Skip to content

Wednesday Sports Trivia

The Browns Board
33 9 2.0k
  • a-rod, jason giambi (?), jim thome, manny rameriz, ken griffey jr.

    #6

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    suns said:

    a-rod, jason giambi (?), jim thome, manny rameriz, ken griffey jr.

    #6

    Not Giambi

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Got it....I won't spoil it though (I had to look it up)

  • Got it....I won't spoil it though (I had to look it up)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @blowe said:

    Got it....I won't spoil it though (I had to look it up)

    Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Is it..Albert Pujols?

  • @blowe said:

    Got it....I won't spoil it though (I had to look it up)

    Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)

    Gary Sheffield

  • Is it..Albert Pujols?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    suns said:

    Is it..Albert Pujols?

    No.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Got which? There were a dozen questions, only 3 of which have been correctly answered in full. (no clue on the others?)

    Gary Sheffield

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @blowe said:

    Gary Sheffield

    Ay, oh, there you go. Only 8 other question to answer, or try to answer.

  • Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

    BevoFrancis.jpg

    ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @keepercoach said:

    Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

    BevoFrancis.jpg

    No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.

    I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.

  • @keepercoach said:

    Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

    BevoFrancis.jpg

    No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.

    I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.

    K keepercoach wrote on last edited by
    #32

    c-dawg said:

    No kidding! I met Bevo at my last job at Rio Grande. He scored 113.

    I was their Webmaster. I got to meet Bob Evans too, yes, that Bob Evans (before he died). His farm shared a boundary with the college, as you surely know.

    I think he had another game with 116 or something like that. It was not counted because it was against a JuCo.

  • Here is my weekly Trivia quiz. See how you do:

    (Question difficulty rating: * easy, ** doable, ***tough ****very difficult *****nigh on impossible

    1. What Cleveland Indians player holds the team record for longest hitting streak? **

    2. Since the NCAA began keeping complete records in 1937, what two teams were involved in the highest scoring Div. 1A/FBS game? (score, date if possible) *****

    3. At any point in college football history, what is the most points scored by 1 team? (Give school, score, opponent, date if possible) **

    4. Who scored the most points in a men's college basketball game? (name, school, points, year, opponent if possible) ***

    5. The Patriots just beat the Titans 59-0 on Sunday. What is the largest margin of victory in a shutout in an NFL game? *

    6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **

    7. How many of the Top 15 Quarterbacks in Passer Rating are currently active players? **

    8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player? *

    Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) **

    9. Which college Quarterbacks that won the Heisman Trophy were also the #1 overall pick of the draft? (hint: there are 6) ****

    10. Which colleges have won the most Heisman Trophys? *

    11. Which year did Pittsburgh win it Professional Basketball Championship? ***

    12. Name the 6 people who have scored more career points than Shaquille O'Neal **

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is my weekly Trivia quiz. See how you do:

    (Question difficulty rating: * easy, ** doable, ***tough ****very difficult *****nigh on impossible

    Answers to Trivia questions.

    1. What Cleveland Indians player holds the team record for longest hitting streak? **

    Napolean Lajoie had a hit streak of 31 games. Sandy Alomar had a 30 gamer.

    2. Since the NCAA began keeping complete records in 1937, what two teams were involved in the highest scoring Div. 1A/FBS game? (score, date if possible) *****

    On 11/14/2007 Navy defeated North Texas State 74-62, a total of 136 points .

    3. At any point in college football history, what is the most points scored by 1 team? (Give school, score, opponent, date if possible) **

    October 7, 1916 Georgia Tech defeated Cumberland 222-0. (At the time Ga. Tech was in the SEC, that began the SEC tradition of scheduling cupcakes)

    4. Who scored the most points in a men's college basketball game? (name, school, points, year, opponent if possible) ***

    Bevo Francis, yep, of Rio Grande (Ohio) College scored 113 points against Hillsdale College in 1954. (FYI, there were NO three pointers in those days.)

    5. The Patriots just beat the Titans 59-0 on Sunday. What is the largest margin of victory in a shutout in an NFL game? *

    It is 73-0 (someone said 72-0) by the Bears over the Redskins in the 1940 NFL Championship game no less!

    6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **

    Ken Griffey Jr., Alex Rodriguez, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, Gary Sheffield.

    7. How many of the Top 15 Quarterbacks in Passer Rating are currently active players? **

    Thirteen of the 15 all time leaders in QB Passer Rating are active. The exceptions are Steve Young and Joe Montana. It just goes to show that the passer rating statistic is somewhat of a joke. FYI, #16 on the list is: Otto Graham.

    8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player? *

    Ten (10) NFL rushing titles. 8 by Jim Brown. 2 by Leroy Kelley.

    Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) **

    Only Jim Taylor, Packers in 1962 and Gale Sayers, Bears in 1966 interrupted this Browns streak.

    9. Which college Quarterbacks that won the Heisman Trophy were also the #1 overall pick of the draft? (hint: there are 6) ****

    A. Angelo Bertelli, Notre Dame 1943

    B. Paul Hornung, Notre Dame, 1956 (Hornung was a QB in college but switche to HB in the pros)

    C. Terry Baker, Oregon, 1963

    D. Jim Plunkett, Stanford, 1970

    E. Vinny Testaverde, Miami, 1986

    F. Carson Palmer, USC, 2002

    10. Which colleges have won the most Heisman Trophys? *

    USC, Notre Dame and Ohio State each have won 7 Heisman's (though OSU only had 6 different players win because of Archie Griffin's two)

    11. Which year did Pittsburgh win it Professional Basketball Championship? ***

    The Pittsburgh Pipers won the ABA title in 1968....most a-holes from Peetown don't even know that.

    12. Name the 6 people who have scored more career points than Shaquille O'Neal **

    Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone, Moses Malone, Julius Erving (this includes the ABA totals of Dr. J. and Moses)