PLAYOFFS? You're talking PLAYOFFS?
-
Yup...I am talking playoffs. The Browns are currently 9th in the AFC with our next 2 games against Baltimore and Denver (both at home). Winning those 2 games coupled by a loss by any of the following (Indy/NYJ) and we are in 6th place...that's right...PLAYOFF POSITION!!!
This is NOT a pipe dream...with 4 of the next 5 games at home and 3 of them with bottom 16 pass defenses.
-
Sure....why not??
Better than bickering about how we suck, the qb sucks.
We have all off-season for that.

-
No question we're in the hunt. That being said, we have little margin for error when it comes to the wildcard. After Buf/NE/Pit/Ten, this thing is wide, wide open. The beauty of it this year is that our Brownies have a lot of these contenders on the schedule unlike last year when the Titans weren't. Jacksonville, Denver, Baltimore, and Indy to name a few. What's really nice is that we have the tiebreaker with Jax in the bag and the other three come to Cleveland.
Here's another interesting tidbit about the Ravens: they have yet to play anyone from the NFC East, while we only have one such team left. They haven't hit the tough part of their schedule yet.
Getting in this year means a lot more than last year when no one was going to beat the Patriots. This year is setting up a lot like Pittsburgh's run in '05 when the hottest team going in could run the table.
Still, it's a bit early. Let's take care of business at home the next two weeks and then see where we stack up.
-
\ said:
Yup...I am talking playoffs. The Browns are currently 9th in the AFC with our next 2 games against Baltimore and Denver (both at home). Winning those 2 games coupled by a loss by any of the following (Indy/NYJ) and we are in 6th place...that's right...PLAYOFF POSITION!!!This is NOT a pipe dream...with 4 of the next 5 games at home and 3 of them with bottom 16 pass defenses.
I agree that the Browns are right back in the thick of this wildcard race and now they get a chance to take care of business at home against the Ravens and Broncos in 2 games I believe that the Browns are really going to need to win before going on the road to Buffalo on Monday night.
-
This is definitely realistic, especially since Indy plays Tennessee tonight and the NYJ play Buffalo next week. It would've been much more realistic if we could beat those damn Redskins. Oh well, I'll try not to dwell on the past. The Ravens gamn is so damn important. I'm glad that it's in our house at least.

-
Sorry, I see no playoffs in this teams future. I would love to make the playoffs, but do you really think that DA and company will play consistently over the next 9 games? I don't. I hope they prove me wrong. [
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login