THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND
-
I'm in.

OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.
Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.
I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway.

-
Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm.
I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.
I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.
I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...
I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.
I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.
I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...
Gumbo (an old previous member here) and I use to get down there at like 6am and cook omlets for the homeless. I now have to tow the Hag and she slows me down ...
(Relax Francis, it's a 4pm kick-off)
-
I am as relaxed as they come..4pm starts give plenty of time for camaraderie..
If I am a little late, it means I got hung up saying good-by to Hooper and the gang.
I got it...I can take the train back...saves a lot of walking. It's a pretty good hike from the far end of the muni to the landing in the flats.
-
The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.
I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.
Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....
-
The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.
I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.
Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....
The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.
I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.
Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....
Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.
-
The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.
I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.
Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....
Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.
Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.
Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend
-
Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.
Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend
Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend
Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.
There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.
I'm going shirtless ...
-
Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend
Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.
There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.
I'm going shirtless ...
Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.
There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.
I'm going shirtless ...
Now heres a scarey thought, how about all of us going shirtless with maybe BROWNSBOARD.COM on us jk
-
Thats a disturbing thought.
How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?
-
Sounds like a plan to me..
39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.
That said...
Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.
I hope it snows....I'm ready.
The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.
-
Sounds like a plan to me..
39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.
That said...
Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.
I hope it snows....I'm ready.
The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.
Sounds like a plan to me..
39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.
That said...
Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.
I hope it snows....I'm ready.
The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.
I usually pack a big duffle bag full of all sorts of clothes for all weather. I then step out into the tailgate party for the first few minutes to get a feel for what the temps are downtown and then decide my wear from there. Packing up the Candy-Apple-Red Chick Magnet in my driveway some days can feel pretty warm, but downtown is awhole different story.
I'll share some plastic shit with ya.
-
A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).
I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.
-
A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).
I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.
A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).
I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.
That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.
-
I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.
Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...
Skippy?
-
Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.
By the fourth quarter, I'm predicting all 20- or whatever- of us will have no problem sitting together in Section 134 (50 yard line, lower deck).
Don't ask my prediction of the score at that point- you wouldn't like it.
-
Sounds like a plan to me..
39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.
That said...
Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.
I hope it snows....I'm ready.
The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.
Sounds like a plan to me..
39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.
That said...
Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.
I hope it snows....I'm ready.
The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.
I'm bringing that spare parka, and I'll drag along a bunch of other stuff that might come in handy Mark.

-
A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).
I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.
That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login