Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. This is outta control...

This is outta control...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
2 Posts 1 Posters 469 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DestinFunk DestinFunkD
    • 291 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...pummel-mangini/

    Once upon a time, I could rattle off the names of 50 or more pro wrestlers.

    Hulk Hogan. Andre the Giant. Super Fly Snuka. Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff. The Iron Sheik. Ted DiBiase (who went on to become "The Million-Dollar Man"). Hacksaw Jim Duggan. The Junkyard Dog.

    OK, I still can rattle off the names of about 50 pro wrestlers.

    But those are all wrestlers from 20 or 30 years ago. I don't know anything about today's pro wrestlers, largely because I don't pay any attention to it.

    Unless the "sport" intersects with pro football.

    Recently, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger ventured far from his comfort zone (eye roll) and appeared on WWE's Monday Night Raw. Even more recently, a wrestler known as "The Miz" offered up a gem of a quote regarding one of Roethlisberger's chief rivals.

    "A person I'd like to see and smack the sh-t out of is [browns coach] Eric Mangini," Mr. Miz recently said, per ESPN.com. "That's what I'd like to do. He is doing absolutely horrific. He is horrible. Brady Quinn sucks. Derek Anderson sucks. But the reason why they suck is that their offensive line is not giving them time to throw the ball. I want to smack Eric Mangini so hard he poops himself."

    And there's an image that should carry the folks in the Eastern time zone right through the lunch hour.

    Mangini isn't the only guy on The Miz's hit list. He says he also wants to beat up the wrestler formerly known as "The Rock."

    "I think he's too much of a girl now," Miz says. "He's no longer The Rock, he's Dwayne Johnson. I'm Dwayne Johnson (in his best girly voice). I think now that he's Dwayne Johnson, I can take him. He's skinny. He's like a toothpick. He's what, 150-pounds soaking wet?"

    Making The Miz's quotes even more intriguing is the fact that the stuff he's saying sounds like things an NFL player might say. So, yeah, the line between the NFL and pro wrestling is getting blurry. And though we probably should be troubled by it, we're starting to sort of like it.

    ~Silence is boring!
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DestinFunk DestinFunkD
      • 291 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Did he really use the word "poop"? sounds scary...

      ~Silence is boring!
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      Theme
      • System
      • Light
      • Dark
      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Forums
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Donate