Dropped passes
-
8 drops in the first game...... i honestly dont even know how many more this game...... I like how suddenly these highly paid PROFESSIONAL athletes cant catch these " hard thown inaccurate balls"...... So DA has to place every ball perfectly and the velocity has to be a specific rate...... sure.........
the ONE drive we scored DA was 4-4 and Momass actually caught almost perfectly thown balls....... suddenly we had offense.........
This is not rocket science as much as the DA bashers want it to be....... its simple if in two games you have over 15 drops you cant offensively compete in the NFL.
-
This thread is about the Receivers ... input?
Yeha, let's give DA a pass because he threw one decent pass all day.
This thread is about a guy that can't throw anything but a 100mph fastball. You notice those sidleline outs that were uncatchable? Gonna blame Robiskie for the high out he couldn't drag his feet on?
You notice the dork that can't handle a snap from center? Or underthrow a gift INT into double coverage?
You notice a guy that can't even complete 50% suck level of his passes?
You notice the guy that sees a jailhouse blitz coming and is clueless about how to handle it? (Go watch Flacco compete a pass given the same situation).
SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS ARE SO USED TO SEEING SHIT QUARTERBACKING, YOU'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT A REAL LIVE GOOD NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.
Yeha, let's give DA a pass because he threw one decent pass all day.
This thread is about a guy that can't throw anything but a 100mph fastball. You notice those sidleline outs that were uncatchable? Gonna blame Robiskie for the high out he couldn't drag his feet on?
You notice the dork that can't handle a snap from center? Or underthrow a gift INT into double coverage?
You notice a guy that can't even complete 50% suck level of his passes?
You notice the guy that sees a jailhouse blitz coming and is clueless about how to handle it? (Go watch Flacco compete a pass given the same situation).
SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS ARE SO USED TO SEEING SHIT QUARTERBACKING, YOU'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT A REAL LIVE GOOD NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.
Perfect analysis of our situation. You can't catch a ball blazing at you 100 mph. DA's got no touch.
Curious how all the receivers just happen to have the dropsies? Common denominator is the awful QB throwing them uncatchable balls.
-
Eventually someone has to make a freakin play. Not everything can be a feather pass in perfect stride right on the numbers.
Eventually someone has to make a freakin play. Not everything can be a feather pass in perfect stride right on the numbers.
I agree.
These guys are paid to catch the ball. It isn't like making many of those "catches" would make some highlight reel. Players all over the league make those catches every Sunday...they make them on Saturday.
Sooner or later we need players to make plays.
-
The Recievers need to catch the ball, whenever a defender has a chance to intercept one of DA's passes. they intercept it!
-
This is Bullshit. How can anyone on that team not walk out on to the field and grab MoMass by the face mask and rip him a new asshole?
Do you guys watch other games & high lights? Is it me or does every other team in the league have guys with five fingers on each hand?
This is Bullshit. How can anyone on that team not walk out on to the field and grab MoMass by the face mask and rip him a new asshole?
Do you guys watch other games & high lights? Is it me or does every other team in the league have guys with five fingers on each hand?
I have yet to see 1 defender DROP the ball on DA so this excuse he throws the ball too hard is silly. They showed a video collage of 8 passes dropped vrs Buffalo. The average professional RB, TE or WR can make those catches. In 1 breath we want blame the OC for bad play calling but in the OTHER breath we need to find out WHO we can trust. That can't be easy calling plays right now. Parcells would have cut every receiver that couldn't catch the ball if he watched history repeat itself too many times.
There's times he can add some touch but there's ALSO times our WRs need to come BACK to the ball and close on it when applicable. Guys that aren't SCARED can concentrate and focus. Guys that are scared are in the wrong business. It's up to those at the business end to decide if we waste the next 10 weeks on dropping easy passes or we sign guys like maybe Marvin Harrison or even Matt Jones. It's not like we have much of an alternative. We can also pray Heiden gets healthy enough to play again.
- Tom F.
-
LOL....you do make a point....if a friggen DB can catch it, why can't we???
-
We have clearly seen proof that we do not need Braylon Edwards on this team. Our guys can drop balls just fine without him!
-
Robiskie was able to handle those darts thrown by DA. I'd like to see more of him. Granted he only caught 2 balls (and one was out of bounds), but he has good hands. Let's start throwing to the guys who can catch...Robo, Furry...am I missing anyone?
Robiskie was able to handle those darts thrown by DA. I'd like to see more of him. Granted he only caught 2 balls (and one was out of bounds), but he has good hands. Let's start throwing to the guys who can catch...Robo, Furry...am I missing anyone?
that won't happen, DA only throws to the primary reciever. just like in madden where players only throw to the orange route. thats why almoast all his passes were to braylon when on the team, and now to momass. DA only throws to the orange route.
-
I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.
Mike
-
Derrick Anderson had a decent game today. It was not the best but most of his passes should have been caught by these "professionals". Jerrry Rice once said if the ball hits you in the hands your supposed to catch it. Momass had a decent game when he caught the ball. Robo looks to do alright when he gets the ball thrown at him. His separation in college was not that good so that could be a reason why he does not get many passes his way.
-
I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.
Mike
I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.
Mike
Which I agree.
But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.
-
I think we have talent at the WR position but I think that it comes down to the mentality around Berea and in the locker room. Look at Edwards first game with the Jets. He was catching everything thrown at him.... We need to get someone like singletary or cowher in there. Were to soft in all aspects!!! Its pissing me off!
-
I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.
Mike
Which I agree.
But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.
But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.
You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.
Mike
-
Formerly Stone said:
I think DA throws an uncatchable ball! Catching passes is a precise, touch, thing, intercepting is different.....that makes no sense at all.......
-
But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.
You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.
Mike
You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.
Mike
Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.
-
You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.
Mike
Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.
Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.
I'm on board the receivers have to do a better job holding onto the ball- I'd hope you guys are on board that Anderson needs to be sat down, he's as big a part of the problem. If not Quinn, put in Ratliff.
-
DA stunk up the joint. FACT.
If DA throws one of his 5-10 yd CANNONBALLS,
he could hit a mature rhinocerous in the forehead, and knock it out.
He is unathletic, CHOKES under most any pressure, and makes really
simple things look impossible, like looking off receivers instead of staring them down,
and moving feet to avoid a sack.
Da couldn't avoid a slow motion wheelbarrow loaded with a lb of gravel.
Just because DA didn't throw TEN anderceptions, doesn't mean he played a good game.

-
Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.
I'm on board the receivers have to do a better job holding onto the ball- I'd hope you guys are on board that Anderson needs to be sat down, he's as big a part of the problem. If not Quinn, put in Ratliff.
I'm on board the receivers have to do a better job holding onto the ball- I'd hope you guys are on board that Anderson needs to be sat down, he's as big a part of the problem. If not Quinn, put in Ratliff.
Normally I would agree. The fact he is playing says to me that BQ said or did something above and beyond the shoes that will keep him on the bench.
I don't see Quinn anywhere on the sidelines. What happened to the back-up being up near the coach and starter....listening in to calls, talking to the other qb...I mean the guy is one snap away from being the starter. Seems he needs to have his head in the game.
That doesn't mean he isn't in the game, but it sure doesn't look like it to these seasoned eyes.
Maybe there was more of that then noticed.
I will be at Sundays Packer game with binoculars in hand. I am going to spend a good deal of time scanning the sidelines to watch for that and how the players are grouping in general.
That is if BQ is still on the team come Sunday.
I get the feeling BQ is the 3rd qb on this team with Cribbs the 2nd option if something happend to Anderson.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login