Skip to content

Lerner's email to Browns fans

The Browns Board
54 29 3.9k
  • @solon16 said:

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

    I truly hope everyone participates on monday nite!!!

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    @ballpeen said:

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

  • @vaportrail said:

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

  • @vaportrail said:

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    Mass suicide? Muni-lots?

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think not.

    The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

    Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

    Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

    I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

    @tn-browns-backer said:

    I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

    Beg all you want.

    I think it would be better for those people to not come at all....it would smell better.

    We have a society of whiners...and this is big time whining...bandwagon stuff.

    You don't want to go....fine..don't go...but this is chickenshit stuff here.

    Me...I have season tickets and drive up from Chattanooga 5 times a year.

    My butt is in my seat 30 minutes before kick-off.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

    @solon16 said:

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

    I live in Tennessee and have season tickets.

    So you are one of those guys who tells people how to cheer and root for their team but doesn't go to games.

    Figures.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

    @brownb499 said:

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

    You asked a serious question.

    I don't have the answer...

    We haven't won a damn thing since 1964 when I was a teenager...if anyone should be pissed, it's me and other fans like me...and i am....but making Browns fans look like wimps ISN'T the answer.

  • could you imagine Rooney or Modell writing a letter like this to the public? this shows he is lost and hasn't a clue.

    Browns football should be a reality tv show where fans can come in and coach . Good god, an NFL owner telling everyone he is trying after they threaten to boycott him and cost him money for being a 10 year jackass of a failure.

    ''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support, making a difference.

    Was he drunk when he wrote this incoherent sentence? Lerner's philosophy is cross your fingers, click your heels three times, and find a four leaf clover before every game and the browns will do fine..

  • Demanding you get your money's worth is whining?

    This is no different than buying a car that's a peace of crap

    Being served food that's not what you ordered

    I say BS , you let it be known your not happy with the current product

    And it was a serious question, How ?

    Don't show up ? Wear a bag over your head ? Carry a sign,hoping the camera finds you?

    I think 30,000 empty seats at kickoff sends a message loud and clear

    I don't see this protest as an embarrassment at all ,It's my way of letting the rest of the nation

    know that Browns fans are tired of getting chopped liver, when we payed for sirloin

  • I will be in my seats for kick off and if one of these "fans" seriously tries to stop me I will be pissed

  • I'm on the fence about this. First is that it show yes we are frustrated ,but it in my opinion even thought we are doing bad we still have to show why we are browns fans

  • Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

    You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

  • Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

    You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

    nmills said:

    Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

    You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

    Yeah I totally agree with this yes are team is terrible but most of this team was from Romeo and some of the players were drama queens. Yeah so what if they were are stars on the team most drama queens reck a team. We Cannot say fire him if we have yet to know what he will do.

    If I'm correct the last team that did that was the Raiders with Art Shell

  • Thanks for the email Randy. He could have just sent a tweet or a facebook post, but he spent the time to draft an email, that shows some serious dedication to the franchise.

    On the "Brown Out." I think it is a complicated issue. If it was another team with fairweather fans, we would be calling them whiny bitches. But this is the Browns and we are long-suffering fans. These aren't wounds that happened overnight. This is RR88, The Drive, The Fumble, and losing our team just to see it win a Superbowl in another city. We are fans that keep this franchise one of the most profitable in the league despite year after year of abysmal play. We line Lerner's pockets with dollars because of our loyalty, and at some point I think it is fair to ask for something back. Hell, we aren't asking for Superbowl rings, we're asking for a team that can score a goddamn touchdown and not be laughingstocks of the league. We cheer for a losing team that makes mistake after mistake every year while watching our division rival win 6 Superbowls and evolve into one of the most rock solid teams in the league. Will standing in the concourse for the opening kickoff make a difference? Probably not, but it may show that even the most amazing fans in the NFL have a breaking point.

  • most seats at CBS are empty in the 4th Q.

    you can't call yourselves great fans when you leave before the Browns get a first down.

  • most seats at CBS are empty in the 4th Q.

    you can't call yourselves great fans when you leave before the Browns get a first down.

    @djhero said:

    most seats at CBS are empty in the 4th Q.

    you can't call yourselves great fans when you leave before the Browns get a first down.

    With the way Anderson leads this amazing offense, that might just not happen UNTIL the 4th quarter anyhow! 😆

  • @solon16 said:

    eat shit...you no better than me...pompous ass

    Great post.

    I thought you left this board??

    At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

    And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

  • @solon16 said:

    eat shit...you no better than me...pompous ass

    Great post.

    I thought you left this board??

    At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

    And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

    @ballpeen said:

    Great post.

    I thought you left this board??

    At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

    And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

    I think it is stupid and childish. Whoever thought this up is a dimwit. If you don't like the team, don't show up. Sell your season tickets. Go buy a Steeler Jersey at Kmart. Doing this will accomplish nothing.

  • Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

    You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

    nmills said:

    Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

    You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

    I expect us to compete

    Is an offensive TD a couple times a game asking too much ?

    lose 21-14, 16 -13,that's competitive,if we're going to lose in the name of rebuilding,you better be showing

    a glimmer of hope for the future,I'm seeing serious questions as to whether this staff knows what it's doing

    they knew in July that Hieden would be questionable this season,yet here we are in mid Oct picking up

    a TE,they couldn't see a need in camp ?

    The offense was abysmal last year,yet amazingly it's worse this year

    were these two QBs really this bad last year ? I don't think so,not this bad

    they BOTH look lost,confused,insecure,and completely incapable of playing QB at this level

    I agree you can't fire this guy at the halfway point,even after we get drilled in Chicago on Sunday

    but from what I've seen so far ,I can see this team losing to Detroit,KC,Jacksonville,and even Oakland

    and not only losing ,but getting pounded by the bottom of the league in at least two of those games

    If that happens,that's NOT rebuilding,that's suckage

    Bottom line

    Salesman sell, no matter what the economy ,no matter what the product

    Coaches ,coach whatever the talent,whatever the circumstance

    Winners win...PERIOD we hear every year of teams that over achieve (Denver ?)

    I didn't expect a Superbowl this year,or next,but I do expect to see us compete and improve,so far I haven't seen either

  • I dont agree, I think every week we were improving up until the Green Bay game. They were playing with an attitude on defense for the first time in along time. Then we got the flu bug everyone misses a couple practices, so we show up to the Green Bay game under the weather and unprepared. We get are ass' wipped and the Browns effort and attitude looked nothing like it did the previous weeks. So now everyone's overeacting about how horrible we are, and forget the progress we were making before that game. Im gonna chalk that one up as an unfortunate situation, move on against Chicago and hope to show the progress they were making before Green Bay

  • I don't think a brown out is a show of whiners

    It is letting management know that fans feel that the product on the field is below expectations.

    This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Couch and Detmer had been knocked out for the season.

    This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Zeus got his eye taken out bye a ref's wild bean bag pitch.

    This team has more talent than the 1999 Browns, so to have this low level of play indicates that either the coaching is entirely bad, or the team, 7 games in has by and large quit on the team. This team is lethargic. One way or another it's on Mangini.

    Its bad enough getting only 2 winning seasons in 11 years. That the team looks as bad as Chris Palmers 2000 "Runaway Train Wreck" team at not even the halfway point indicates massive suckage.

    Butch Davis took the Policy/Clark team and at least fielded an entertaining 7-9 team.