Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Josh McDaniels

Josh McDaniels

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
18 Posts 13 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TheBestPlayersPlay T
    • 131 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What a coach.

    "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • dawgpound3 D
      • 694 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      he is good but he had a good team to start with. We don't.

      Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • RestinPeace R
        • 526 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The Broncos offseason was based this year and have had about as many breaks as the Bengals( a game they beat the Bengals, they didn't deserve).

        Tell me in 5 years.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • D dawgpound3

          he is good but he had a good team to start with. We don't.

          Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
          • 6k Posts
          • 221 Reputation
          Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @dawgpound3 said:

          he is good but he had a good team to start with. We don't.

          Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

          Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
          ? P 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • dawgpound3 D
            • 694 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @shepwrite said:

            Kinda cool seeing a 32-year-old coach fist-pumping and psyching up the stadium after a huge win. He's the Anti-Mangini.

            I know. He is fiery and shows emotion. But I sometimes wonder, how the xxxx do you trade away a guy like Cutler, and go 5-0. Just boggles my mind.

            Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • D dawgpound3

              @shepwrite said:

              Kinda cool seeing a 32-year-old coach fist-pumping and psyching up the stadium after a huge win. He's the Anti-Mangini.

              I know. He is fiery and shows emotion. But I sometimes wonder, how the xxxx do you trade away a guy like Cutler, and go 5-0. Just boggles my mind.

              Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
              • 6k Posts
              • 221 Reputation
              Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @dawgpound3 said:

              I know. He is fiery and shows emotion. But I sometimes wonder, how the xxxx do you trade away a guy like Cutler, and go 5-0. Just boggles my mind.

              Coaching.

              Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
              D 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • SAisheretostay S
                • 10 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                S SAisheretostay wrote on last edited by
                #7

                So everyone loves josh. Dont know why. Oh yea he is from Canton Akron area. Oh yea and a Quarterback who coming into this year 22 and 12 as a starter but Orton sucked lol

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                  @dawgpound3 said:

                  I know. He is fiery and shows emotion. But I sometimes wonder, how the xxxx do you trade away a guy like Cutler, and go 5-0. Just boggles my mind.

                  Coaching.

                  dawgpound3 D
                  • 694 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @kosar_for_president said:

                  Coaching.

                  I agree. Our problem lies within the offensive coordinator. Dumb ass playcalling.

                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                    @dawgpound3 said:

                    he is good but he had a good team to start with. We don't.

                    Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

                    Masters ?
                    • Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @kosar_for_president said:

                    Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

                    They were far from a terrible team either. Nor a talent deprived team.

                    But still, McDaniels so far does deserve kuddos for what he has done so far in DEN. He's looking like the only BB pupil to learn a lick.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • OconRecon OconReconO Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 2 Reputation
                      OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @shepwrite said:

                      Kinda cool seeing a 32-year-old coach fist-pumping and psyching up the stadium after a huge win. He's the Anti-Mangini.

                      I agree. It's the style us fans love. I hate Mangini's/Belicheck's demeanor. I like some fire!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Rooster Dick Rooster DickR
                        • 411 Posts
                        • 12 Reputation
                        Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        He's got a truckload of running backs including a fresh rookie. He also has a proven stud WR who can catch the ball, along with a speedy sophmore who can stretch the field. Oh, and the TE isn't bad either.

                        They have playmakers, we don't. But i'm happy to see him win

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • broncoinskinland B
                          • 74 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I know I am a bit biased, but he is awesome. To the guys saying his success is built upon having the foundation already in place, keep in mind he is winning through the defense, which was definitely NOT in place. A lot of that may be Nolan, but there was a guy responsible for bringing Nolan in. I had some unkind things to say about McDaniels early on, I apologize for all of them now. Also, for the Browns, keep in mind Denver's turnaround came on a hotly contested, defensive based game. not saying you will win your next five, or that we will win ours, just food for thought...and hope.

                          BrownIndianB 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • D dawgpound3

                            @kosar_for_president said:

                            Coaching.

                            I agree. Our problem lies within the offensive coordinator. Dumb ass playcalling.

                            blowe B
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 127 Reputation
                            B blowe wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @dawgpound3 said:

                            I agree. Our problem lies within the offensive coordinator. Dumb ass playcalling.

                            Oh really? Not the 20 dropped passes today? How about us not having an NFL caliber QB? Maybe it has something to do with us not having a #1 wide receiver?

                            Sure the playcalling isn't great...but way too many people played that card this season. At some point you need to just man up and make a play.

                            "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • B broncoinskinland

                              I know I am a bit biased, but he is awesome. To the guys saying his success is built upon having the foundation already in place, keep in mind he is winning through the defense, which was definitely NOT in place. A lot of that may be Nolan, but there was a guy responsible for bringing Nolan in. I had some unkind things to say about McDaniels early on, I apologize for all of them now. Also, for the Browns, keep in mind Denver's turnaround came on a hotly contested, defensive based game. not saying you will win your next five, or that we will win ours, just food for thought...and hope.

                              BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 39 Reputation
                              BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @broncoinskinland said:

                              I know I am a bit biased, but he is awesome. To the guys saying his success is built upon having the foundation already in place, keep in mind he is winning through the defense, which was definitely NOT in place. A lot of that may be Nolan, but there was a guy responsible for bringing Nolan in. I had some unkind things to say about McDaniels early on, I apologize for all of them now. Also, for the Browns, keep in mind Denver's turnaround came on a hotly contested, defensive based game. not saying you will win your next five, or that we will win ours, just food for thought...and hope.

                              Well Broncos to the playoffs for sure ....

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                                @dawgpound3 said:

                                he is good but he had a good team to start with. We don't.

                                Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

                                Pumpkin Eater P
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 297 Reputation
                                P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @kosar_for_president said:

                                Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

                                they won 8 games

                                :neutral_face:
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Squintz S
                                  • 508 Posts
                                  • 5 Reputation
                                  S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I know this is a whole bandwagon thread and all, but I can't help but have a part of me also that wishes we could have secured a Pioli/McDaniels tandem here.

                                  I know Pioli hired a different coach in KC, but wasn't that only because McDaniels was already hired in Denver? Or am I wrong on this?

                                  CHANGE IS GOOD
                                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • S Squintz

                                    I know this is a whole bandwagon thread and all, but I can't help but have a part of me also that wishes we could have secured a Pioli/McDaniels tandem here.

                                    I know Pioli hired a different coach in KC, but wasn't that only because McDaniels was already hired in Denver? Or am I wrong on this?

                                    broncoinskinland B
                                    • 74 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    B broncoinskinland wrote on last edited by broncoinskinland
                                    #17

                                    @squintz said:

                                    I know this is a whole bandwagon thread and all, but I can't help but have a part of me also that wishes we could have secured a Pioli/McDaniels tandem here.

                                    I know Pioli hired a different coach in KC, but wasn't that only because McDaniels was already hired in Denver? Or am I wrong on this?

                                    Your Pioli / McDaniels timeline is correct, Josh was hired before Scott got the anchor that is KC hung around his neck. Really though, I think you guys need an experienced GM, not a young guy with a hot hand. There are organizational changes that need to be made in your FO, that I think an experienced guy would be better equipped to deal with. Whoever comes in needs the clout to be able to get Lerner to stay the F outta things and let the football guys run the football operations. Once things get ironed out, and your support staff (from positional coaches to scouting staff and everything in between) gets entrenched, then it is time to grab a young guy with fresh ideas, but some fundamental things appear to be wrong inside the FO, and I doubt a first time GM or HC will solve them for you.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Squintz S
                                      • 508 Posts
                                      • 5 Reputation
                                      S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Formerly Stone said:

                                      That would require an owner taking a break from soccer long enough to know who those two guys are.

                                      LOL!

                                      CHANGE IS GOOD
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      Theme
                                      • System
                                      • Light
                                      • Dark
                                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Forums
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Donate