Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Jim Rome is Burning

Jim Rome is Burning

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
23 Posts 16 Posters 2.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
    • 3k Posts
    • 197 Reputation
    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
    #1

    Jimmy just lit us up & tore Mangini a new one. I don't have the transcript, but he called him a poor-man's Josh McDaniels and nowhere close to "the hoody".

    Also, our only playmakers are Cribbs & Thomas.

    Ouch.

    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
    C 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • pl4tinum P
      • 504 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      P pl4tinum wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Rome's a bit late to the party. Mike & Mike, PFT and the rest of them already had their way with Mangini like 2 weeks ago.

      2009-10 Browns Prediction: 8-8
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Masters ?
        • Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        ? Masters wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Some highlights:

        Title of the bit was A Low Brown Dirty Shame.

        Why does the win feel like a 4 TD loss.

        Even when the Browns win, they lose.

        Knocked the 2/17 performance and EM backing him as best chance to win.

        Just know that Quinn will probably morph into Joe Montana after being traded.

        Don't look for EM to get the Browns out of their mess.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • JADBF J
          • 15 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          J JADBF wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Rome's a tool who will say what ever he thinks will get him ratings. Gee I wonder what he thought of McDaniels BEFORE denver started winning?

          I am SO TIRED of all these "experts" people want to site because someone somewhere decided they had a good voice or a good face for TV, and yet all they do is spout the conventional wisdom that everyone else is spouting.

          Always a Browns Fan, but I'm still human....Now a card carrying member of the ABFC (Amber's Booty Fan Club)
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • c-dawg ?
            • Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
            #5

            "Thanks!"

            I have been dutifully thanking people as requested. I miss the button. I liked the button.

            S 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Masters ?
              • Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              ? Masters wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Rome is a tool, but I still enjoy him. As Jason said, Rome makes smarmy kind of cool. Plus Rome gives nothing but love for Cleveland sports and fans on his radio show. Cleveland is the town he has done the most appearances at because of the fans. So I tip my cap to him for that.

              I think really the point it, CLE even after winning still manages to be the butt of jokes.

              Legacy FanL 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Mr. T Mr. TM
                • 7k Posts
                • 184 Reputation
                Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I can only remember at halftime when they were speaking of the game they asked, "is this the NFL?"

                Piss Poor Offense. Period.

                Head or Gut?
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ? Guest

                  Rome is a tool, but I still enjoy him. As Jason said, Rome makes smarmy kind of cool. Plus Rome gives nothing but love for Cleveland sports and fans on his radio show. Cleveland is the town he has done the most appearances at because of the fans. So I tip my cap to him for that.

                  I think really the point it, CLE even after winning still manages to be the butt of jokes.

                  Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 197 Reputation
                  Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Masters said:

                  Rome is a tool, but I still enjoy him. As Jason said, Rome makes smarmy kind of cool. Plus Rome gives nothing but love for Cleveland sports and fans on his radio show. Cleveland is the town he has done the most appearances at because of the fans. So I tip my cap to him for that.

                  I think really the point it, CLE even after winning still manages to be the butt of jokes.

                  Agree totally.

                  Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                    Jimmy just lit us up & tore Mangini a new one. I don't have the transcript, but he called him a poor-man's Josh McDaniels and nowhere close to "the hoody".

                    Also, our only playmakers are Cribbs & Thomas.

                    Ouch.

                    chumpchange C
                    • 76 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    C chumpchange wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @legacy-fan said:

                    Jimmy just lit us up & tore Mangini a new one. I don't have the transcript, but he called him a poor-man's Josh McDaniels and nowhere close to "the hoody".

                    Also, our only playmakers are Cribbs & Thomas.

                    Ouch.

                    Agree. I've never liked Mangini; just always seemed like Belichick's shoeshine boy who got lucky being associated with a genius and fooled everyone.

                    And then turned around and bit his ex-boss, who was the one and only reason Mangini became more than a errand runner.

                    I can't stand disloyalty.

                    P 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • RestinPeace R
                      • 526 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      LOL. Who cares about DA. Move on media. He has no future here.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ? Guest

                        "Thanks!"

                        I have been dutifully thanking people as requested. I miss the button. I liked the button.

                        Squintz S
                        • 508 Posts
                        • 5 Reputation
                        S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        c-dawg said:

                        "Thanks!"

                        I have been dutifully thanking people as requested. I miss the button. I liked the button.

                        THANKS!

                        I miss it too. Gives you a chance to recognize a good post from a BS post.

                        CHANGE IS GOOD
                        DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Pumpkin Eater P
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 297 Reputation
                          P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Awesome, I'm glad to see him getting bashed. These talking heads don't know as much as they think. This can only be a good thing.

                          :neutral_face:
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C chumpchange

                            @legacy-fan said:

                            Jimmy just lit us up & tore Mangini a new one. I don't have the transcript, but he called him a poor-man's Josh McDaniels and nowhere close to "the hoody".

                            Also, our only playmakers are Cribbs & Thomas.

                            Ouch.

                            Agree. I've never liked Mangini; just always seemed like Belichick's shoeshine boy who got lucky being associated with a genius and fooled everyone.

                            And then turned around and bit his ex-boss, who was the one and only reason Mangini became more than a errand runner.

                            I can't stand disloyalty.

                            Pumpkin Eater P
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 297 Reputation
                            P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @chumpchange said:

                            Agree. I've never liked Mangini; just always seemed like Belichick's shoeshine boy who got lucky being associated with a genius and fooled everyone.

                            And then turned around and bit his ex-boss, who was the one and only reason Mangini became more than a errand runner.

                            I can't stand disloyalty.

                            yikes.. so Mangini should have let Belichick cheat against him because he was a former employer?

                            I disagree. Belichick was classless for cheating against his former disciple.

                            :neutral_face:
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Vegasdogg V
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 2 Reputation
                              V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Gee let's be like the other ratings whores and copycat the pile on. What a fooking idiot.

                              Rack this you tool.

                              "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • S Squintz

                                c-dawg said:

                                "Thanks!"

                                I have been dutifully thanking people as requested. I miss the button. I liked the button.

                                THANKS!

                                I miss it too. Gives you a chance to recognize a good post from a BS post.

                                DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @squintz said:

                                THANKS!

                                I miss it too. Gives you a chance to recognize a good post from a BS post.

                                It's only a button. You will get over it. Deal.

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 100 Reputation
                                  ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @hiwaygal said:

                                  Yeah, but now you will post and we get to see your pretty face!!! 🙂

                                  I didn't hear this "story"/rant/whatever and I don't know who Jim Rome is...but I like Mangini and I'm optimistic he will turn this team around. It's about the only thing I'm optimistic about (in other words, don't bust my bubble!!! 😛 )

                                  he's a douche who likes to lick his own a-hole. he thinks he's hilarious, he's always right and that his s*** don't stink.

                                  once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Earl34 E
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 11 Reputation
                                    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    First, Eric Mangini is a smart X's and O's coach with a "contagious personality" which totally belies the guy whom we see at the podium. There are numerous NFL people who believe this including Ernie Accorsi, Bill Parcells and, yes, Bill Belicheck. You don't just talk your way into an NFL head coaching job.

                                    Second, Jim Rome didn't watch any of the 2-for-17 performance and I'm sick and tired of people who don't watch the game making such polarizing comments and opinion-laden rants on a game that they didn't watch.

                                    Third, Jim Rome is looking for shock value and nothing more. The problem is that the "hate Mangini" news cycle was two weeks or more ago and in the last two days we're starting into an upswing with the articles by Peter King and the "Mangini is changing" by Florio.

                                    Jim Rome wants you to think that Josh McDaniels' success and Eric Mangini's success are mutually exclusive. They're not.

                                    Answer these questions:

                                    -If Eric Mangini is such a horrible guy, then why did the guy who fired him, the guy who replaced him and multiple Jet players show up en masse to support his youth camp this year on their own time? Why did Dustin Keller get up and sing the praises of EM to the 800 kids?

                                    -If Eric Mangini is a horrible coach then how come he could beat Belichick twice in Foxboro and drill an undefeated Tennessee team on the road?

                                    -If Eric Mangini turned in the Pats for cheating....how come there's no mention that he actually blew the whistle? There's implication but there's not any proof that it wasn't someone else in the organization

                                    -If Eric Mangini is so horrible, then why did Bill Belichick get SO pissed at him for taking the Jets' job? Let's see, get the offer of an NFL HC job at age 34 and turn it down because Bill doesn't like it? What was Bill afraid of? See above.

                                    -If Eric Mangini is such a horrible talent evaluator then how come all but two of his roster cuts in Cleveland are out of the league?

                                    -Here is his draft history with the Jets:

                                    2006

                                    D'Brickashaw Ferguson Virginia

                                    1 Nick Mangold Ohio State

                                    2 Kellen Clemens Oregon

                                    3 Anthony Schlegel Ohio State

                                    3 Eric Smith Michigan State

                                    4 Brad Smith Missouri

                                    4 Leon Washington Florida State

                                    5 Jason Pociask Wisconsin

                                    6 Drew Coleman Texas Christian

                                    7 Titus Adams Nebraska

                                    2007

                                    1 Darrelle Revis Pittsburgh

                                    2 David Harris Michigan

                                    6 Jacob Bender Nicholls State

                                    7 Chansi Stuckey Clemson

                                    2008

                                    Vernon Gholston Ohio State

                                    1 Dustin Keller Purdue

                                    4 Dwight Lowery San Jose State

                                    5 Erik Ainge Tennessee

                                    6 Marcus Henry Kansas

                                    7 Nate Garner Arkansas

                                    All of these guys are still in the league except for Schlegel. I don't wanna hear any more of this Mike Tannenbaum crap either. He's a lawyer and a bean-counter who was brought in by Parcells to manage the cap. He's admitted himself that he's never scouted a player personally.

                                    Sorry guys....as usual....Jim Rome has missed the boat. The Browns' comments on "Moving the Chains" today on NFL Radio were STELLAR regarding the head coach specifically by BOTH hosts. I would trust Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan (who've actually played, coached, GM'd and scouted in this league) over a midget who once called Jim Everett "Chrissy" to the point of getting a beat down.

                                    R S 2 Replies Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Earl34 E
                                      • 1k Posts
                                      • 11 Reputation
                                      E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @inspecta said:

                                      Plus DA has NEVER beaten Pittsburgh. Sigh...

                                      ...but Eric Mangini has. November 18, 2007 during the season where the Jets only won three other games.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Earl34 E
                                        • 1k Posts
                                        • 11 Reputation
                                        E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Inspecta, sarcasm aside....I'm just trying to give you SOMETHING positive to hang onto. Sheesh!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Vegasdogg V
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 2 Reputation
                                          V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Earl that post a few back was outstanding. I am with ya on most of that. Good stuff!!

                                          "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate