THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND
-
The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.
There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.
The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.
Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:
(remaining Home games)
MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!
THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
* subject to playoff implications
-
The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.
There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.
The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.
Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:
(remaining Home games)
MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!
THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
* subject to playoff implications
The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.
There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.
The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.
Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:
(remaining Home games)
MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!
THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday
SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*
* subject to playoff implications
Depending on what happens with the Gators and the bowl games, I will probably come up for the Jags game...glutton for punishment I suppose...I may see you then if you guys hit the flatiron or some other establishment....if not.....had a great time with you for the three I made this year and see you boys next year
-
Zombo said:
Two shots of the Orange Shit and you'll be sporting fire like the Heat Miser.Zombo
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
-
Zombo said:
Two shots of the Orange Shit and you'll be sporting fire like the Heat Miser.Zombo
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
-
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
Curacao.
-
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
I'm not sure where he gets it from, it wouldnt suprise me if it was a batch of wine that went awry but its smooth and taste likes a creamsicle with a slow burn
-
Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
Oh, I'm still a confirmed wino KS. Not strictly a wino- but read on.
However, the story of the Orange Stuff is a rather long one. As some may, or may not know one of my other hobbies is Astronomy. I was lucky enough in 1970 to get a $20 student standby ticket to Norfolk, Virginia to catch the total solar eclipse in March that year. Had the pleasure of sleeping on a bench in Baltimore's airport overnight because I got bumped. Try that one now, lol!!! I thought it was by far the neatest thing I've ever seen. (the eclipse, NOT Baltimore's airport!) Yeah, it's THAT eclipse behind the inspiration of Carly Simon's "You're so Vain". The problem with total solar eclipses is you have to get within the 100 or so mile wide corridor to get the full effect, and unless you have an unlimited wallet (eclipse tours tend to be real pricey) or a willingness to travel to garden spots like Antarctica, Borneo, Northern Tibet- I would have loved to go to Egypt ( a side tour to the pyramids was enticing) a few years back, but the cheapest thing I could find was $4,000 per person.
So.... 1998 is on the calendar. Hmmmmm..... Total solar eclipse- Curacao, or Aruba. February. Wife's birthday month. Guess what sweetie, we're going to Curacao for your birthday- even if we get clouded out (always a possibility) southern Caribbean in the dead of winter ain't a bad idea. Yeah, and you're so far south the Astronomer in me says you get to do the CSN thing "When you see the Southern Cross for the First Time" well, bummer- the asterism called the "False Cross" is actually bigger & brighter than the real item.
Had always heard of Curacao Liqueur, so started to investigate. The real stuff comes from the Island, and believe me I sampled plenty of it on our one week stay there. They even got us on the tourista bus to visit the motherlode. The Orange Stuff Homepage The short of it Ed & Don got to sample the "clear" it's natural state- they put food coloring in it to make it every color of the rainbow (at least on the island) and conveniently one of them is Orange. And it is pure extract of orange- some genius figured out you take Curacao orange peels (that can't ripen- it's too damn hot) soak 'em in 60 proof vodka, add some sugar.... and yum. From a wino perspective, comparing authentic Curacao to the domestic Bols crap it's like the difference between real burgundy, and Gallo Hearty burgundy.
Oh, BTW, as a side benefit, it was Mardi Gras week, we did get to see the eclipse, in fact the official NASA eclipse geek Fred Espenak took this picture(s) about 100 feet away from us- it's long been the wallpaper on my computer. Closest I've ever seen to the real item- but it still doesn't do it justice. I'll just say this- that last minute before totality is absolutely surreal- wifie isn't even into astronomy and she agrees- it's like God hitting the dimmer switch- you actually see it getting dark in 30 seconds. Google Espenak 2017 2024 and plan to join me (assuming I'm still alive and kicking) for the great American eclipse adventures. PS young 'uns 2024 goes right over CLEVELAND, mark your calendars.


-
OK, made some changes and will join the group for the tailgate bash. The thought of watching us get killed by the Steelers with 40,000 Steeler fans in attendance wasn't all that appealing.
I was planning on attending the SEC Championship on that Saturday night, but the sweet seat i thought i could get wasn't going to be as sweet as thought, so I will just watch it up there.
I do have a extra seat for the game at this point. If anyone needs a ticket, I can help, and at this point, the $70 on the face isn't what it will cost...I'll take $30 and a beer....or $20 and a couple of hugs if you are a nice looking woman.

-
Cool ... great news Russ. You going to be in town the night prior for dinner?
-
OK, made some changes and will join the group for the tailgate bash. The thought of watching us get killed by the Steelers with 40,000 Steeler fans in attendance wasn't all that appealing.
I was planning on attending the SEC Championship on that Saturday night, but the sweet seat i thought i could get wasn't going to be as sweet as thought, so I will just watch it up there.
I do have a extra seat for the game at this point. If anyone needs a ticket, I can help, and at this point, the $70 on the face isn't what it will cost...I'll take $30 and a beer....or $20 and a couple of hugs if you are a nice looking woman.

OK, made some changes and will join the group for the tailgate bash. The thought of watching us get killed by the Steelers with 40,000 Steeler fans in attendance wasn't all that appealing.
I was planning on attending the SEC Championship on that Saturday night, but the sweet seat i thought i could get wasn't going to be as sweet as thought, so I will just watch it up there.
I do have a extra seat for the game at this point. If anyone needs a ticket, I can help, and at this point, the $70 on the face isn't what it will cost...I'll take $30 and a beer....or $20 and a couple of hugs if you are a nice looking woman.

Hey, thats great 2 down, Mark & Russ. Where the hell is Zombo
-
Zombo is afraid of the cold....the big homo.
I just might wear shorts to the game that day...
-
I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?
Oh, I'm still a confirmed wino KS. Not strictly a wino- but read on.
However, the story of the Orange Stuff is a rather long one. As some may, or may not know one of my other hobbies is Astronomy. I was lucky enough in 1970 to get a $20 student standby ticket to Norfolk, Virginia to catch the total solar eclipse in March that year. Had the pleasure of sleeping on a bench in Baltimore's airport overnight because I got bumped. Try that one now, lol!!! I thought it was by far the neatest thing I've ever seen. (the eclipse, NOT Baltimore's airport!) Yeah, it's THAT eclipse behind the inspiration of Carly Simon's "You're so Vain". The problem with total solar eclipses is you have to get within the 100 or so mile wide corridor to get the full effect, and unless you have an unlimited wallet (eclipse tours tend to be real pricey) or a willingness to travel to garden spots like Antarctica, Borneo, Northern Tibet- I would have loved to go to Egypt ( a side tour to the pyramids was enticing) a few years back, but the cheapest thing I could find was $4,000 per person.
So.... 1998 is on the calendar. Hmmmmm..... Total solar eclipse- Curacao, or Aruba. February. Wife's birthday month. Guess what sweetie, we're going to Curacao for your birthday- even if we get clouded out (always a possibility) southern Caribbean in the dead of winter ain't a bad idea. Yeah, and you're so far south the Astronomer in me says you get to do the CSN thing "When you see the Southern Cross for the First Time" well, bummer- the asterism called the "False Cross" is actually bigger & brighter than the real item.
Had always heard of Curacao Liqueur, so started to investigate. The real stuff comes from the Island, and believe me I sampled plenty of it on our one week stay there. They even got us on the tourista bus to visit the motherlode. The Orange Stuff Homepage The short of it Ed & Don got to sample the "clear" it's natural state- they put food coloring in it to make it every color of the rainbow (at least on the island) and conveniently one of them is Orange. And it is pure extract of orange- some genius figured out you take Curacao orange peels (that can't ripen- it's too damn hot) soak 'em in 60 proof vodka, add some sugar.... and yum. From a wino perspective, comparing authentic Curacao to the domestic Bols crap it's like the difference between real burgundy, and Gallo Hearty burgundy.
Oh, BTW, as a side benefit, it was Mardi Gras week, we did get to see the eclipse, in fact the official NASA eclipse geek Fred Espenak took this picture(s) about 100 feet away from us- it's long been the wallpaper on my computer. Closest I've ever seen to the real item- but it still doesn't do it justice. I'll just say this- that last minute before totality is absolutely surreal- wifie isn't even into astronomy and she agrees- it's like God hitting the dimmer switch- you actually see it getting dark in 30 seconds. Google Espenak 2017 2024 and plan to join me (assuming I'm still alive and kicking) for the great American eclipse adventures. PS young 'uns 2024 goes right over CLEVELAND, mark your calendars.


Oh, I'm still a confirmed wino KS. Not strictly a wino- but read on.
However, the story of the Orange Stuff is a rather long one. As some may, or may not know one of my other hobbies is Astronomy. I was lucky enough in 1970 to get a $20 student standby ticket to Norfolk, Virginia to catch the total solar eclipse in March that year. Had the pleasure of sleeping on a bench in Baltimore's airport overnight because I got bumped. Try that one now, lol!!! I thought it was by far the neatest thing I've ever seen. (the eclipse, NOT Baltimore's airport!) Yeah, it's THAT eclipse behind the inspiration of Carly Simon's "You're so Vain".
The problem with total solar eclipses is you have to get within the 100 or so mile wide corridor to get the full effect, and unless you have an unlimited wallet (eclipse tours tend to be real pricey) or a willingness to travel to garden spots like Antarctica, Borneo, Northern Tibet- I would have loved to go to Egypt ( a side tour to the pyramids was enticing) a few years back, but the cheapest thing I could find was $4,000 per person.
So.... 1998 is on the calendar. Hmmmmm..... Total solar eclipse- Curacao, or Aruba. February. Wife's birthday month. Guess what sweetie, we're going to Curacao for your birthday- even if we get clouded out (always a possibility) southern Caribbean in the dead of winter ain't a bad idea. Yeah, and you're so far south the Astronomer in me says you get to do the CSN thing "When you see the Southern Cross for the First Time" well, bummer- the asterism called the "False Cross" is actually bigger & brighter than the real item.
Had always heard of Curacao Liqueur, so started to investigate. The real stuff comes from the Island, and believe me I sampled plenty of it on our one week stay there. They even got us on the tourista bus to visit the motherlode. The Orange Stuff Homepage The short of it Ed & Don got to sample the "clear" it's natural state- they put food coloring in it to make it every color of the rainbow (at least on the island) and conveniently one of them is Orange. And it is pure extract of orange- some genius figured out you take Curacao orange peels (that can't ripen- it's too damn hot) soak 'em in 60 proof vodka, add some sugar.... and yum. From a wino perspective, comparing authentic Curacao to the domestic Bols crap it's like the difference between real burgundy, and Gallo Hearty burgundy.
Oh, BTW, as a side benefit, it was Mardi Gras week, we did get to see the eclipse, in fact the official NASA eclipse geek Fred Espenak took this picture(s) about 100 feet away from us- it's long been the wallpaper on my computer. Closest I've ever seen to the real item- but it still doesn't do it justice. I'll just say this- that last minute before totality is absolutely surreal- wifie isn't even into astronomy and she agrees- it's like God hitting the dimmer switch- you actually see it getting dark in 30 seconds. Google Espenak 2017 2024 and plan to join me (assuming I'm still alive and kicking) for the great American eclipse adventures. PS young 'uns 2024 goes right over CLEVELAND, mark your calendars.


Hey, if I'm still kickin', I'm in for the 2024 gig. I work with a team of astronomy geeks and we have a very cool telescope. It's the one that Albert Einstein likely peered through when he was at Princeton. Our astronomer calls it the "War of the Worlds" telescope because it is the one referenced in the famous radio broadcast. You ought to come down and take a gander through it some time. And I look forward to tasting some of that orange stuff.

-
Cool ... great news Russ. You going to be in town the night prior for dinner?
I will be in on Saturday for sure...maybe even on Friday night.
Not sure what the plan is on Saturday night, but I know what I will be doing...watching the SEC Championship game...not sure what time it starts...the last few years it has been a later afternoon start. I fully anticipate the Gators being in that game. Just haven't decided where I will watch the game.
The Gators aren't the most loved team up there, and I can get a bit "chippy" if things aren't going my way and some guy is yelling in my ear telling me how the Gators suck, so I may just hole up in the hotel room to watch....just not sure at this point.
-
Cool ... great news Russ. You going to be in town the night prior for dinner?
I will be in on Saturday for sure...maybe even on Friday night.
Not sure what the plan is on Saturday night, but I know what I will be doing...watching the SEC Championship game...not sure what time it starts...the last few years it has been a later afternoon start. I fully anticipate the Gators being in that game. Just haven't decided where I will watch the game.
The Gators aren't the most loved team up there, and I can get a bit "chippy" if things aren't going my way and some guy is yelling in my ear telling me how the Gators suck, so I may just hole up in the hotel room to watch....just not sure at this point.
I will be in on Saturday for sure...maybe even on Friday night.
Not sure what the plan is on Saturday night, but I know what I will be doing...watching the SEC Championship game...not sure what time it starts...the last few years it has been a later afternoon start. I fully anticipate the Gators being in that game. Just haven't decided where I will watch the game.
The Gators aren't the most loved team up there, and I can get a bit "chippy" if things aren't going my way and some guy is yelling in my ear telling me how the Gators suck, so I may just hole up in the hotel room to watch....just not sure at this point.
Don't be stupid. Let's grab a big table at a place like Damon's or something that has a big screen. No one is gonna be chirping in your ear, and if you get all bitchy I'll slap ya.
I know what you mean though, I was at the sportsbook in Vegas and when the Browns shit themselves, I was furious and those around me I don't believe realized it, some got on my nerves real bad and I had to get away and go up to my hotel room to chill and vent at halftime.
I'd love to watch the game with you. Maybe you should consider staying out here in Middleburg again and we could do the Damon thing. If Florida starts getting spanked, you can just head back to your hotel.
-
Zombo said:
I'm sure you can borrow Skippy's jean shorts because he is already in Plastic Pants mode.I think the diapers came out in October this year ... earliest ever.
Zombo
--If I come up I'll be sporting a t-shirt and a jock strap.
Too late ... my girlfriend borrowed my Jean shorts last weekend when I took her to the aquarium...

-
I will be in on Saturday for sure...maybe even on Friday night.
Not sure what the plan is on Saturday night, but I know what I will be doing...watching the SEC Championship game...not sure what time it starts...the last few years it has been a later afternoon start. I fully anticipate the Gators being in that game. Just haven't decided where I will watch the game.
The Gators aren't the most loved team up there, and I can get a bit "chippy" if things aren't going my way and some guy is yelling in my ear telling me how the Gators suck, so I may just hole up in the hotel room to watch....just not sure at this point.
Don't be stupid. Let's grab a big table at a place like Damon's or something that has a big screen. No one is gonna be chirping in your ear, and if you get all bitchy I'll slap ya.
I know what you mean though, I was at the sportsbook in Vegas and when the Browns shit themselves, I was furious and those around me I don't believe realized it, some got on my nerves real bad and I had to get away and go up to my hotel room to chill and vent at halftime.
I'd love to watch the game with you. Maybe you should consider staying out here in Middleburg again and we could do the Damon thing. If Florida starts getting spanked, you can just head back to your hotel.
Don't be stupid. Let's grab a big table at a place like Damon's or something that has a big screen. No one is gonna be chirping in your ear, and if you get all bitchy I'll slap ya.
I know what you mean though, I was at the sportsbook in Vegas and when the Browns shit themselves, I was furious and those around me I don't believe realized it, some got on my nerves real bad and I had to get away and go up to my hotel room to chill and vent at halftime.
I'd love to watch the game with you. Maybe you should consider staying out here in Middleburg again and we could do the Damon thing. If Florida starts getting spanked, you can just head back to your hotel.
Sounds like a plan. I was probably going to stay out there anyway as it makes a good get away point on Monday morning.
-
Zombo said:
I'm sure you can borrow Skippy's jean shorts because he is already in Plastic Pants mode.I think the diapers came out in October this year ... earliest ever.
Zombo
--If I come up I'll be sporting a t-shirt and a jock strap.
what is with this if shit. Get your lazy ass to Cleveland. How many opportunities will we have to make fun of skippys plastic pants in person?
All we need to do is figure out a way to cut off the leash that flugels is wearing. Pack up the new chick and get your ass to the game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login