Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Can you give me and the G Man some suggestions on how we can get to Middleburg when we meet up on Friday night for the Cavs. We'll make our way from the blind pig over to where you guys are. Keeping it low key is probably a good idea, I want to see if I can avoid turning yellow this trip.

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    Can you give me and the G Man some suggestions on how we can get to Middleburg when we meet up on Friday night for the Cavs. We'll make our way from the blind pig over to where you guys are. Keeping it low key is probably a good idea, I want to see if I can avoid turning yellow this trip.

    Howie.

    Yeah, still working on that. I'll try to have everything figured out for ya by time I see you Friday.

    Safe Travels!

  • Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

  • @atenears said:

    Guys, I'll try to finalize some plans for Saturday Night. I'm leaning toward just getting together for a bite to eat, watch football and take it easy. We have a long Tailgate Party (4pm kickoff) the next day.

    Any suggestions? I'm going to suggest we get a large table at Damon's in Middleburg Hts.

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

    @ballpeen said:

    Sounds good to me, though I know from 3-7PM I am going to be somewhere to watch the SEC title game.

    After that, it will be some celebrating or going back to the room, get under the sheets and curl up in to the fetal position. 😉

    Hey Peen, are you planning on watching the SEC game downtown somewhere? Me and the G Man should have our Orange and Brown merchandise shopping concluded by then, would be delighted to buy you a beer and catch the game with you.

    Stan, looking forward to sharing a few on Friday night for sure and getting the battle plans drawn up for the remainder of the weekend. Pity that Zombo is staying in Naples to go bikini shopping......for himself.

    H

  • Hey Peen, are you planning on watching the SEC game downtown somewhere?

    In all honesty, I am not sure. A good friend of mine who I met here 20 years ago in our quest to watch Browns games moved back to Cleveland 4 years ago...anyway, he stopped in the bar yesterday as he was visiting his mother who still lives here. Quite the surprise. We get together quite a bit when I go up for games, so we are planning to get together on that Saturday and am going to leave it up to him on where and what we do....as long as my butt is in front of a tv at 3pm.

    His brother was also up and said something about heading to his house in Mentor for a big Italian shin-dig...lot's of guys named Mikey, Vinny, Tony, Frankie....you get the picture.

    I think the best is we will meet up Sunday morning some time.

    See you then

  • Hey Peen, are you planning on watching the SEC game downtown somewhere?

    In all honesty, I am not sure. A good friend of mine who I met here 20 years ago in our quest to watch Browns games moved back to Cleveland 4 years ago...anyway, he stopped in the bar yesterday as he was visiting his mother who still lives here. Quite the surprise. We get together quite a bit when I go up for games, so we are planning to get together on that Saturday and am going to leave it up to him on where and what we do....as long as my butt is in front of a tv at 3pm.

    His brother was also up and said something about heading to his house in Mentor for a big Italian shin-dig...lot's of guys named Mikey, Vinny, Tony, Frankie....you get the picture.

    I think the best is we will meet up Sunday morning some time.

    See you then

    @ballpeen said:

    In all honesty, I am not sure. A good friend of mine who I met here 20 years ago in our quest to watch Browns games moved back to Cleveland 4 years ago...anyway, he stopped in the bar yesterday as he was visiting his mother who still lives here. Quite the surprise. We get together quite a bit when I go up for games, so we are planning to get together on that Saturday and am going to leave it up to him on where and what we do....as long as my butt is in front of a tv at 3pm.

    His brother was also up and said something about heading to his house in Mentor for a big Italian shin-dig...lot's of guys named Mikey, Vinny, Tony, Frankie....you get the picture.

    I think the best is we will meet up Sunday morning some time.

    See you then

    No problem, say hello to Mickey Blue Eyes for me and see you Sunday morning.

    H

  • Friday Nights the Cavs game. I will get back to you all on where we should meet, I'll rely on Ed for that part. If I were to suggest an establishment to meet at, I'd say let's meet at the Hard Rock Cafe (My buddy Dennis manages that place) prior to the game ... but hold off for now, that is not for sure.

    Saturday, I'm a little unsure if we will even plan anything. Howard and G-man are taking in a little Blind Pig action. Mark is arriving in that afternoon ... I'm pussing out and would love to avoid a heavy day/night of drinking and then feel like shit through the entire 7-hour long tailgate party the next day. There also could be the possibility of attending the High School State Playoff game(s) in Canton (next to the Pro Football Hall of Fame), but if Mark thinks it is cold for Browns games, try the open-end venues of High School Football at night, it's 3x's colder! I'm leaning toward dinner, scoping Milf's, a few beers and in bed by midnight ... what most likely will happen is that I pick Mark up from airport, head straight to the Blind Pig, hit thirty bars downtown with the foreigners (Howie, G-man & Keith), pop bail by 6:00am, head home; shit & shower and be back to sacred Tailgate land by 9:18am.

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm. I can pick-up anyone staying at the hotels in Middleburg Hts. My candy-Apple red Mini Van departs at 9:00am sharp! (unless HagII delays me with twenty stops for cigs, atm, burger king, laxatives, gas, hand/feet warmers, etc...)

  • Friday Nights the Cavs game. I will get back to you all on where we should meet, I'll rely on Ed for that part. If I were to suggest an establishment to meet at, I'd say let's meet at the Hard Rock Cafe (My buddy Dennis manages that place) prior to the game ... but hold off for now, that is not for sure.

    Saturday, I'm a little unsure if we will even plan anything. Howard and G-man are taking in a little Blind Pig action. Mark is arriving in that afternoon ... I'm pussing out and would love to avoid a heavy day/night of drinking and then feel like shit through the entire 7-hour long tailgate party the next day. There also could be the possibility of attending the High School State Playoff game(s) in Canton (next to the Pro Football Hall of Fame), but if Mark thinks it is cold for Browns games, try the open-end venues of High School Football at night, it's 3x's colder! I'm leaning toward dinner, scoping Milf's, a few beers and in bed by midnight ... what most likely will happen is that I pick Mark up from airport, head straight to the Blind Pig, hit thirty bars downtown with the foreigners (Howie, G-man & Keith), pop bail by 6:00am, head home; shit & shower and be back to sacred Tailgate land by 9:18am.

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm. I can pick-up anyone staying at the hotels in Middleburg Hts. My candy-Apple red Mini Van departs at 9:00am sharp! (unless HagII delays me with twenty stops for cigs, atm, burger king, laxatives, gas, hand/feet warmers, etc...)

    @atenears said:

    scoping Milf's

    I'm in. 😉

  • @atenears said:

    scoping Milf's

    I'm in. 😉

    @howiedawg said:

    I'm in. 😉

    OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

    Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

    I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. 🙂

  • @howiedawg said:

    I'm in. 😉

    OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

    Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

    I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

    Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

    I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. 🙂

    Hoorta, that sounds awesome, especially the DVDS! superb.

    I'll PM you with my cell number so we can hook up.

  • Friday Nights the Cavs game. I will get back to you all on where we should meet, I'll rely on Ed for that part. If I were to suggest an establishment to meet at, I'd say let's meet at the Hard Rock Cafe (My buddy Dennis manages that place) prior to the game ... but hold off for now, that is not for sure.

    Saturday, I'm a little unsure if we will even plan anything. Howard and G-man are taking in a little Blind Pig action. Mark is arriving in that afternoon ... I'm pussing out and would love to avoid a heavy day/night of drinking and then feel like shit through the entire 7-hour long tailgate party the next day. There also could be the possibility of attending the High School State Playoff game(s) in Canton (next to the Pro Football Hall of Fame), but if Mark thinks it is cold for Browns games, try the open-end venues of High School Football at night, it's 3x's colder! I'm leaning toward dinner, scoping Milf's, a few beers and in bed by midnight ... what most likely will happen is that I pick Mark up from airport, head straight to the Blind Pig, hit thirty bars downtown with the foreigners (Howie, G-man & Keith), pop bail by 6:00am, head home; shit & shower and be back to sacred Tailgate land by 9:18am.

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm. I can pick-up anyone staying at the hotels in Middleburg Hts. My candy-Apple red Mini Van departs at 9:00am sharp! (unless HagII delays me with twenty stops for cigs, atm, burger king, laxatives, gas, hand/feet warmers, etc...)

    @atenears said:

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm.

    I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

    I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

    I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

  • @howiedawg said:

    I'm in. 😉

    OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

    Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

    I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved.

    Great! Larry, how many in your group for Sunday? Looking forward to seeing you.

  • @atenears said:

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm.

    I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

    I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

    I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

    @ballpeen said:

    I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

    I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

    I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

    Gumbo (an old previous member here) and I use to get down there at like 6am and cook omlets for the homeless. I now have to tow the Hag and she slows me down ...

    (Relax Francis, it's a 4pm kick-off)

  • I am as relaxed as they come..4pm starts give plenty of time for camaraderie..

    If I am a little late, it means I got hung up saying good-by to Hooper and the gang.

    I got it...I can take the train back...saves a lot of walking. It's a pretty good hike from the far end of the muni to the landing in the flats.

  • The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

  • The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    @mark-o said:

    The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

  • @mark-o said:

    The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    @howiedawg said:

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

  • @howiedawg said:

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    @sperk said:

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

  • @sperk said:

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

    @atenears said:

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

    Now heres a scarey thought, how about all of us going shirtless with maybe BROWNSBOARD.COM on us jk

  • Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

  • Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    @mark-o said:

    Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    That works for me then we could have a good game of ring toss it will be cold enough