Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • Could be a good idea....which one do you want to go after? You might scare off Warden jr...so maybe you should leave that one to me.

  • Hey all, I'm thinking about putting together a Clam Bake or Wing Nite for us all on Saturday evening. I'm getting several inquiries per day for this weekend and thought throwing a nice event for Saturday Night. Secure a Party Room with large screen TV's to watch the SEC Championship game and other games, eat some good food, have a few cocktails and a good time.

    We have a long day on Sunday with the 4pm kick-off, so thought maybe focus more on food and camraderie for Saturday Night and not the drunkfest we had last year before Opening Day.

    I recommend that everyone stay out in Middleburg Hts. See our Hotel Directory for assistance.

    Howie, I know that you and G-man want to party it up in the city that night, but maybe come out to the suburbs and have dinner with us and we will get you transported back downtown around 10pm or so and you can rock all nite the rest of the evening down there.

    I'm going to check with some establishments around here to get some pricing on a per person for a clam bake, or wings.

    Between facebook, e-mail, and this thread, I'll keep everyone informed and you all let me know your arrival times and lodging as well.

    @atenears said:

    Howie, I know that you and G-man want to party it up in the city that night, but maybe come out to the suburbs and have dinner with us and we will get you transported back downtown around 10pm or so and you can rock all nite the rest of the evening down there.

    I

    Thanks Stan. We would love to come out to the burbs and do dinner especially if it's wings! 🙂 I love wings, can't get decent ones here.

    I'm up for keeping myself relatively in check on the Saturday so that i can unleash hell on Sunday morning. Can we get a cab from the burbs back to Downtown?? Next year maybe we stay out your way........

    I'll keep checking out what's going on through TBB / facebook etc.

    Ballpeen, I love Tennessee rednecks, we should get on fine!! I can tell you about the time I was arrested in Knoxville back in "92 🙂

    All the best guys, Howie.

  • Catching a cab would be easy...seems like it would run about $20 each way.

    I myself would take the rapid from Terminal Tower out to the airport...seems like that is $2 each way, and then catch a cab from the airport to wherever it is we end up. The airport to Bagley Road (Middlegurg Hgts.) might be 4-5 miles(if that far)...so the cab fare would be greatly reduced...then reverse the process...and who knows, people would be leaving anyway, you could probably catch a ride with someone back to the airport or the Brookpark rapid stop.

  • @atenears said:

    Howie, I know that you and G-man want to party it up in the city that night, but maybe come out to the suburbs and have dinner with us and we will get you transported back downtown around 10pm or so and you can rock all nite the rest of the evening down there.

    I

    Thanks Stan. We would love to come out to the burbs and do dinner especially if it's wings! 🙂 I love wings, can't get decent ones here.

    I'm up for keeping myself relatively in check on the Saturday so that i can unleash hell on Sunday morning. Can we get a cab from the burbs back to Downtown?? Next year maybe we stay out your way........

    I'll keep checking out what's going on through TBB / facebook etc.

    Ballpeen, I love Tennessee rednecks, we should get on fine!! I can tell you about the time I was arrested in Knoxville back in "92 🙂

    All the best guys, Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    Thanks Stan. We would love to come out to the burbs and do dinner especially if it's wings! 🙂 I love wings, can't get decent ones here.

    I'm up for keeping myself relatively in check on the Saturday so that i can unleash hell on Sunday morning. Can we get a cab from the burbs back to Downtown?? Next year maybe we stay out your way........

    I'll keep checking out what's going on through TBB / facebook etc.

    Ballpeen, I love Tennessee rednecks, we should get on fine!! I can tell you about the time I was arrested in Knoxville back in "92 🙂

    All the best guys, Howie.

    We will have a designated driver for you, and as Ballpeen said, the RTA train runs out here to Brook Park and the Airport, which is just minutes from where we will be.

  • @howiedawg said:

    Thanks Stan. We would love to come out to the burbs and do dinner especially if it's wings! 🙂 I love wings, can't get decent ones here.

    I'm up for keeping myself relatively in check on the Saturday so that i can unleash hell on Sunday morning. Can we get a cab from the burbs back to Downtown?? Next year maybe we stay out your way........

    I'll keep checking out what's going on through TBB / facebook etc.

    Ballpeen, I love Tennessee rednecks, we should get on fine!! I can tell you about the time I was arrested in Knoxville back in "92 🙂

    All the best guys, Howie.

    We will have a designated driver for you, and as Ballpeen said, the RTA train runs out here to Brook Park and the Airport, which is just minutes from where we will be.

    @atenears said:

    We will have a designated driver for you, and as Ballpeen said, the RTA train runs out here to Brook Park and the Airport, which is just minutes from where we will be.

    bumping this back up top so Zombo doesn't forget about it.

  • And bumping again...

    You can't hide from us forever Z...

  • @howiedawg said:

    Thanks Stan. We would love to come out to the burbs and do dinner especially if it's wings! 🙂 I love wings, can't get decent ones here.

    I'm up for keeping myself relatively in check on the Saturday so that i can unleash hell on Sunday morning. Can we get a cab from the burbs back to Downtown?? Next year maybe we stay out your way........

    I'll keep checking out what's going on through TBB / facebook etc.

    Ballpeen, I love Tennessee rednecks, we should get on fine!! I can tell you about the time I was arrested in Knoxville back in "92 🙂

    All the best guys, Howie.

    We will have a designated driver for you, and as Ballpeen said, the RTA train runs out here to Brook Park and the Airport, which is just minutes from where we will be.

    @atenears said:

    We will have a designated driver for you, and as Ballpeen said, the RTA train runs out here to Brook Park and the Airport, which is just minutes from where we will be.

    Thanks Stan. I've been slow on the board recently hence missing this post, sorry.

    Only three weeks to go, I'm into full planning mode.

    Re Saturday night, I guess we can fix plans on Friday night when we meet pre / post Cavs. We want to do the backers bash at the blind pig early evening Saturday but then are ready to head wherever by about 7pm. If I win the silent auction I'll be turning up in a signed helmet 😉

    I'll PM you about arrangements for the Friday night the week we leave, can't wait.

    H

  • And bumping again...

    You can't hide from us forever Z...

    @mark-o said:

    And bumping again...

    You can't hide from us forever Z...

    I am actually thinking about buying one of these...looks like it might solve the cold problem.

    http://www.game-wrap.com/index.html

  • @mark-o said:

    And bumping again...

    You can't hide from us forever Z...

    I am actually thinking about buying one of these...looks like it might solve the cold problem.

    http://www.game-wrap.com/index.html

    @ballpeen said:

    I am actually thinking about buying one of these...looks like it might solve the cold problem.

    http://www.game-wrap.com/index.html

    home_gamewrap_winter.jpg

    I saw them selling those on the side of the road as you made the walk to the Berea Training Camp enterance. At the time it was in the mid-80 degree weather and they didn't look so appealing. I think I'll get one for the wife though, better than dragging a blanket from the tailgate area to the stadium and back.

    Hey, I think that is MarkO in the center!

  • I saw them selling those on the side of the road as you made the walk to the Berea Training Camp enterance. At the time it was in the mid-80 degree weather and they didn't look so appealing. I think I'll get one for the wife though, better than dragging a blanket from the tailgate area to the stadium and back.

    When you say non appealing, is that because it was summer or is it because they looked cheap and useless?

  • I think I might need one of those. No matter what I wear I won't look nearly as dorky as skippy and his plastic diaper pants.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I am actually thinking about buying one of these...looks like it might solve the cold problem.

    http://www.game-wrap.com/index.html

    home_gamewrap_winter.jpg

    I saw them selling those on the side of the road as you made the walk to the Berea Training Camp enterance. At the time it was in the mid-80 degree weather and they didn't look so appealing. I think I'll get one for the wife though, better than dragging a blanket from the tailgate area to the stadium and back.

    Hey, I think that is MarkO in the center!

    @atenears said:

    home_gamewrap_winter.jpg

    Hey, I think that is MarkO in the center!

    I wouldn't be caught dead out in weather that cold.

  • I saw them selling those on the side of the road as you made the walk to the Berea Training Camp enterance. At the time it was in the mid-80 degree weather and they didn't look so appealing. I think I'll get one for the wife though, better than dragging a blanket from the tailgate area to the stadium and back.

    When you say non appealing, is that because it was summer or is it because they looked cheap and useless?

    @ballpeen said:

    When you say non appealing, is that because it was summer or is it because they looked cheap and useless?

    Didn't look appealing in the warm weather ... who cares about a fashion statement once the temps drop and the chicks stop coming to the games.

  • @ballpeen said:

    When you say non appealing, is that because it was summer or is it because they looked cheap and useless?

    Didn't look appealing in the warm weather ... who cares about a fashion statement once the temps drop and the chicks stop coming to the games.

    @atenears said:

    Didn't look appealing in the warm weather ... who cares about a fashion statement once the temps drop and the chicks stop coming to the games.

    Good point

  • How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

  • How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

    @mark-o said:

    How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

    Mark,

    Well am sure with a nice bottle of Scottish whisky, some Orange stuff, and few other concoctions that will be on offer at this Tailgate, the cold will just be a distant memory, until the drink wears off anyways, so best make sure dont stop drinking til get back to warmer climates.

  • How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

    @mark-o said:

    How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

    I've already told you, early December in Ohio isn't even cold. It's just football weather.

    The game is about 3 weeks away and it was 50-degrees this entire past week. Add some stiff beverages straight from the bottle and it feels like 62-degrees.

    Snuggie ... 🙄

  • Or it's going to be snowing like he'll and 22 degrees which will feel like 12 below.

  • @mark-o said:

    How warm do you think these things are?

    Can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying a snuggie. I must be out of my mind.

    I've already told you, early December in Ohio isn't even cold. It's just football weather.

    The game is about 3 weeks away and it was 50-degrees this entire past week. Add some stiff beverages straight from the bottle and it feels like 62-degrees.

    Snuggie ... 🙄

    @atenears said:

    I've already told you, early December in Ohio isn't even cold. It's just football weather.

    The game is about 3 weeks away and it was 50-degrees this entire past week. Add some stiff beverages straight from the bottle and it feels like 62-degrees.

    Snuggie ... 🙄

    I agree....early Dec isn't usually that cold...the odds of having a day in upper 40's is about as good as having a day in the 20's...50's about as good as having a day in the teens.

    Either way it isn't all that cold...and I don't care about California....my body is acclimated to southern temps...Fla, Ala, Tn....Cal isn't that much warmer on avg...I actually look forward to a cold weather game or two...reminds me of my roots

  • Well that makes me feel better. It's just as likely to snow as it is to be nice and toasty and 50.

    I look forward to the cold weather games myself as well. But I look forward to watching them on my tv not sitting in the stands.