Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    @mark-o said:

    Thats a disturbing thought.

    How about any women who are at the tailgate have to go shirtless?

    That works for me then we could have a good game of ring toss it will be cold enough

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    @mark-o said:

    Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    I usually pack a big duffle bag full of all sorts of clothes for all weather. I then step out into the tailgate party for the first few minutes to get a feel for what the temps are downtown and then decide my wear from there. Packing up the Candy-Apple-Red Chick Magnet in my driveway some days can feel pretty warm, but downtown is awhole different story.

    I'll share some plastic shit with ya.

  • A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

  • A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    @mark-o said:

    A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

  • I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

  • I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

  • make sure you guys get down to the teamshop to say hey

  • @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    @atenears said:

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    By the fourth quarter, I'm predicting all 20- or whatever- of us will have no problem sitting together in Section 134 (50 yard line, lower deck).

    Don't ask my prediction of the score at that point- you wouldn't like it.

  • Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    @mark-o said:

    Sounds like a plan to me..

    39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

    That said...

    Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

    I hope it snows....I'm ready.

    The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

    I'm bringing that spare parka, and I'll drag along a bunch of other stuff that might come in handy Mark. 🙂

  • @mark-o said:

    A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

    I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

    @roach said:

    That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

    Shhhh...You'll blow (maybe I shouldn't use that word) my cover.

  • @mark-o said:

    I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

    Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

    Skippy?

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    @atenears said:

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

    I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?

  • UPDATED

    THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

    TAILGATE GROUPS TEN YEAR ANNAVERSARY - TBB APPRECIATION WEEKEND

    December 4th-6th, 2009

    With Howard & G-man coming in from England, Keith from the UK and Mark from San Diego, we thought we would use the weekend of December 4th, 5th, & 6th for our Tailgate Party 10-yr Annaversary and TheBrownsBoards Appreciation party.

    FRIDAY NIGHT 12/04/09, join us for a CAVS GAME:

    Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls 8:00pm, Friday December 4th, 2009

    We will be meeting prior to the game at the Hard Rock Cafe for drinks between 6:15pm & 7:15pm. Then head over to the Arena together to take-in the game from a corporate suite. Food & Spirits provided in the suite. (SOLD-OUT)

    SATURDAY NIGHT 12/05/09, open for suggestions.

    Idea’s:

    * Cleveland's official Browns Backers Party at the Blind Pig from 6pm to 8pm.

    * Get together for SEC Championship Game in Middleburg Hts./Berea area

    * Attend the Ohio High School DI State Championship Game in Canton Ohio between Glenville & Hilliard Davidson.

    * Dinner and a few drinks, chill for a relaxing night, calm before the storm.

    Suggestions?

    SUNDAY 12/06/09, Cleveland Browns Game Day

    9:00am – Tailgate Party Kicks-off, with special celebration, revive old traditions, and fun

    4:05pm – Browns vs San Diego Chargers

    (Game Tickets secured on your own)

    We are inviting all members to plan for this occasion.

    Haven’t been in for one of our Tailgate Parties yet? Visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm (Main Tailgate Page)

    For Hotel Lodging & Air/Ground transportation, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/thebrownsboard_hotel_directory.htm

    Map & Directions: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Site.htm

    Most other Q&A’s, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Party%20QA.html

    If you need any help with travel arrangements, please advise.

    Bring the message board to life, meet the crew and many members. It makes the experience here that much better. Help Ed carry the 100lb grill … Drink Hoorta’s orange ‘blood of the Browns’ … Watch Zippy get arrested … See Skippy in his plastic diaper pants … Have a flaming Jello-shot … Watch Flugel do a beer bong while standing on his head … Watch the California homo (Marko) freeze his ass off in 30-degree weather … toss Don a cigar as he prepares the grub … Raunchy Christmas songs by Westside Steve(?) … and much, much more!

    Browns%20Board%20Wk1%202008.jpg

    Howie2.jpgthe%20browns%20board.jpgThe%20Browns%20Board%20Night%20Out2.jpg

  • @atenears said:

    Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

    It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

    I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?

    @ballpeen said:

    It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

    I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?

    Sure you can borrow the Chick Magnet, how do you think Ed found a woman?

  • BTW Mark, I lied about it not getting cold in December ...

    Occasionally it has snowed during games in December ...

    large_stadium_snow1216.jpg

  • I was at the last SD game played in Cleveland...that was one cold Dec game. Maybe 5 degrees with a constant 30 knot wind out of the north.

  • I was at the last SD game played in Cleveland...that was one cold Dec game. Maybe 5 degrees with a constant 30 knot wind out of the north.

    @ballpeen said:

    I was at the last SD game played in Cleveland...that was one cold Dec game. Maybe 5 degrees with a constant 30 knot wind out of the north.

    That was the coldest game I had ever been too. A firend and I and our two teenage boys tried to cook steaks on a grill. Even with the hood closed, we cooked them things for what seemed like two hours and they still were rare. We made the mistake of bringing long neck bottles of beer. The beer frozen in the neck of the bottle, so we rested our beers on the hood of the grill and they still froze. You had to push your finger down into the bottles to dislodge the ice ... finally we just gave up and left for the game.

    I couldn't believe that there were well over 100 people without shirts on. I'm talking stinging-numb cold. The kind of day where it stings just to take your hand out of your glove to retrieve your keys from your pocket.

    I look over at my teenager and his mouth was wide open gasping for air ... he has asthma and couldn't breath, so we left at some point.

    I remember that the roads in Berea were closed that day. We couldn't get my van out, so my buddy drove his 4x wheel drive.

    I love that shit though.

    Do you remember a year or so back when it snowed horizontally really hard as we made the walk to the stadium? While standing in-line outside everyone had a completely frozen head on one side and dry on the other. That shit pelted us so hard that it just stuck to the side of your head.

    I love that shit too.

    I remember an old tailgate in this new era where we had at least two feet of snow on the ground, and with the piles of snow built up around the parking lots, it was piled well over 4' high. We set all of our beers, booze and jello-shots right in the snow bank during the tailgate party. I use to have a picture of that around here somewhere.

    I love that shit as well .

    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow .....

  • BrownsSnow01Anderson.jpg

    BROWNS 8, BILLS 0

  • make sure you guys get down to the teamshop to say hey

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    make sure you guys get down to the teamshop to say hey

    I'll be in saturday afternoon, are you on then? what's your real name????

    Howie.

  • I have only got about 4 more hours of shitty work to get done then it's all about the Browns. G man has already knocked off work and is probably running round the house in his lewis shirt trying to get rid of his excitement. I will have to get home make sure the important stuff is packed and then drink a few beers to calm me down before drifting into an uneasy excited sleep dreaming of soccer mom vans, grills, snow and orange helmets.

    Can't wait meet up with old and new friends.

    GO BROWNS!!