Hawks Fan saying Whats Up!
-
hey all. by far NOT a troll, so I wont be acting like one :-).
anyway, wanted to drop by and say hi and ask some questions regarding Quinn. being im here in Seattle and you guys most likely get to hear all the inside crap...
I know what GM said about BQ, but I also know that every coach says that about any player, and people get traded any way. so i tend to take things like that with a grain.
local sports shows here and publications, more and more, keep talking about a possible "Branch+pick trade for Quinn" and that the Seahawks are rumored to be talking to the Browns. Not sure if "talking to" actually means "inquired and shot down", but w/e.
so what is actually going on with the whole Quinn saga right now?
-
hey all. by far NOT a troll, so I wont be acting like one :-).
anyway, wanted to drop by and say hi and ask some questions regarding Quinn. being im here in Seattle and you guys most likely get to hear all the inside crap...
I know what GM said about BQ, but I also know that every coach says that about any player, and people get traded any way. so i tend to take things like that with a grain.
local sports shows here and publications, more and more, keep talking about a possible "Branch+pick trade for Quinn" and that the Seahawks are rumored to be talking to the Browns. Not sure if "talking to" actually means "inquired and shot down", but w/e.
so what is actually going on with the whole Quinn saga right now?
hey all. by far NOT a troll, so I wont be acting like one :-).
anyway, wanted to drop by and say hi and ask some questions regarding Quinn. being im here in Seattle and you guys most likely get to hear all the inside crap...
I know what GM said about BQ, but I also know that every coach says that about any player, and people get traded any way. so i tend to take things like that with a grain.
local sports shows here and publications, more and more, keep talking about a possible "Branch+pick trade for Quinn" and that the Seahawks are rumored to be talking to the Browns. Not sure if "talking to" actually means "inquired and shot down", but w/e.
so what is actually going on with the whole Quinn saga right now?
From the way I understand it Quinn was never liked by Mangini, and his little orange shoe stunt put him in the doghouse. With that said I don't foresee Quinn being traded because of his cap easy contract. All though branch for Quinn would be a great trade in my book.
-
hey all. by far NOT a troll, so I wont be acting like one :-).
anyway, wanted to drop by and say hi and ask some questions regarding Quinn. being im here in Seattle and you guys most likely get to hear all the inside crap...
I know what GM said about BQ, but I also know that every coach says that about any player, and people get traded any way. so i tend to take things like that with a grain.
local sports shows here and publications, more and more, keep talking about a possible "Branch+pick trade for Quinn" and that the Seahawks are rumored to be talking to the Browns. Not sure if "talking to" actually means "inquired and shot down", but w/e.
so what is actually going on with the whole Quinn saga right now?
From the way I understand it Quinn was never liked by Mangini, and his little orange shoe stunt put him in the doghouse. With that said I don't foresee Quinn being traded because of his cap easy contract. All though branch for Quinn would be a great trade in my book.
Dawgfanforever88 said:
From the way I understand it Quinn was never liked by Mangini, and his little orange shoe stunt put him in the doghouse. With that said I don't foresee Quinn being traded because of his cap easy contract. All though branch for Quinn would be a great trade in my book.personally id go for it. I think Quinn, groomed well, could be pretty good down the road, and Wallace is NOT the answer for us when Hass is done (Teel may very well be, but we still need another QB in here). Ive always just watched in horror at the Browns killing their young QB's.
The one issue is that while Quinn's contract is cap friendly, Branch's will KILL you guys. He makes 4.9 mil a year (3.5 guaranteed) plus is slated for a 3 mil roster bonus next year. We signed him in a time of desperate need, and gave him starter money. He is 4th on our depth chart now and hasent played a full season yet.
-
Dawgfanforever88 said:
From the way I understand it Quinn was never liked by Mangini, and his little orange shoe stunt put him in the doghouse. With that said I don't foresee Quinn being traded because of his cap easy contract. All though branch for Quinn would be a great trade in my book.personally id go for it. I think Quinn, groomed well, could be pretty good down the road, and Wallace is NOT the answer for us when Hass is done (Teel may very well be, but we still need another QB in here). Ive always just watched in horror at the Browns killing their young QB's.
The one issue is that while Quinn's contract is cap friendly, Branch's will KILL you guys. He makes 4.9 mil a year (3.5 guaranteed) plus is slated for a 3 mil roster bonus next year. We signed him in a time of desperate need, and gave him starter money. He is 4th on our depth chart now and hasent played a full season yet.
personally id go for it.
DEAL. Charlie Frye Jr is all yours
[offers hand for trade-sealing handshake]
-
If Burger Quinn was from any other state he wouldnt be here. Cribbs is pissed because he knows he can outplay this guy anyday of the week at QB.
Ironically Cribbs wouldnt have been taken by Mangini as a free agent rookie because of his drug indiscretion at Kent state.
Hence Cribbs biggest issue............he goes to a "real team" they feature him as a running back/QB ..you know Bellichick Parcells and Cowher would.
I think Cribbs has a point.
-
Welcome.
I agree about taking what a coach says with a grain of salt..."We're not looking to trade him" doesn't mean you won't trade him.
Mid season trades are pretty rare in the NFL....but if a team made the right offer, I could see it happening.
I would say the chances of moving BQ by Tuesday might be around 15%...which at this point of the season is pretty high.
-
Welcome.
I agree about taking what a coach says with a grain of salt..."We're not looking to trade him" doesn't mean you won't trade him.
Mid season trades are pretty rare in the NFL....but if a team made the right offer, I could see it happening.
I would say the chances of moving BQ by Tuesday might be around 15%...which at this point of the season is pretty high.
Mid season trades are pretty rare in the NFL....but if a team made the right offer, I could see it happening.
I would say the chances of moving BQ by Tuesday might be around 15%...which at this point of the season is pretty high.
I can't see the Browns playing Quinn today no matter what the circumstance. Can't see them risking an injury to him in the event any trade offers are out there.
His contract is so cheap though, they would be better off keeping him as an insurance policy as a back-up and cutting ties with him at seasons end (or obtain atrade then)
-
3rd & 5th would have to be part of the deal,that seems to be Mangini's cocaine,
throw in a ST hoss & Mangini gets the DTs
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login