Lerner's email to Browns fans
-
Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.
You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.
nmills said:
Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.
Yeah I totally agree with this yes are team is terrible but most of this team was from Romeo and some of the players were drama queens. Yeah so what if they were are stars on the team most drama queens reck a team. We Cannot say fire him if we have yet to know what he will do.
If I'm correct the last team that did that was the Raiders with Art Shell
-
Thanks for the email Randy. He could have just sent a tweet or a facebook post, but he spent the time to draft an email, that shows some serious dedication to the franchise.
On the "Brown Out." I think it is a complicated issue. If it was another team with fairweather fans, we would be calling them whiny bitches. But this is the Browns and we are long-suffering fans. These aren't wounds that happened overnight. This is RR88, The Drive, The Fumble, and losing our team just to see it win a Superbowl in another city. We are fans that keep this franchise one of the most profitable in the league despite year after year of abysmal play. We line Lerner's pockets with dollars because of our loyalty, and at some point I think it is fair to ask for something back. Hell, we aren't asking for Superbowl rings, we're asking for a team that can score a goddamn touchdown and not be laughingstocks of the league. We cheer for a losing team that makes mistake after mistake every year while watching our division rival win 6 Superbowls and evolve into one of the most rock solid teams in the league. Will standing in the concourse for the opening kickoff make a difference? Probably not, but it may show that even the most amazing fans in the NFL have a breaking point.
-
most seats at CBS are empty in the 4th Q.
you can't call yourselves great fans when you leave before the Browns get a first down.
-
@solon16 said:
eat shit...you no better than me...pompous assGreat post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
-
@solon16 said:
eat shit...you no better than me...pompous assGreat post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
Great post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
I think it is stupid and childish. Whoever thought this up is a dimwit. If you don't like the team, don't show up. Sell your season tickets. Go buy a Steeler Jersey at Kmart. Doing this will accomplish nothing.
-
Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.
You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.
nmills said:
Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.
I expect us to compete
Is an offensive TD a couple times a game asking too much ?
lose 21-14, 16 -13,that's competitive,if we're going to lose in the name of rebuilding,you better be showing
a glimmer of hope for the future,I'm seeing serious questions as to whether this staff knows what it's doing
they knew in July that Hieden would be questionable this season,yet here we are in mid Oct picking up
a TE,they couldn't see a need in camp ?
The offense was abysmal last year,yet amazingly it's worse this year
were these two QBs really this bad last year ? I don't think so,not this bad
they BOTH look lost,confused,insecure,and completely incapable of playing QB at this level
I agree you can't fire this guy at the halfway point,even after we get drilled in Chicago on Sunday
but from what I've seen so far ,I can see this team losing to Detroit,KC,Jacksonville,and even Oakland
and not only losing ,but getting pounded by the bottom of the league in at least two of those games
If that happens,that's NOT rebuilding,that's suckage
Bottom line
Salesman sell, no matter what the economy ,no matter what the product
Coaches ,coach whatever the talent,whatever the circumstance
Winners win...PERIOD we hear every year of teams that over achieve (Denver ?)
I didn't expect a Superbowl this year,or next,but I do expect to see us compete and improve,so far I haven't seen either
-
I dont agree, I think every week we were improving up until the Green Bay game. They were playing with an attitude on defense for the first time in along time. Then we got the flu bug everyone misses a couple practices, so we show up to the Green Bay game under the weather and unprepared. We get are ass' wipped and the Browns effort and attitude looked nothing like it did the previous weeks. So now everyone's overeacting about how horrible we are, and forget the progress we were making before that game. Im gonna chalk that one up as an unfortunate situation, move on against Chicago and hope to show the progress they were making before Green Bay
-
I don't think a brown out is a show of whiners
It is letting management know that fans feel that the product on the field is below expectations.
This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Couch and Detmer had been knocked out for the season.
This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Zeus got his eye taken out bye a ref's wild bean bag pitch.
This team has more talent than the 1999 Browns, so to have this low level of play indicates that either the coaching is entirely bad, or the team, 7 games in has by and large quit on the team. This team is lethargic. One way or another it's on Mangini.
Its bad enough getting only 2 winning seasons in 11 years. That the team looks as bad as Chris Palmers 2000 "Runaway Train Wreck" team at not even the halfway point indicates massive suckage.
Butch Davis took the Policy/Clark team and at least fielded an entertaining 7-9 team.
-
I don't think a brown out is a show of whiners
It is letting management know that fans feel that the product on the field is below expectations.
This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Couch and Detmer had been knocked out for the season.
This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Zeus got his eye taken out bye a ref's wild bean bag pitch.
This team has more talent than the 1999 Browns, so to have this low level of play indicates that either the coaching is entirely bad, or the team, 7 games in has by and large quit on the team. This team is lethargic. One way or another it's on Mangini.
Its bad enough getting only 2 winning seasons in 11 years. That the team looks as bad as Chris Palmers 2000 "Runaway Train Wreck" team at not even the halfway point indicates massive suckage.
Butch Davis took the Policy/Clark team and at least fielded an entertaining 7-9 team.
-
This whole thing is rediculous. i can't wait to walk past the 50 or so people that will be "protesting." That will be funny.
BTW, what will they be protesting? Do any of them think that you could trade KWII and Braylon for what is essentially draft choices AND be better this year? If any of them intentionally miss the National Anthem and then go into the Stadium, i think that is pretty disrespectful.
-
@solon16 said:
eat shit...you no better than me...pompous assGreat post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
\
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
No because even management stops watching the games by that point. This is MNF, and the message will be sent loud and clear. I dont know why anyonw here is against this. I have been a member of this board for maybe almost a week and EVERY topic is someone upset about something, people begging for things to be done... well here is your chance. Anyone who does not participate should not be allowed to complain at all and SHOULD have to deal with this season. Just my opinion but I think if your going to complain about how bad things are, you should act and not complain about the season and then complain about people trying to make some sort of statement. It has NOTHING to do with fair-weather acts of fan-hood. If that were the case, Mike Randall would not have organized this and just sold his tickets. If THAT were the case, no one would post on this board because we would all band wagon some 7-0 team.
Im tired of people complaining about the team and organization and then criticizing the people who want to do something to try to make a difference while being true fans.
-
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.
Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.
WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?
BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.
I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team
-
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.
Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.
WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?
BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.
I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team
88fingerslewy said:
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.
WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?
BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.
I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team
God bless you!
-
My thought is that Browns fans start showing up in all black or with black arm bands to indicate they are in mourning over the death of real football in Cleveland.
-
You think they don't know? How is that possible?
Listening to mangini's press conferences, I'd say some of the Browns management team have no idea of how bad it is, or about fan feeling
-
I find this absolutely hilarious. Even the most optimistic of fans were only giving 6-7 wins for this year. We have played far and away the toughest schedule in the league this year. What did everyone expect? You predict 4 wins but thought they were going to look competitive against the best the NFL has to offer? Isn't only winning 4 games predicated on not being very good; combined with a new coach, new philosophy and 30 something new players and we were just going to come out of hang with the big boys?
This season is progressing just the way I thought it would. We've looked terrible, completely inept at times against a brutal schedule. As of now, we only play two teams with winning records after the bye. Some of you really seem to think that KC and Detroit are going to run as in the same manner that GB did? Sorry, I just don't see it. As far as the 'Brown Out' is concerned all we'd be doing is giving the Browns a gift. Instead of the talk being how terrible of a team we are...it will become look at these fans...supposedly the best in football "protesting" a division prime time game in the hopes of what. That they'll fire Mangini, there you go. Think our organization is a joke now, let Lerner fire Mangini b/c of the fans. Just unbelievable, go back and read some of OUR predictions for this season and tell me where the team is so far off from what WE knew was coming.
-
This is a good idea. I'll tell you why.
If you went to an amusement park and had season tickets you would want the park to have the best rides available and in great working order. If the rides were broken down and crappy you would let management know you were not satisfied, wouldn't you?
If you had a job where the conditions were unsatisfactory and you were under paid, you would let management know, would you not?
If you don't speak up, you are saying you have no problem with the way management is running their business.
You guys love the Browns and will continue showing your support by helping them sell out the stadium year after year, but when you support something the other side must show its appreciation by giving their very best that you and your money deserve.
-
Management already understands were not satisfied. They fired the whole regime last year, what do you want them to do now fire the new regime 7 games in. Thats obsured
-
Chuck Noll's last 7 years he had a record of 51-60. 1991 he finished 7-9. 1992, enter Bill Cowher. Cowher, in the 1st 6 years, goes to playoffs every year, including a SB berth and 2 AFCC games.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
