Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Friday 10/23 observations

Friday 10/23 observations

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 3 Posters 914 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    Here are this weeks musings:

    1. I almost had free tickets to go to only my second Browns game in the new stadium since the "return". A non profit that I am on the board of had 4 tix available, but by the time I e-mailed them back to say I might be interested someone else scarfed them up. I told them they owe me, but next time it had to be loge seats!

    2. Think about what a tragic, boring year in sports this would be if the Yankees win the World Series. That would mean that all the garbage teams in the major sports would have won titles in the major sports: Steelers, Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Yankees. Can anyone think of a more wasted year in sports than to have that outcome? Hopefully either the Angels can come back and win this series, or the Phillies can open a can up in the World Series. Though the Phillies won last year, and I am always in favor of fresh blood winning a title, there are some exceptions: Yankees, Lakers, Steelers. (Penguins winning would have been palatable had not the Steelers gotten lucky and pulled the SB out of their ass)

    3. Saw the movie Paranormal Activity. OK, guys and gals, here is my mini-review: It is a piece of shit. For further details see Westside Steve's review on this forum.

    4. Speaking of the Yankees, here is hoping that C.C. Sabathia chokes for them the same way he choked for the Tribe and for Milwaukee. If all it took was extra money for him to perform in the postseason, that, to me, demonstrates something lacking in the man...though of course I know he didn't WANT to choke the prior 2 seasons, I don't see why that skunk should change his stripes now and perform well in the post season just because he took the Yankee cash.

    5. Life can be tough sometimes. My sister lost her husband to an anyeurism about a month ago. He was the nicest, gentlest guy, and very young really. Only 60. In this day and age, that is too young to die.

    6. But as I believe Elton John sang, there is that Great Circle of Life: my same sister just had her third grand child born this week.

    7. Hot chick of the week: Ali Larter. Currently on Heroes. She was also in Legally Blonde, and in the first "Final Destination" movie I believe. Smokin'

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      One shot of Ali:

      photo198.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hey! What do you know! I just got called and told I do have two free tickets to the game!! Like I said, it will only be the second one I attend in the new stadium! The first one was the game the Browns played against the Patriots the first year old BB was their coach. I think the Browns won that game like 10-9 with Doug Pederson at QB!

        I am thinking of taking my daughter to her first professional sporting event.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
          • 28k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Zombo said:

          ali_larter_2109.jpg

          Oh her, the evil/good one. Nice.

          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            My seats for Sunday's game are Section 534, Row 31. How are those seats?

            Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I would trade them however, for a seat on Ali's whipped cream.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                My seats for Sunday's game are Section 534, Row 31. How are those seats?

                Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                • 4k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @the-gipper said:

                My seats for Sunday's game are Section 534, Row 31. How are those seats?

                I LOVE those seats! You're near (or AT!) midfield, high up, but you can see the entire field & really see a play develop. WHEN I buy season tickets, I hope comparable seats will be available. You lucked out!

                Take your Daughter. My first game at the new stadium was a pair of "nosebleed" tickets I won & I took youngest Daughter Maggie, who was a huge Tim Couch fan (his rookie year). We took binoculars & she had a fantastic day...she still talks about that game, even though she has been to others. Being a Dad, you will understand that her joy was worth FAR more than the game itself.

                Have fun.

                Mike

                IN DORSEY I TRUST
                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                  @the-gipper said:

                  My seats for Sunday's game are Section 534, Row 31. How are those seats?

                  I LOVE those seats! You're near (or AT!) midfield, high up, but you can see the entire field & really see a play develop. WHEN I buy season tickets, I hope comparable seats will be available. You lucked out!

                  Take your Daughter. My first game at the new stadium was a pair of "nosebleed" tickets I won & I took youngest Daughter Maggie, who was a huge Tim Couch fan (his rookie year). We took binoculars & she had a fantastic day...she still talks about that game, even though she has been to others. Being a Dad, you will understand that her joy was worth FAR more than the game itself.

                  Have fun.

                  Mike

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @canton-mike said:

                  I LOVE those seats! You're near (or AT!) midfield, high up, but you can see the entire field & really see a play develop. WHEN I buy season tickets, I hope comparable seats will be available. You lucked out!

                  Take your Daughter. My first game at the new stadium was a pair of "nosebleed" tickets I won & I took youngest Daughter Maggie, who was a huge Tim Couch fan (his rookie year). We took binoculars & she had a fantastic day...she still talks about that game, even though she has been to others. Being a Dad, you will understand that her joy was worth FAR more than the game itself.

                  Have fun.

                  Mike

                  Thanks, yes, I had a great view of the entire field, and I could see that fiasco develop quite well thank you. But my daughter could not attend. Perhaps that was merciful....for her

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate