                            PA obviously has a lot of hills, and not many exits or a lot of routes to make choices on.

                            You can take the expressway, or... you can let the doggone GPS take you a bunch of back roads.

                            Well, interestingly, the GPS took me the back way, which is a lot worse "back way" than I would ever have imagined...

                            As in, Rt 30 W for a long time through the hills and curves of

                            tiny little run down small towns, to eventually a couple different side routes, then N on state route 11.

                            I don't know why I had to go N, but it was no turning back.

                            then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while, then at one point,

                            I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio...

                            and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

                            The backroads route took me out of PA, across the narrow panhandle of WV, and

                            finally back into Ohio.

                            Now all of this would be impossible unless you have a GPS, or you don't have to fake being a genius

                            and have a photographic memory of a very detailed map.

                            Finally, a few hours later, I ended up in familiar territory - Rt 62 in Alliance.

                            You don't ever want to do this route in the winter. Even if you made it, it would take at least twice as long.

                            And, I stopped in WV at a little store, and the gal behind the counter was wearing a Pollyneedsahaircut (borrowed from Flugels)

                            jersey. Those bandwagon stinkler fans are every freakin where.

                            As it ended up, it took me the same amount of time the back way, as the expressway...eh.. way.

                            Less miles, more gas the back way.

                            I hate PIttsburg, I hate the stupid steelers, and paying a turnpike toll in advance sucks worse than Pollyschmumu's hair is way too long,

                            because he is a girly-man.

                            dammit.

                            BUNSofSTEEL08 BUNSofSTEEL08B
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 8 Reputation
                            BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @calfoxwc said:

                            When the chips are down, they will be happy to risk breaking opposing players' necks with

                            facemask grabbing, just like PollyHulaSkirt did before...

                            But I had an interview in Pittsburg.

                            So, I drive out to Pittsburg, and on the way out there, on the expressway, there were cars in the

                            Youngstown area with Steeler bumper stickers.

                            One steeler bumper stickered vehicle flew down the expressway, went past me

                            like I was standing still, (no, I was doing 70) and cut just off the rear bumper of a semi,

                            in front of another semi, then he saw the smokie sitting there, and slammed on his brakes to slow down.

                            Well, I'm following the semi he cut in front of, and the semi driver hit his brakes hard, and my cup of coffee

                            slips out of my hand, rolls down my knee, and pops open on my foot.

                            I got the coffee before I got on 76 E.... and just decided it was cool enough to drink.

                            I was wrong, it was hotter than it should ever be. I was just lucky I had my fancy dress shoes off,...

                            they were sitting on the passenger side floor.

                            So, we survived that ordeal, no accident, assured clear distance and good semi brakes....

                            and the semi driver was testing out his air horn a good bit.

                            He was not happy. Maybe his coffee fell and popped open somewhere else..

                            So, I paid my 1.60 cents to get off the turnpike right before PA, and a half mile later, in PA,

                            I pulled up to another toll booth. Instead of getting another stupid toll slip... they charged me

                            and everybody else $3.75 toll.

                            So, I look at him like one of us is a crook, and it isn't me ripping HIM off, and I gave him my Clint Eastwood glare

                            and said:

                            "eh... sorry, but I just got through paying a toll, I think I just need another ticket"

                            well, I was kidding of course. He said in PA they charge the toll ahead of time.

                            I squinted at him more, and paid the goofy toll.

                            So, the guy gave me my receipt, and said, "You know, you look like one of the Everly Brothers"...

                            I said, "It's the suit, it's expensive" and he laughed, and I left.

                            I'm still trying to figure out how I can look like an Everly Brother... but I think it wasn't a compliment,

                            since they are older than I am, assuming they are both still around...

                            Anyways, I arrive at this big building, and there are workers taking a smoke break outside.

                            Yep, they are wearing Steeler jerseys. Real professional. Apparently, every day is bandwagon Steeler fan day

                            in PA...

                            There I was, at the office where my interview is, and the receptionist, a really nice gal, is wearing

                            a Pollymumu jersey. In another office, another gal is wearing a Barfsonhisburger jersey.

                            The interview went great, because on a good day, I can fake being a genius pretty good,

                            so we'll see. It's possible I might have a 6 mo. contract in Pittifulburg, which means I'd had to live there

                            Mon through Thurs, which would really suck if the Steelers beat the Browns both times...

                            Or, I might get to work about 25 hrs a week, telecomuting from home, for 3-5 years, and only come to Pittsblurb

                            when I have meetings with the Java dev team. Hey, he offered it up, and I said I would love that arrangement.

                            So, like I said, the interview went great, which means they probably hire a consultant from India again, who will work 12 hr days

                            5 days a week, for half what I will make.

                            dammit.

                            Anyways, I left for home, and punched in our address to go home, and let the GPS take me there.

                            PA obviously has a lot of hills, and not many exits or a lot of routes to make choices on.

                            You can take the expressway, or... you can let the doggone GPS take you a bunch of back roads.

                            Well, interestingly, the GPS took me the back way, which is a lot worse "back way" than I would ever have imagined...

                            As in, Rt 30 W for a long time through the hills and curves of

                            tiny little run down small towns, to eventually a couple different side routes, then N on state route 11.

                            I don't know why I had to go N, but it was no turning back.

                            then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while, then at one point,

                            I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio...

                            and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

                            The backroads route took me out of PA, across the narrow panhandle of WV, and

                            finally back into Ohio.

                            Now all of this would be impossible unless you have a GPS, or you don't have to fake being a genius

                            and have a photographic memory of a very detailed map.

                            Finally, a few hours later, I ended up in familiar territory - Rt 62 in Alliance.

                            You don't ever want to do this route in the winter. Even if you made it, it would take at least twice as long.

                            And, I stopped in WV at a little store, and the gal behind the counter was wearing a Pollyneedsahaircut (borrowed from Flugels)

                            jersey. Those bandwagon stinkler fans are every freakin where.

                            As it ended up, it took me the same amount of time the back way, as the expressway...eh.. way.

                            Less miles, more gas the back way.

                            I hate PIttsburg, I hate the stupid steelers, and paying a turnpike toll in advance sucks worse than Pollyschmumu's hair is way too long,

                            because he is a girly-man.

                            dammit.

                            Lord have mercy dude. You need counseling.

                            Climbing the Stairway...To SEVEN !!
                            V 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I disagree. I have been to Baltimore and that town is pretty nice. Same with Pittsburgh. I just happen to hate Ravens and Steelers fans on this board because its all anonymous but most, if not all, of the Steelers fans I know are pretty cool. I don't know any Ravens fans at all, but the city is very cool and the people as well. And for the record, if you offered me $500K and 1 new sports car and a Lexus SUV (you can keep the virgins) I would move to Cleveland. LOL.Vegasdogg

                              ************************************************************

                              Well, sure, Balt isn't that bad.

                              That's just my way of hating the stupid, stinkin ratbirds.

                              And, I thought it was funny.

                              Actually, the hills around Pitt are beautiful, and the few times I've been downtown, it

                              was clean and a neat place.

                              But, I really hate the Steelers, LOL.

                              Leave it to FoS08 to not have a sense of humor.

                              And that, Frickofsheetyouate, is why you don't get it,

                              and that could require the counseling you so heartily endorse.

                              Browns haven't won a game yet... Hello? Fukosqueal08, is anybody home?

                              Hey, I try not to post my goofy stuff very often, dammit, but I was in the mood

                              to try to give myself and the rest of the BROWNS FANS a few laughs...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • B bestplayer52

                                @vegasdogg said:

                                I disagree. I have been to Baltimore and that town is pretty nice. Same with Pittsburgh. I just happen to hate Ravens and Steelers fans on this board because its all anonymous but most, if not all, of the Steelers fans I know are pretty cool. I don't know any Ravens fans at all, but the city is very cool and the people as well. And for the record, if you offered me $500K and 1 new sports car and a Lexus SUV (you can keep the virgins) I would move to Cleveland. LOL.

                                Why not look for a job in Cleveland?

                                Cleveland expected to hit 10.3% unemployment by Q4 of 2009.

                                http://www.examiner.com/x-627-Careers-and-...loyment-by-Q409

                                You vote for Obama for free handouts and now are looking for jobs in Pittsburgh. The IRONY is hilarious.

                                Maybe you can get a job selling Browns Super Bowl T-shirts..

                                Vegasdogg V
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 2 Reputation
                                V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @bestplayer52 said:

                                Cleveland expected to hit 10.3% unemployment by Q4 of 2009.

                                There are a lot of people affected by this, so I suggest you check yourself. Nevada ranks second and Oregon fifth, two states that make up my sales territory. Lots of people hurting out there and you chose to make a cheap joke about it. Why your ass has not been booted is beyond me. You're a moron and probably in your low 20's living with your parents. Not a funy joke.

                                "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                                B 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08

                                  @calfoxwc said:

                                  When the chips are down, they will be happy to risk breaking opposing players' necks with

                                  facemask grabbing, just like PollyHulaSkirt did before...

                                  But I had an interview in Pittsburg.

                                  So, I drive out to Pittsburg, and on the way out there, on the expressway, there were cars in the

                                  Youngstown area with Steeler bumper stickers.

                                  One steeler bumper stickered vehicle flew down the expressway, went past me

                                  like I was standing still, (no, I was doing 70) and cut just off the rear bumper of a semi,

                                  in front of another semi, then he saw the smokie sitting there, and slammed on his brakes to slow down.

                                  Well, I'm following the semi he cut in front of, and the semi driver hit his brakes hard, and my cup of coffee

                                  slips out of my hand, rolls down my knee, and pops open on my foot.

                                  I got the coffee before I got on 76 E.... and just decided it was cool enough to drink.

                                  I was wrong, it was hotter than it should ever be. I was just lucky I had my fancy dress shoes off,...

                                  they were sitting on the passenger side floor.

                                  So, we survived that ordeal, no accident, assured clear distance and good semi brakes....

                                  and the semi driver was testing out his air horn a good bit.

                                  He was not happy. Maybe his coffee fell and popped open somewhere else..

                                  So, I paid my 1.60 cents to get off the turnpike right before PA, and a half mile later, in PA,

                                  I pulled up to another toll booth. Instead of getting another stupid toll slip... they charged me

                                  and everybody else $3.75 toll.

                                  So, I look at him like one of us is a crook, and it isn't me ripping HIM off, and I gave him my Clint Eastwood glare

                                  and said:

                                  "eh... sorry, but I just got through paying a toll, I think I just need another ticket"

                                  well, I was kidding of course. He said in PA they charge the toll ahead of time.

                                  I squinted at him more, and paid the goofy toll.

                                  So, the guy gave me my receipt, and said, "You know, you look like one of the Everly Brothers"...

                                  I said, "It's the suit, it's expensive" and he laughed, and I left.

                                  I'm still trying to figure out how I can look like an Everly Brother... but I think it wasn't a compliment,

                                  since they are older than I am, assuming they are both still around...

                                  Anyways, I arrive at this big building, and there are workers taking a smoke break outside.

                                  Yep, they are wearing Steeler jerseys. Real professional. Apparently, every day is bandwagon Steeler fan day

                                  in PA...

                                  There I was, at the office where my interview is, and the receptionist, a really nice gal, is wearing

                                  a Pollymumu jersey. In another office, another gal is wearing a Barfsonhisburger jersey.

                                  The interview went great, because on a good day, I can fake being a genius pretty good,

                                  so we'll see. It's possible I might have a 6 mo. contract in Pittifulburg, which means I'd had to live there

                                  Mon through Thurs, which would really suck if the Steelers beat the Browns both times...

                                  Or, I might get to work about 25 hrs a week, telecomuting from home, for 3-5 years, and only come to Pittsblurb

                                  when I have meetings with the Java dev team. Hey, he offered it up, and I said I would love that arrangement.

                                  So, like I said, the interview went great, which means they probably hire a consultant from India again, who will work 12 hr days

                                  5 days a week, for half what I will make.

                                  dammit.

                                  Anyways, I left for home, and punched in our address to go home, and let the GPS take me there.

                                  PA obviously has a lot of hills, and not many exits or a lot of routes to make choices on.

                                  You can take the expressway, or... you can let the doggone GPS take you a bunch of back roads.

                                  Well, interestingly, the GPS took me the back way, which is a lot worse "back way" than I would ever have imagined...

                                  As in, Rt 30 W for a long time through the hills and curves of

                                  tiny little run down small towns, to eventually a couple different side routes, then N on state route 11.

                                  I don't know why I had to go N, but it was no turning back.

                                  then I was instructed to take Rt 46 for a while, then at one point,

                                  I went a long time on Rt 165. I remember seeing a sign pointing to Salem, Ohio...

                                  and I crossed St Rt 14 at one point, which is a long ways from home.

                                  The backroads route took me out of PA, across the narrow panhandle of WV, and

                                  finally back into Ohio.

                                  Now all of this would be impossible unless you have a GPS, or you don't have to fake being a genius

                                  and have a photographic memory of a very detailed map.

                                  Finally, a few hours later, I ended up in familiar territory - Rt 62 in Alliance.

                                  You don't ever want to do this route in the winter. Even if you made it, it would take at least twice as long.

                                  And, I stopped in WV at a little store, and the gal behind the counter was wearing a Pollyneedsahaircut (borrowed from Flugels)

                                  jersey. Those bandwagon stinkler fans are every freakin where.

                                  As it ended up, it took me the same amount of time the back way, as the expressway...eh.. way.

                                  Less miles, more gas the back way.

                                  I hate PIttsburg, I hate the stupid steelers, and paying a turnpike toll in advance sucks worse than Pollyschmumu's hair is way too long,

                                  because he is a girly-man.

                                  dammit.

                                  Lord have mercy dude. You need counseling.

                                  Vegasdogg V
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 2 Reputation
                                  V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

                                  Lord have mercy dude. You need counseling.

                                  Why don't you just find another board if you're going to be a pussy about things all the time? Every other post is you fooking whining about what Browns fans on a fooking Browns message board say about your team and city. Grow a thicker skin homo.

                                  "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                                  BUNSofSTEEL08B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • V Vegasdogg

                                    @bestplayer52 said:

                                    Cleveland expected to hit 10.3% unemployment by Q4 of 2009.

                                    There are a lot of people affected by this, so I suggest you check yourself. Nevada ranks second and Oregon fifth, two states that make up my sales territory. Lots of people hurting out there and you chose to make a cheap joke about it. Why your ass has not been booted is beyond me. You're a moron and probably in your low 20's living with your parents. Not a funy joke.

                                    bestplayer52 B
                                    • 71 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    B bestplayer52 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @vegasdogg said:

                                    There are a lot of people affected by this, so I suggest you check yourself. Nevada ranks second and Oregon fifth, two states that make up my sales territory. Lots of people hurting out there and you chose to make a cheap joke about it. Why your ass has not been booted is beyond me. You're a moron and probably in your low 20's living with your parents. Not a funy joke.

                                    you sound uneducated and desperate. A lot of people are out of work but I found it funny that a Browns fan who hates Pgh comes crawling into the city he despises interviewing for a job..Hey - what is wrong with staying in Cleveland and looking for a job?

                                    You can check your own self and shut up already.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • V Vegasdogg

                                      FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

                                      Lord have mercy dude. You need counseling.

                                      Why don't you just find another board if you're going to be a pussy about things all the time? Every other post is you fooking whining about what Browns fans on a fooking Browns message board say about your team and city. Grow a thicker skin homo.

                                      BUNSofSTEEL08 BUNSofSTEEL08B
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 8 Reputation
                                      BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @vegasdogg said:

                                      Why don't you just find another board if you're going to be a pussy about things all the time? Every other post is you fooking whining about what Browns fans on a fooking Browns message board say about your team and city. Grow a thicker skin homo.

                                      I LOVE you guys that CONSTANTLY play the homo card. Hmmm... Sounds and awful lot like you have something to Hide . And Who is the PUSSY ? The guy who takes 20 minutes of his life to Whine and cry about Pittsburgh and all things Pittsburgh , or the guy who points out that he may just need help pushing himself back to sanity. Its a GAME you Ricardo-head ... And your an azzz for coming to this pantywaist `s defense. And the answer isn't to chase us all off , we have our own board we frequent . Quite being a freaking sissy and whining every time your offended by a Steeler fan saying anything. You Jaggoff... You guys dont want to hear from us , dont bother to mention us. We wont have much to say at all then. And no Offense , you want to attack every Steeler fans Personally ... Big Brave Internet man that you are. Come on dude its a game ... get over us.

                                      Climbing the Stairway...To SEVEN !!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Sad that the Steelers have been winning, and some of their fans are still freakin hateful.

                                        That's what bandwagonerism will do for ya.

                                        OTH, we Browns fans hang in there through thick and thin,

                                        and eventually, we will be winning too.

                                        Which, reminds me of a story... LOL

                                        A neighbor friend walked across the field and brought us a couple of canned pints of peppers.

                                        Well, we ended up deciding that the Browns were going to win tomorrow, and our neighbor explained,

                                        "yeah, because Edwards is gone..."

                                        Seems that he has a friend who was a scout for the Texans back in the day when Edwards was heading for the draft.

                                        He scouted Edwards, and insisted the Texans avoid him like the plague - the kid just couldn't catch the ball.

                                        Came time to draft, and a few other scouts and coaches were thinking Edwards, but

                                        this neighbor's friend insisted "Do NOT draft him, he doesn't catch the ball, he has rock hands"...

                                        So, they passed on Edwards, and the Browns drafted him.

                                        And guess what? Of course - Braylon never could catch the ball but rarely.

                                        And once they had Edwards have a machine throw passes to him.

                                        Of all the footballs thrown to him, Edwards only caught 2 or 3.

                                        BTW, Someone mentioned the tunnels on the PA turnpike...

                                        I almost went through a tunnel, but at the last minute, I got off the exit right before it,

                                        because it was FreakofSteel08 sitting on the expressway...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate