Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    I look forward to the cold weather games myself as well. But I look forward to watching them on my tv not sitting in the stands.

    @mark-o said:

    Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    That was funny, anyway on the exact day last year 12/6/08 it was a high of 29 low of 15 with 3 inches of snow. Plus the wind chill off the lake and you got a blistery white out hell. You better grab that snuggie just in case

  • @mark-o said:

    Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    That was funny, anyway on the exact day last year 12/6/08 it was a high of 29 low of 15 with 3 inches of snow. Plus the wind chill off the lake and you got a blistery white out hell. You better grab that snuggie just in case

    nmills said:

    That was funny, anyway on the exact day last year 12/6/08 it was a high of 29 low of 15 with 3 inches of snow. Plus the wind chill off the lake and you got a blistery white out hell. You better grab that snuggie just in case

    I wonder if it's too late to cancel my flight.

  • Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    I look forward to the cold weather games myself as well. But I look forward to watching them on my tv not sitting in the stands.

    @mark-o said:

    Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    I look forward to the cold weather games myself as well. But I look forward to watching them on my tv not sitting in the stands.

    Once or twice a year I can adjust.

    Having season tickets, I do have some cold weather gear.....if you don't....buy some foot warmers....little packs you can place under your toes that produce heat for 4-5 hours......you can buy them for a buck each at any good outdoors store....I assume you have those where you live....heck Bubba....i will bring you two...put them in your shoes a little before you break the tailgate lot. You will be good to go until 7 PM...and by then you are walking again.

  • Ask me "purty" and i will bring some real shine...not the fake stuff, though the guy I get it from does a nice job and cuts it so it is "only" about 160 proof...no need going blind to warm up.

  • I can probably find me some foot warmers, we have REI stores here. I'm tempted to get the snuggie, just in case but I'll wait a bit longer to check out the forecast.

    As I've told Skippy before, the warmest thing I own is those 3/4 length golf windbreaker jackets.

  • LMFAO ... Nice new snuggie ... feet warmers ... all you need is a hat!

    41-97699-F.jpg

  • LMFAO ... Nice new snuggie ... feet warmers ... all you need is a hat!

    41-97699-F.jpg

    @atenears said:

    LMFAO ... Nice new snuggie ... feet warmers ... all you need is a hat!

    41-97699-F.jpg

    Fitting Stan, we are the Court Jesters of the NFL.

    BTW Mark if you're worried- between my cold weather cycling and mountaineering, I have enough cold weather gear to spare to mount an expedition to Antarctica if need be. Let me know.

  • THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

    TAILGATE GROUPS TEN YEAR ANNAVERSARY - TBB APPRECIATION WEEKEND

    December 4th-6th, 2009

    With Howard & G-man coming in from England, Keith from the UK and Mark from San Diego, we thought we would use the weekend of December 4th, 5th, & 6th for our Tailgate Party 10-yr Annaversary and TheBrownsBoards Appreciation party.

    FRIDAY NIGHT 12/04/09, join us for a CAVS GAME:

    Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls 8:00pm, Friday December 4th, 2009

    We will be meeting prior to the game at the Hard Rock Cafe for drinks between 6:15pm & 7:15pm. Then head over to the Arena together to take-in the game from a corporate suite. Food & Spirits provided in the suite.

    SATURDAY NIGHT 12/05/09, open for suggestions.

    Idea’s:

    * Cleveland's official Browns Backers Party at the Blind Pig from 6pm to 8pm.

    * Get together for SEC Championship Game in Middleburg Hts./Berea area

    * Attend the Ohio High School DI State Championship Game in Canton Ohio between Glenville & Hilliard Davidson.

    * Dinner and a few drinks, chill for a relaxing night, calm before the storm.

    Suggestions?

    SUNDAY 12/06/09, Cleveland Browns Game Day

    9:00am – Tailgate Party Kicks-off, with special celebration, revive old traditions, and fun

    4:05pm – Browns vs San Diego Chargers

    (Game Tickets secured on your own)

    We are inviting all members to plan for this occasion.

    Haven’t been in for one of our Tailgate Parties yet? Visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm (Main Tailgate Page)

    For Hotel Lodging & Air/Ground transportation, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/thebrownsboard_hotel_directory.htm

    Map & Directions: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Site.htm

    Most other Q&A’s, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Party%20QA.html

    If you need any help with travel arrangements, please advise.

    Bring the message board to life, meet the crew and many members. It makes the experience here that much better. Help Ed carry the 100lb grill … Drink Hoorta’s orange ‘blood of the Browns’ … Watch Zippy get arrested … See Skippy in his plastic diaper pants … Have a flaming Jello-shot … Watch Flugel do a beer bong while standing on his head … Watch the California homo (Marko) freeze his ass off in 30-degree weather … toss Don a cigar as he prepares the grub … Raunchy Christmas songs by Westside Steve(?) … and much, much more!

    Browns%20Board%20Wk1%202008.jpg

    Howie2.jpgthe%20browns%20board.jpgThe%20Browns%20Board%20Night%20Out2.jpg

    @admin-0 said:

    THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

    TAILGATE GROUPS TEN YEAR ANNAVERSARY - TBB APPRECIATION WEEKEND

    December 4th-6th, 2009

    With Howard & G-man coming in from England, we thought we would use the weekend of December 4th, 5th, & 6th for our Tailgate Party 10-yr Annaversary and TheBrownsBoards Appreciation party.

    FRIDAY NIGHT 12/04/09, join us for a CAVS GAME:

    Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls 8:00pm, Friday December 4th, 2009

    We most likely will plan on meeting prior to the game at a local establishment, such as Pannini’s or the Winking Lizard for a few beverages and/or meal. Then gather again at the Hard Rock Café for an after game beverage.

    Stay Tuned for more details (Cavs tickets secured on your own)

    SATURDAY NIGHT 12/05/09, open for suggestions.

    Idea’s:

    * Get together for College Football

    * Visit an area Ohio High School State Playoff Game

    * Dinner, chill for a relaxing night, calm before the storm.

    Suggestions?

    SUNDAY 12/06/09, Cleveland Browns Game Day

    9:00am – Tailgate Party Kicks-off, with special celebration, revive old traditions, and fun

    4:05pm – Browns vs San Diego Chargers

    (Game Tickets secured on your own)

    We are inviting all members to plan for this occasion.

    Haven’t been in for one of our Tailgate Parties yet? Visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm (Main Tailgate Page)

    For Hotel Lodging & Air/Ground transportation, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/thebrownsboard_hotel_directory.htm

    Map & Directions: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Site.htm

    Most other Q&A’s, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Party%20QA.html

    If you need any help with travel arrangements, please advise.

    Bring the message board to life, meet the crew and many members. It makes the experience here that much better. Help Ed carry the 100lb grill … Drink Hoorta’s orange ‘blood of the Browns’ … Watch Zippy get arrested … See Skippy in his plastic diaper pants … Have a flaming Jello-shot … Watch Flugel do a beer bong while standing on his head … Meet Marko the Chic magnet … toss Don a cigar as he prepares the grub … Raunchy Christmas songs by Westside Steve … and much, much more!

    Browns%20Board%20Wk1%202008.jpg

    Howie2.jpgthe%20browns%20board.jpgThe%20Browns%20Board%20Night%20Out2.jpg

    Hey guys count on me, the wife and couple of kids (over 21 and well trained) Sunday for sure and most likely Sat night too!. Cant F-ing wait![/size] 😁 [/size]

  • Great Tink, will be good seeing you again.

  • @atenears said:

    LMFAO ... Nice new snuggie ... feet warmers ... all you need is a hat!

    41-97699-F.jpg

    Fitting Stan, we are the Court Jesters of the NFL.

    BTW Mark if you're worried- between my cold weather cycling and mountaineering, I have enough cold weather gear to spare to mount an expedition to Antarctica if need be. Let me know.

    @hoorta said:

    Fitting Stan, we are the Court Jesters of the NFL.

    BTW Mark if you're worried- between my cold weather cycling and mountaineering, I have enough cold weather gear to spare to mount an expedition to Antarctica if need be. Let me know.

    I'm only worried about dying of exposure. I don't think the snuggie is for me. I'd rather try to keep warm drinking orange shit than wear that thing. I'm hoping that it isn't 29 and snowing and closer to the balmy 50 that skippy has been promising.

    But as we get closer, I'll get in touch with you for more cold weather gear!

  • Seriously, we went to a Browns game so many years ago, and it was a blizzard, really, really cold.

    I found out that the inflatable browns helmets actually do a great job of keeping the wind off your face,

    insulates from the cold pretty well.

    Well, it doesn't look as dumb as the court jester hat.... GGG

  • Buy your ticket yet?

    When you do you can talk, until then you're just a homo who is afraid of the cold.

    I may be complaining about the cold but at least I'll be there.

  • Buy your ticket yet?

    When you do you can talk, until then you're just a homo who is afraid of the cold.

    I may be complaining about the cold but at least I'll be there.

    @mark-o said:

    Buy your ticket yet?

    When you do you can talk, until then you're just a homo who is afraid of the cold.

    I may be complaining about the cold but at least I'll be there.

    As for game ticket, I have one I will GIVE Z if he makes the trip...ok...he can buy me a stadium beer or two if he chooses.

    Otherwise, I will probably give it to some Hooter's girl...not that she would use it...she would probably give it to her Uncle Ernie, the MIG welder from Lorain.

  • @mark-o said:

    Buy your ticket yet?

    When you do you can talk, until then you're just a homo who is afraid of the cold.

    I may be complaining about the cold but at least I'll be there.

    As for game ticket, I have one I will GIVE Z if he makes the trip...ok...he can buy me a stadium beer or two if he chooses.

    Otherwise, I will probably give it to some Hooter's girl...not that she would use it...she would probably give it to her Uncle Ernie, the MIG welder from Lorain.

    @ballpeen said:

    As for game ticket, I have one I will GIVE Z if he makes the trip...ok...he can buy me a stadium beer or two if he chooses.

    Otherwise, I will probably give it to some Hooter's girl...not that she would use it...she would probably give it to her Uncle Ernie, the MIG welder from Lorain.

    And what a cute couple the two of you would make at the game 🙄

    I asked skippy a few weeks ago if I should take you up on the extra ticket that you have and he is still looking at finding tickets apparently. If Zombo wusses out and Skippy can't find me a ticket, I'll take you up on your ticket, I'll even buy you more than two stadium beers if you would like.

  • @ballpeen said:

    As for game ticket, I have one I will GIVE Z if he makes the trip...ok...he can buy me a stadium beer or two if he chooses.

    Otherwise, I will probably give it to some Hooter's girl...not that she would use it...she would probably give it to her Uncle Ernie, the MIG welder from Lorain.

    And what a cute couple the two of you would make at the game 🙄

    I asked skippy a few weeks ago if I should take you up on the extra ticket that you have and he is still looking at finding tickets apparently. If Zombo wusses out and Skippy can't find me a ticket, I'll take you up on your ticket, I'll even buy you more than two stadium beers if you would like.

    @mark-o said:

    And what a cute couple the two of you would make at the game 🙄

    I asked skippy a few weeks ago if I should take you up on the extra ticket that you have and he is still looking at finding tickets apparently. If Zombo wusses out and Skippy can't find me a ticket, I'll take you up on your ticket, I'll even buy you more than two stadium beers if you would like.

    I didn't know you didn't have one.....it's yours if you want it....it's a good seat....sect 534.....you can get a view from the Browns site...

  • Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

  • Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Can you give me and the G Man some suggestions on how we can get to Middleburg when we meet up on Friday night for the Cavs. We'll make our way from the blind pig over to where you guys are. Keeping it low key is probably a good idea, I want to see if I can avoid turning yellow this trip.

    Howie.

  • @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Can you give me and the G Man some suggestions on how we can get to Middleburg when we meet up on Friday night for the Cavs. We'll make our way from the blind pig over to where you guys are. Keeping it low key is probably a good idea, I want to see if I can avoid turning yellow this trip.

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    Can you give me and the G Man some suggestions on how we can get to Middleburg when we meet up on Friday night for the Cavs. We'll make our way from the blind pig over to where you guys are. Keeping it low key is probably a good idea, I want to see if I can avoid turning yellow this trip.

    Howie.

    Yeah, still working on that. I'll try to have everything figured out for ya by time I see you Friday.

    Safe Travels!

  • Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

  • @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

    @ballpeen said:

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

    Hey Peen, are you planning on watching the SEC game downtown somewhere? Me and the G Man should have our Orange and Brown merchandise shopping concluded by then, would be delighted to buy you a beer and catch the game with you.

    Stan, looking forward to sharing a few on Friday night for sure and getting the battle plans drawn up for the remainder of the weekend. Pity that Zombo is staying in Naples to go bikini shopping......for himself.

    H