Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • @atenears said:

    Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm.

    I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

    I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

    I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

    @ballpeen said:

    I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

    I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

    I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

    Gumbo (an old previous member here) and I use to get down there at like 6am and cook omlets for the homeless. I now have to tow the Hag and she slows me down ...

    (Relax Francis, it's a 4pm kick-off)

  • I am as relaxed as they come..4pm starts give plenty of time for camaraderie..

    If I am a little late, it means I got hung up saying good-by to Hooper and the gang.

    I got it...I can take the train back...saves a lot of walking. It's a pretty good hike from the far end of the muni to the landing in the flats.

  • The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

  • The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    @mark-o said:

    The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

  • @mark-o said:

    The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

    I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

    Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    @howiedawg said:

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

  • @howiedawg said:

    Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    @sperk said:

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

  • @sperk said:

    Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

    @atenears said:

    Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

    There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

    I'm going shirtless ...

    Now heres a scarey thought, how about all of us going shirtless with maybe BROWNSBOARD.COM on us jk

  • Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

  • Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    @mark-o said:

    Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    That works for me then we could have a good game of ring toss it will be cold enough

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    @mark-o said:

    Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    I usually pack a big duffle bag full of all sorts of clothes for all weather. I then step out into the tailgate party for the first few minutes to get a feel for what the temps are downtown and then decide my wear from there. Packing up the Candy-Apple-Red Chick Magnet in my driveway some days can feel pretty warm, but downtown is awhole different story.

    I'll share some plastic shit with ya.

  • A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

  • A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    @mark-o said:

    A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

  • I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

  • I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

  • make sure you guys get down to the teamshop to say hey

  • @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    @atenears said:

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    By the fourth quarter, I'm predicting all 20- or whatever- of us will have no problem sitting together in Section 134 (50 yard line, lower deck).

    Don't ask my prediction of the score at that point- you wouldn't like it.

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    @mark-o said:

    Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    I'm bringing that spare parka, and I'll drag along a bunch of other stuff that might come in handy Mark. 🙂

  • @mark-o said:

    A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

    @roach said:

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

    Shhhh...You'll blow (maybe I shouldn't use that word) my cover.

  • @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    @atenears said:

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

    I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?