Skip to content

DEREK ANDERSON IS BENCHED

The Browns Board
15 10 1.6k
  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

    "Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

    His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

    "No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

    WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

    "I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

    Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

  • Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

    "Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

    His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

    "No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

    WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

    "I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

    Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

    F flipflop wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

    "Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

    His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

    "No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

    WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

    "I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

    Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

    or ratlifff.

    wonder if BQ's house will be "too big" if he starts next week.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

    "Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

    His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

    "No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

    WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

    "I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

    Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

    or ratlifff.

    wonder if BQ's house will be "too big" if he starts next week.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @flipflop said:

    or ratlifff.

    wonder if BQ's house will be "too big" if he starts next week.

    I honestly dont think Mangini will go to Ratliff unless BQ fails again.

  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #4

    RAC was a goof; but Mangini is a complete tool....Anderson will be in there I am sure; why not he gives us a 'spark'

  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
    #5

    If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

  • If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

    it looked sort of empty today.

  • RAC was a goof; but Mangini is a complete tool....Anderson will be in there I am sure; why not he gives us a 'spark'

    N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @listercat said:

    RAC was a goof; but Mangini is a complete tool....Anderson will be in there I am sure; why not he gives us a 'spark'

    Is your comment referring to Mangini's handling of the QB situation or Mangini in general?

    No question the QB switch has not worked, but what has on this offense? There is absolutely no talent there now that Edwards and Winslow are gone. Lewis is finished. Massaquoi isn't there yet. No tight end. No quarterback. No nothing.I would rather see Quinn in control of this mess. We have GOT to see what he's worth before the end of the season.

    As a whole, I can't see how anybody is blaming Mangini for this mess. He did turn over half the roster, but did so with an eye on the future. The guys he brought in are not long-term solutions. I'm sure he knows this. He didn't give away talent for nothing. We do have picks coming. Obviously, this makes it paramount to hit on those choices. If we screw those up, then, yeah, Mangini is a tool.

    But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

  • If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

    You don't really think BQ is the answer to this team do you? We need to bring in a veteran QB if any available.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    If BQ doesn't start next week, the Browns stadium is gonna be EMPTY the rest of the season! THAT will get someone's attention.

    You don't really think BQ is the answer to this team do you? We need to bring in a veteran QB if any available.

    BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You don't really think BQ is the answer to this team do you? We need to bring in a veteran QB if any available.

    For what seems like the thousandth time...........WE DON'T KNOW WHAT BQ CAN DO!.............can it really hurt to let him try to develop?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You don't really think BQ is the answer to this team do you? We need to bring in a veteran QB if any available.

    For what seems like the thousandth time...........WE DON'T KNOW WHAT BQ CAN DO!.............can it really hurt to let him try to develop?

    F flipflop wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    For what seems like the thousandth time...........WE DON'T KNOW WHAT BQ CAN DO!.............can it really hurt to let him try to develop?

    maybe with 2 of those 11 picks next year we can draft a gm and a coach.

  • @listercat said:

    RAC was a goof; but Mangini is a complete tool....Anderson will be in there I am sure; why not he gives us a 'spark'

    Is your comment referring to Mangini's handling of the QB situation or Mangini in general?

    No question the QB switch has not worked, but what has on this offense? There is absolutely no talent there now that Edwards and Winslow are gone. Lewis is finished. Massaquoi isn't there yet. No tight end. No quarterback. No nothing.I would rather see Quinn in control of this mess. We have GOT to see what he's worth before the end of the season.

    As a whole, I can't see how anybody is blaming Mangini for this mess. He did turn over half the roster, but did so with an eye on the future. The guys he brought in are not long-term solutions. I'm sure he knows this. He didn't give away talent for nothing. We do have picks coming. Obviously, this makes it paramount to hit on those choices. If we screw those up, then, yeah, Mangini is a tool.

    But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

    D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

    I agree. It is simple. Before each game compare the Browns starters at each position and without bias who would you take. Add up the numbers and you can then decide whether the browns should compete in that game or possibly win that game.

    I would guess that there would be three or four starters from the browns that the packers would like to have: Rogers, Thomas, and MAYBE Steinbach and maybe vickers. What other current starters would you take a browns player over the starter for the Packers?

  • E EdwardG wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I think it makes more sense to throw DA to the wolves next week in Chicago, then install BQ as the starter in the Bye week. The problem with that is that you have Baltimore at home the following week, and that's a D that neither QB can handle. Oh yes, and waiting another week ensures, I think, that Quinn doesn't get his bonus.

    Hopefully Mangini has fully evaluated DA at this point and realizes that he should be cut after the year. They can use that 7.4M salary in total next year for better things.

  • @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

    I agree. It is simple. Before each game compare the Browns starters at each position and without bias who would you take. Add up the numbers and you can then decide whether the browns should compete in that game or possibly win that game.

    I would guess that there would be three or four starters from the browns that the packers would like to have: Rogers, Thomas, and MAYBE Steinbach and maybe vickers. What other current starters would you take a browns player over the starter for the Packers?

    N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @dawgtracker said:

    I agree. It is simple. Before each game compare the Browns starters at each position and without bias who would you take. Add up the numbers and you can then decide whether the browns should compete in that game or possibly win that game.

    I would guess that there would be three or four starters from the browns that the packers would like to have: Rogers, Thomas, and MAYBE Steinbach and maybe vickers. What other current starters would you take a browns player over the starter for the Packers?

    All you have to do is look within the division.

    QB: Roethlisberger, Palmer, Flacco, Anderson.

    RB: Parker, Rice, Benson, Lewis

    WRs: Ward/Holmes, Mason/Clayton, Johnson/Coles, Massaquoi/?

    TE: Miller, Heap, Coffman/Coats, Heiden

    LBs: Woodley/Farrior/Harrison, Lewis/Suggs, Maualuga/Hodge, Barton/Jackson

    CBs: Ratliff/Taylor, Joseph/Hall, Washington/Foxworth, Wright/McDonald

    Safety: Polamalu, Reed, Ndukwe, Pool

    DE: Keisel/Smith, Odom/Geathers, Edwards/Pryce, Smith/Coleman

    Of these positions, we are clearly last in talent in all of them. And it's not even close on QB, RB, WR, LB, and Safety. Those are the sobering facts. We HAVE to draft better the next two years to have any chance of closing the gap within the next four or five seasons.

  • busterB buster wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Mangini is going to "look at the numbers"

    😆😆😆

    I say Anderson ends up getting 2 coaches fired.....maybe the next will finally see that he is completly useless.

  • Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
    #15

    WHO cares! put him in then we will lose 31 to 0