Skip to content

Mangini Sticking with DA

The Browns Board
25 22 2.8k
  • Been a looooong time since I posted here. How is everyone doing?

    Anyways...

    According to Mary Kay over at Cleveland.com Mangini has announced that he is sticking with DA this week.

    I know Quinn's dink and dunk game isn't to exciting to watch, but at least, meh...nevermind, they both stink.

    Anyone else this frustrated and hopeless?

  • Just vomited in my mouth a little....amazing that this is true....

  • Been a looooong time since I posted here. How is everyone doing?

    Anyways...

    According to Mary Kay over at Cleveland.com Mangini has announced that he is sticking with DA this week.

    I know Quinn's dink and dunk game isn't to exciting to watch, but at least, meh...nevermind, they both stink.

    Anyone else this frustrated and hopeless?

    @rwshields said:

    Been a looooong time since I posted here. How is everyone doing?

    Anyways...

    According to Mary Kay over at Cleveland.com Mangini has announced that he is sticking with DA this week.

    I know Quinn's dink and dunk game isn't to exciting to watch, but at least, meh...nevermind, they both stink.

    Anyone else this frustrated and hopeless?

    Welcome back ... misery loves company.

  • Gay. See you guys next year.

  • Why not.......lets see what DA has to offer.......it's not like we've really given him a chance....... 😵

  • What a joke

  • Mangini also stressed that not using Brady Quinn has nothing to do with keeping him from getting 70% of the plays, which would trigger $10.9 million in contract escalators.

    "Nothing,'' said Mangini. "Zero.''

    HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHA...

    right.

  • I like the part where he pointed to the pass that went to the 1 and ALMOST scored a touchdown. That sounds like a highschool football coach.

  • Hey, Zombo, I know you prefer DA over BQ but I also know that you prefer Ws to Ls any day of the week.

    If YOU were in charge, would you start DA, BQ, or Ratliff the rest of the season?

    IMHO, if he continues to start DA and DA continues to throw up (the fans actually are throwing up) miserable numbers it won't be long until Mangini becomes the laughing stock of the NFL. That is if he isn't already.

    I can't believe things are this bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • I can't wait for week #9.

  • The fact people are calling for Mangini's job is laughable. I'm on board with Mangini and Kokinis for now. They have 11 draft picks. Not playing Quinn is all about that stupid contract he's playing for. We want to be in the best position for the uncapped year in 2010.

    The DA vs BQ talk doesn't matter. Neither one of them is the answer in Cleveland. Mangini had Pennington and Farve....no comparison. Watching the Jets this year says all I need to know about the talent Mangini brought in when he was with the Jets...(especially that Oline).

    Play all of your young talent ...find out what you have and look for 2010. That's the only option

    Mike

  • Zombo is right. The whole time I was putting down our 2 quaterbacks when the whole team is a joke. At this point we have nothing to lose but draft picks if we win.

  • Zombo is right. The whole time I was putting down our 2 quaterbacks when the whole team is a joke. At this point we have nothing to lose but draft picks if we win.

    @medicineman said:

    Zombo is right. The whole time I was putting down our 2 quaterbacks when the whole team is a joke. At this point we have nothing to lose but draft picks if we win.

    I was thinking the same thing, but we will manage to even screw that up and win 1 or 2 games yet.

  • Even Jamarcus Russell was finally benched in favor of our what... 4th string QB from a season ago, and Russell has been playing better than Anderson. It's really unbelievable

  • I can't wait for week #9.

    @atenears said:

    I can't wait for week #9.

    I can't wait for week #16

  • Even Jamarcus Russell was finally benched in favor of our what... 4th string QB from a season ago, and Russell has been playing better than Anderson. It's really unbelievable

    @nasheq said:

    Even Jamarcus Russell was finally benched in favor of our what... 4th string QB from a season ago, and Russell has been playing better than Anderson. It's really unbelievable

    No Zombo is right. This is far more than a quaterback problem. Are defense is unwatchable they look like they don't want to tackle anybody. we look like a bunch of idiots. It is really getting hard to show our Cleveland pride anymore. And it looks like they are not even trying win. We need some vet leaders. That is the only reason I like J. Lewis right now. I loved what J.J brought to the table along with Willie M. Ya they were old but they had leadership.

  • the defense quit playing why,well when you feel beat, and the offense putters over and over again ,and your getting pounded, and see no chance week in and week out ,and your field general sucks week in and week out ,the team has no spirit,..and gives up, also least we not forget , when you had edwards,winslow,jj,,heiden,stallworth,, with tucker and still a decent o-line your boy still sucked after mid-season 07 and all of 08, so cut the pass drop talent shit for not doing good..

    the fans boo the team , the stadiums empty ,and out trots da again ,,m-man and zombo its not even funny for shit and giggles to get other posters worked up anymore ,after 3 weeks in a row and 12 for 29 1 int. and 2 fumbles 32nd passer rating for 2 years in a row now and you still antagonize the other posters with your bullshit its getting old,how in hell do you rah-rah da still ,no wonder half the board left ,they want to discuss what and how to win and you 2 espically want to keep basting da just enough to keep pissing intelligent posters off to leave for another board,,pretty soon if you keep it up you will be talking to each other because nobody else will be here...even lumm chilled out ...this is my advice ,take it or leave it ,later...

  • the defense quit playing why,well when you feel beat, and the offense putters over and over again ,and your getting pounded, and see no chance week in and week out ,and your field general sucks week in and week out ,the team has no spirit,..and gives up, also least we not forget , when you had edwards,winslow,jj,,heiden,stallworth,, with tucker and still a decent o-line your boy still sucked after mid-season 07 and all of 08, so cut the pass drop talent shit for not doing good..

    the fans boo the team , the stadiums empty ,and out trots da again ,,m-man and zombo its not even funny for shit and giggles to get other posters worked up anymore ,after 3 weeks in a row and 12 for 29 1 int. and 2 fumbles 32nd passer rating for 2 years in a row now and you still antagonize the other posters with your bullshit its getting old,how in hell do you rah-rah da still ,no wonder half the board left ,they want to discuss what and how to win and you 2 espically want to keep basting da just enough to keep pissing intelligent posters off to leave for another board,,pretty soon if you keep it up you will be talking to each other because nobody else will be here...even lumm chilled out ...this is my advice ,take it or leave it ,later...

    @thedawgs said:

    the defense quit playing why,well when you feel beat, and the offense putters over and over again ,and your getting pounded, and see no chance week in and week out ,and your field general sucks week in and week out ,the team has no spirit,..and gives up, also least we not forget , when you had edwards,winslow,jj,,heiden,stallworth,, with tucker and still a decent o-line your boy still sucked after mid-season 07 and all of 08, so cut the pass drop talent shit for not doing good..

    the fans boo the team , the stadiums empty ,and out trots da again ,,m-man and zombo its not even funny for shit and giggles to get other posters worked up anymore ,after 3 weeks in a row and 12 for 29 1 int. and 2 fumbles 32nd passer rating for 2 years in a row now and you still antagonize the other posters with your bullshit its getting old,how in hell do you rah-rah da still ,no wonder half the board left ,they want to discuss what and how to win and you 2 espically want to keep basting da just enough to keep pissing intelligent posters off to leave for another board,,pretty soon if you keep it up you will be talking to each other because nobody else will be here...even lumm chilled out ...this is my advice ,take it or leave it ,later...

    I'm a person who, all along, has favored keeping Quinn in from the start of the season. I think Zombo gave a thoughtful answer to a direct question and I can see his point. I don't agree with him, but his position seems reasonable to me, all things considered. So I think you're way off base with the "antagonizing other posters" accusation. Besides, the "recent unpleasantness" is now tired old news. We've all gotten over it and have reverted to friendly, if spirited, discussion. I suggest joining in rather than casting aspersions.

  • I don't agree with Zombo either...I think possibly having a QB protect the ball and try to get some drives together might be just what the team needs. I think that we need to do something...Anderson has been dreadful...Quinn was pathetic but have to remember it's only been 6 starts in the NFL as opposed to Andersons 36 starts and he isn't getting better. Quinn just might get better and turn more into the guy who was a pretty good college Qb.

    I was completely against the thought of getting rid of a coach/gm combo after one year...but if this shit keeps up much longer, Lerner will have no choice but to make another change when there's guys like Shanahan, Gruden and Cowher out there looking for jobs this offseason. The empty seats and blackouts at the end of the season will force him into blowing this up after one season especially if we continue to get beat this bad. What would really be the difference at that point?

  • @atenears said:

    I can't wait for week #9.

    I can't wait for week #16

    @deadwombat said:

    I can't wait for week #16

    I can't wait for training camp!