Wednesday Sports Trivia
-
#1 would be Sandy Alomar Jr.
-
Technically, I cannot give you #3. (you knew that date off the top of your head?)
Bonds is not active and does not count, otherwise your answer to #6 would be incomplete.
Actually, perhaps I can give you #3 as perhaps I misread it. You put Ga Tech in bold....did that mean you meant that it was the Rambling Wreck who had the 222 points? If so, that is the correct answer....if you assure me that you didnt cheat and look it up.
Actually, perhaps I can give you #3 as perhaps I misread it. You put Ga Tech in bold....did that mean you meant that it was the Rambling Wreck who had the 222 points? If so, that is the correct answer....if you assure me that you didnt cheat and look it up.
The bold team had 222 and yes i did cheat
. -
#1 would be Sandy Alomar Jr.
Not right. Sandy had the second longest hit streak for the Tribe at 30 games. Another player had a longer one (31)
-
6. a-roid, ken griffey jr, manny ramirez, and is sammy sosa still active?
-
Here is my weekly Trivia quiz. See how you do:
(Question difficulty rating: * easy, ** doable, ***tough ****very difficult *****nigh on impossible
1. What Cleveland Indians player holds the team record for longest hitting streak? **
2. Since the NCAA began keeping complete records in 1937, what two teams were involved in the highest scoring Div. 1A/FBS game? (score, date if possible) *****
3. At any point in college football history, what is the most points scored by 1 team? (Give school, score, opponent, date if possible) **
4. Who scored the most points in a men's college basketball game? (name, school, points, year, opponent if possible) ***
5. The Patriots just beat the Titans 59-0 on Sunday. What is the largest margin of victory in a shutout in an NFL game? *
6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **
7. How many of the Top 15 Quarterbacks in Passer Rating are currently active players? **
8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player? *
Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) **
9. Which college Quarterbacks that won the Heisman Trophy were also the #1 overall pick of the draft? (hint: there are 6) ****
10. Which colleges have won the most Heisman Trophys? *
11. Which year did Pittsburgh win it Professional Basketball Championship? ***
12. Name the 6 people who have scored more career points than Shaquille O'Neal **
1. Sandy Alomar had a streak of around 30 games.
8. i think Gale Sayers won it at least once.
-
6. a-roid, ken griffey jr, manny ramirez, and is sammy sosa still active?
6. a-roid, ken griffey jr, manny ramirez, and is sammy sosa still active?
Sosa in not considered active (nor is Bonds). I'll give a hint here. You have 3 of the 5. there are 2 more.
-
-
-
6. a-roid, ken griffey jr, manny ramirez, and is sammy sosa still active?
Sosa in not considered active (nor is Bonds). I'll give a hint here. You have 3 of the 5. there are 2 more.
Sosa in not considered active (nor is Bonds). I'll give a hint here. You have 3 of the 5. there are 2 more.
thome and frank thomas
-
6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **
Thome, Manny, Griffey, A rod.....
I feel like I'm missing one or two more
-
Sosa in not considered active (nor is Bonds). I'll give a hint here. You have 3 of the 5. there are 2 more.
thome and frank thomas
thome and frank thomas
Not Thomas (I believe he may be considered retired...or he may not be in the Top 25)
-
suns said:
a-rod, jason giambi (?), jim thome, manny rameriz, ken griffey jr.#6
Not Giambi
-
-
-
-
Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)
Gary Sheffield
-
suns said:
Is it..Albert Pujols?No.
-
Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)
Gary Sheffield
-
Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.
I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.
-
Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.
I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.
c-dawg said:
No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.
I think he had another game with 116 or something like that. It was not counted because it was against a JuCo.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login