Brian Daboll
-
The problem is we're trying to do the square peg/round hole thing. IF DAs strength is throwing downfield, then let him throw downfield. Screw it, you already knew that the team sucked and we were not making any noise this year.
Uncork your guys and let them play. And design game plans to your player's strengths, not their weaknesses (does it make ANY sense to have DA throwing all short passes when that is what he is bad at?)
-
I doubt it. Daboll's playcalling has improved but he's still pretty bad, which in retrospect isn't saying much about what he was doing in the first few games.
This offense is downright putrid. I'm not even sure if I will want to watch next week's game.
-
I had no problem with the play calling today. This team needs identity and needs to be a running team. You have to keep running it even if the defense knows it. We have never had a good run blocking line if we keep doing it we can become a good running team. This is two weeks in a row we had good running games with different backs. If we start to get anything from the passing game and defense off the field on 3rd and long we might string a couple wins down the stretch. Mangina has 27 new players this year and only Winslow, Davis and now Edwards are starters which means we have nothing but junk to work with. I think hammering the fundamentals playing close to the vest THIS year is the way to go.
-
I definitely question Mangini's consistency with holding people accountable. Braylon traded for drops but royal still starts. Quinn benched for poor performance but DA still starting. What's the deal here and how much longer can Daboll honestly keep a job?
I definitely question Mangini's consistency with holding people accountable. Braylon traded for drops but royal still starts. Quinn benched for poor performance but DA still starting. What's the deal here and how much longer can Daboll honestly keep a job?
i definitely hear ya but after releasing Rucker what other option do we have? if Royal is still here next year i'm gonna go berserk.
with his lack of micromanagement re: OC position, maybe it's Manji that needs some accountability. his hands off approach definitely appears like Daboll has a lot of rope.
**silently prays to football gods "please let us draft a TE and RT in 2010, and get an OC for Xmas!!"**
-
The problem is we're trying to do the square peg/round hole thing. IF DAs strength is throwing downfield, then let him throw downfield. Screw it, you already knew that the team sucked and we were not making any noise this year.
Uncork your guys and let them play. And design game plans to your player's strengths, not their weaknesses (does it make ANY sense to have DA throwing all short passes when that is what he is bad at?)
The problem is we're trying to do the square peg/round hole thing. IF DAs strength is throwing downfield, then let him throw downfield. Screw it, you already knew that the team sucked and we were not making any noise this year.
Uncork your guys and let them play. And design game plans to your player's strengths, not their weaknesses (does it make ANY sense to have DA throwing all short passes when that is what he is bad at?)
worked for Chud.
even if it was briefly. DA needs to spend extra time with the backs and TE's, especially Vickers,and get in sync. and Royal needs to grab his sleeping bag and camp next to the jugs machine. -
Don't tell anyone but I have obtained Daboll's playbook for next week. It is super secret, like CIA secret. I think I can trust you guys with this info. Steelers are screwed!

-
Daboll while improving is still horrible and i dont care who is under center keep in mind mangini and daboll played buffalo a lot and they still had to depend on buffalo to beat themselves..i understand they are installing a new system but they really have got to just let the fricking players play you never build team trust or win much with safe playcalling...its newbie coach 101 crap..
-
The Deball whining is like the Ariens whining. It is the players stupid(especially QB). We got Mack,Thomas and rookie WR. Little else.
-
Don't tell anyone but I have obtained Daboll's playbook for next week. It is super secret, like CIA secret. I think I can trust you guys with this info. Steelers are screwed!

Don't tell anyone but I have obtained Daboll's playbook for next week. It is super secret, like CIA secret. I think I can trust you guys with this info. Steelers are screwed!

Hahahaha
That was awesome. Think we can get Bo Jackson away from Bow-Hunting Alligators long enough to run a few times a game for us?
-
Don't tell anyone but I have obtained Daboll's playbook for next week. It is super secret, like CIA secret. I think I can trust you guys with this info. Steelers are screwed!

Don't tell anyone but I have obtained Daboll's playbook for next week. It is super secret, like CIA secret. I think I can trust you guys with this info. Steelers are screwed!

Hahahaha
That was awesome. Think we can get Bo Jackson away from Bow-Hunting Alligators long enough to run a few times a game for us?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login