What Does Everyone Do For A Living?
-
Physician. Family and Sports Medicine. Rural Ohio.
We're a paperless office, so I carry a laptop around all day as I go room to room, which makes it easy to check the board throughout the day.
In order: Browns, Indians, ND, Blue Jackets and Cavs fan.
Physician. Family and Sports Medicine. Rural Ohio.
We're a paperless office, so I carry a laptop around all day as I go room to room, which makes it easy to check the board throughout the day.
In order: Browns, Indians, ND, Blue Jackets and Cavs fan.
Great profession Ocon. I'm calling you Dr. from now on!
Recent grad from University of Central Florida here and I'm currently partnered with my dad in real estate development and investing. Our company owns a strip mall in Michigan, has stake in 2 Arizona shopping malls, and leases out land to 3 chain restaurants.
-
Politics, is fun, challenging, productive, BENEFICIAL... but I honestly dont think there is a more stressful career choice other than maybe sales... which I do as well
You must be talking COLLEGE politics.
Politics in the real world is NOTHING like you just explained...... 🥷
You must be talking COLLEGE politics.
Politics in the real world is NOTHING like you just explained...... 🥷
well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.
Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...
only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner
-
You must be talking COLLEGE politics.
Politics in the real world is NOTHING like you just explained...... 🥷
well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.
Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...
only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner
well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.
Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...
only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner
well that and you do things because you think they are the right thigns to do.
I wasn't knocking college politics mind you. I was knocking REAL WORLD politics.
Remember I live in a state that was 101 days late in passing it's budget because they are more worried about what will get them votes and not what needs to be done. -
Oz is a New York State Licensed Mental Health Counselor working with individuals living with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, and/or Hepatitis C.
-
I've spent 22 years cleaning latrines. I'm now a Mall Cop.
Brother, there aren't any "latrines" in the Navy!
Brother, there aren't any "latrines" in the Navy!
I realize that. However when dealing with civilians it's best to say it in a word they understand. Also saying "I cleaned heads for 22 years" would get to many sarcastic comments.

-
Brother, there aren't any "latrines" in the Navy!
I realize that. However when dealing with civilians it's best to say it in a word they understand. Also saying "I cleaned heads for 22 years" would get to many sarcastic comments.

would get to many sarcastic comments
You think?
-
would get to many sarcastic comments
You think?
You think?
Police Detective
-
You think?
Police Detective
-
Brother, there aren't any "latrines" in the Navy!
I realize that. However when dealing with civilians it's best to say it in a word they understand. Also saying "I cleaned heads for 22 years" would get to many sarcastic comments.

I realize that. However when dealing with civilians it's best to say it in a word they understand. Also saying "I cleaned heads for 22 years" would get to many sarcastic comments.

LOL! I can see how "cleaning heads" might get you in trouble on this board!
Were you always an MA or did you cross-rate from something else?
-
Sales, Interior/Exterior Architectural Building Products (Oregon/Nevada)
-
I work for the top dialysis provider in the world. I handle commercial collections.
I also DJ on the side.
-
Interior/Exterior Architectural Building Products
What do you sell primarily? It's pretty le gay but I hobby myself with interior design and home improvement.
My place looks like the product of a Home Makeover episode... oh well chicks dig it.
-
Worked for 18+ years in the home remodeling industry, mainly as a kitchen & bath designer and sales. Most recently worked for an appraisal - title management company and currently looking for a new position.
-
@kosar_for_president said:
I don't know what's gayer, this or DieHard cleaning heads for 22 years.Oh I put it out there and I'm damn proud of it!

-
Previously a project manager for a commercial/marine painting contractor. Hospitals, Universities, shopping centers, Marine construction equipment, etc.
Now I'm waiting to begin Dental school and finishing a Bio-chemistry degree.
-
Previously a project manager for a commercial/marine painting contractor. Hospitals, Universities, shopping centers, Marine construction equipment, etc.
Now I'm waiting to begin Dental school and finishing a Bio-chemistry degree.
Previously a project manager for a commercial/marine painting contractor. Hospitals, Universities, shopping centers, Marine construction equipment, etc.
Now I'm waiting to begin Dental school and finishing a Bio-chemistry degree.
Good luck Legacy. I was a pre-dent my first 2 years in college then went business. Had my sights on Pacific's 3 year program but knew it wasn't my craft after doing some assisting and seeing it all. What schools do you like?
-
@kosar_for_president said:
I don't know what's gayer, this or DieHard cleaning heads for 22 years.Oh I put it out there and I'm damn proud of it!

-
Interior/Exterior Architectural Building Products
What do you sell primarily? It's pretty le gay but I hobby myself with interior design and home improvement.
My place looks like the product of a Home Makeover episode... oh well chicks dig it.
-
Just messing with yea. My idea of interior design is a $20 bookshelf from Walmart.
On a budget I see. IKEA is your better option!
-
Previously a project manager for a commercial/marine painting contractor. Hospitals, Universities, shopping centers, Marine construction equipment, etc.
Now I'm waiting to begin Dental school and finishing a Bio-chemistry degree.
Good luck Legacy. I was a pre-dent my first 2 years in college then went business. Had my sights on Pacific's 3 year program but knew it wasn't my craft after doing some assisting and seeing it all. What schools do you like?
Good luck Legacy. I was a pre-dent my first 2 years in college then went business. Had my sights on Pacific's 3 year program but knew it wasn't my craft after doing some assisting and seeing it all. What schools do you like?
Thanks Koa. I took the opposite college track.
Yeah I don't mind the "seeing it all" part, although I'll admit the 1st patient I worked on was a former crackhead and while I was prepared for the visual, the sound of a candy cane being crushed was nearly a stomach turner.
Throughout the experience of the application and everything, I've been in a lot of mouths, and done a lot of free clinic work in some majorly underserved areas and there is definitely a need. The more I've done, the more I want to help. Plus in some cases the near instant removal of pain from their lives is a real cheap & easy way to get a "thank you."

As for schools, I'd like to stay in state (VA) there is only 1. Going out of state is about 3x the $$$ but I can move anywhere for just 4 years so I applied to 10 schools all over the country.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login