Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Rolling Blackouts

Rolling Blackouts

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 7 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Silverback S
    • 164 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    S Silverback wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...g-in-cleveland/

    Blackouts coming in Cleveland?

    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2009 4:30 PM ET

    Since their rebirth as a franchise in 1999, the Cleveland Browns have never had a local TV blackout.

    That could change soon.

    The Browns' home game tomorrow against the Packers is already sold out, as is the Dec. 10 game against the Steelers. So those two games will be televised locally.

    But the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the team has no plans to slash ticket prices, and tickets are still available for Cleveland's four other remaining home games -- against the Ravens on Nov. 16, the Chargers Dec. 6, the Raiders Dec. 27 and the Jaguars Jan. 3.

    The Ravens game -- a traditional rivalry against the franchise that moved out of Cleveland -- might still sell out. But it's hard to see why fans would flock to the stadium to see the Browns play the Chargers, Raiders or Jaguars -- three games likely to feature two teams already eliminated from playoff contention, playing in bad weather.

    And so the new Cleveland Browns franchise may experience something that the old Cleveland Browns franchise experienced regularly: A game in front of a less-than-full stadium, and no local TV audience.

    🙄

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
      • 2k Posts
      • 29 Reputation
      TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
      #2

      sorry to burst his bubble but all of our games will be televised, i assure you that.

      Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
      S 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

        sorry to burst his bubble but all of our games will be televised, i assure you that.

        Silverback S
        • 164 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        S Silverback wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @theclevelandsound said:

        sorry to burst his bubble but all of our games will be televised, i assure you that.

        How can every game not be sold out before the season even starts??? I don't get it? Reading this board I keep hearing about some great fan base? I know that I have been on the season ticket waiting list for my team since 1995. I get a letter in the mail that gives me instructions on how to buy game tickets for the year. I have to call in at 10 am on a Saturday before the season to try and get a single ticket to a game. The entire season is sold out in a matter of minutes and I've been shut out completely online and on the phone the last two years because there were so many calls coming in I couldn't get through in time. I can't remember a time when every seat for the season wasn't gone the first day tickets were on sale here.

        So why would there be tickets to over half of your home games still available well into the season? I thought these types of problems only happened in bad NFL markets like Jacksonville and San Diego??? Why don't you guys want to support your team? Does the NFL need to move it again???

        ClevelandFanForLifeC 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 139 Reputation
          cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
          #4

          All i know is that I will be at the Raiders game. I had to pay for DTV anyway because I live in Alabama. Blackouts are bullshit, what else are they going to show on Sunday's.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S Silverback

            @theclevelandsound said:

            sorry to burst his bubble but all of our games will be televised, i assure you that.

            How can every game not be sold out before the season even starts??? I don't get it? Reading this board I keep hearing about some great fan base? I know that I have been on the season ticket waiting list for my team since 1995. I get a letter in the mail that gives me instructions on how to buy game tickets for the year. I have to call in at 10 am on a Saturday before the season to try and get a single ticket to a game. The entire season is sold out in a matter of minutes and I've been shut out completely online and on the phone the last two years because there were so many calls coming in I couldn't get through in time. I can't remember a time when every seat for the season wasn't gone the first day tickets were on sale here.

            So why would there be tickets to over half of your home games still available well into the season? I thought these types of problems only happened in bad NFL markets like Jacksonville and San Diego??? Why don't you guys want to support your team? Does the NFL need to move it again???

            ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 100 Reputation
            ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @silverback said:

            How can every game not be sold out before the season even starts??? I don't get it? Reading this board I keep hearing about some great fan base? I know that I have been on the season ticket waiting list for my team since 1995. I get a letter in the mail that gives me instructions on how to buy game tickets for the year. I have to call in at 10 am on a Saturday before the season to try and get a single ticket to a game. The entire season is sold out in a matter of minutes and I've been shut out completely online and on the phone the last two years because there were so many calls coming in I couldn't get through in time. I can't remember a time when every seat for the season wasn't gone the first day tickets were on sale here.

            So why would there be tickets to over half of your home games still available well into the season? I thought these types of problems only happened in bad NFL markets like Jacksonville and San Diego??? Why don't you guys want to support your team? Does the NFL need to move it again???

            did you ever stop to think maybe we are trying to send randy lerner a message? i'm going to guess that you don't think about much considering your previous posts. the only way to get lerner to listen is to hit him where it counts: in his wallet. if we don't sell out a few games (which won't happen considering we have 3 weeks until our next home game) maybe he will stop acting like an asshole and start making good decisions the fans want; not just ones he likes.

            once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • FALCON7 F Posting Machine Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 521 Posts
              • 62 Reputation
              F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I live in the Dayton area, and just talked to the local Fox station and she said it was out of their control, sounds like BS to me. We get the Steelers/Viking game. 😠 Oh by the way Dayton is about 50/50 Browns/Bungals fans.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 6k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Won't it be on WHIO? Bengals don't play til 415

                F 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 139 Reputation
                  ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Pittsburgh has one of the smallest modern day open air stadiums. It was built small because any bump in the road will result in a non-sellout.

                  Cleveland built one of the larger new stadiums, to accomodate their fan base. A non sell-out of a franchise that has put up 10 horrible seasons after screwing the fans of football and their legacy can be expected as it sends a message to the owner.

                  I on the other hand, not only re-upped my season tickets, I upgraded them this season. I'll see every one of those games in question.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                    Won't it be on WHIO? Bengals don't play til 415

                    FALCON7 F Posting Machine Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 521 Posts
                    • 62 Reputation
                    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7
                    #9

                    @vaportrail said:

                    Won't it be on WHIO? Bengals don't play til 415

                    No, it is a Fox game just like the Bengals. If it's an AFC vs NFC game and the NFC team is the visitor it's a Fox TV game.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate