Lerner's email to Browns fans
-
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.
Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.
WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?
BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.
I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team
88fingerslewy said:
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.
WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?
BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.
I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team
God bless you!
-
My thought is that Browns fans start showing up in all black or with black arm bands to indicate they are in mourning over the death of real football in Cleveland.
-
You think they don't know? How is that possible?
Listening to mangini's press conferences, I'd say some of the Browns management team have no idea of how bad it is, or about fan feeling
-
I find this absolutely hilarious. Even the most optimistic of fans were only giving 6-7 wins for this year. We have played far and away the toughest schedule in the league this year. What did everyone expect? You predict 4 wins but thought they were going to look competitive against the best the NFL has to offer? Isn't only winning 4 games predicated on not being very good; combined with a new coach, new philosophy and 30 something new players and we were just going to come out of hang with the big boys?
This season is progressing just the way I thought it would. We've looked terrible, completely inept at times against a brutal schedule. As of now, we only play two teams with winning records after the bye. Some of you really seem to think that KC and Detroit are going to run as in the same manner that GB did? Sorry, I just don't see it. As far as the 'Brown Out' is concerned all we'd be doing is giving the Browns a gift. Instead of the talk being how terrible of a team we are...it will become look at these fans...supposedly the best in football "protesting" a division prime time game in the hopes of what. That they'll fire Mangini, there you go. Think our organization is a joke now, let Lerner fire Mangini b/c of the fans. Just unbelievable, go back and read some of OUR predictions for this season and tell me where the team is so far off from what WE knew was coming.
-
This is a good idea. I'll tell you why.
If you went to an amusement park and had season tickets you would want the park to have the best rides available and in great working order. If the rides were broken down and crappy you would let management know you were not satisfied, wouldn't you?
If you had a job where the conditions were unsatisfactory and you were under paid, you would let management know, would you not?
If you don't speak up, you are saying you have no problem with the way management is running their business.
You guys love the Browns and will continue showing your support by helping them sell out the stadium year after year, but when you support something the other side must show its appreciation by giving their very best that you and your money deserve.
-
Management already understands were not satisfied. They fired the whole regime last year, what do you want them to do now fire the new regime 7 games in. Thats obsured
-
Chuck Noll's last 7 years he had a record of 51-60. 1991 he finished 7-9. 1992, enter Bill Cowher. Cowher, in the 1st 6 years, goes to playoffs every year, including a SB berth and 2 AFCC games.
-
@solon16 said:
eat shit...you no better than me...pompous assGreat post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
Great post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
I didn't tell you to do anything...I told you what I would do...You thought i left for what reason? Cause I post on another message board? Didn't you say you were 31 or something like that? if so you have NO idea what someone who is 41 has been through with this team...punk
-
solidarity from pittsburgh. i know most of you could give a shit less what a steeler fan thinks, but i think the idea to not show up in the seats till after kickoff is a great idea.
cleveland deserves a top notch product, being that the browns are one of the most proud sports franchises of all time.
we in pittsburgh do in fact miss the rivalry. we love playing you guys, but it would be better if you guys laid it to us every once in a while.
so...solidarity, and beat the shit out of the ravens. peace.
-
Blogger on Yahoo's shutdown corner said that we better not miss the kickoff because it is the only time the Browns aren't losing during most games. Nice.
-
Great post.
I thought you left this board??
At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.
And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?
I didn't tell you to do anything...I told you what I would do...You thought i left for what reason? Cause I post on another message board? Didn't you say you were 31 or something like that? if so you have NO idea what someone who is 41 has been through with this team...punk
I didn't tell you to do anything...
Yes you did.....told told me to eat shit. ( I didn't listen)
All that aside....I understand the frustration, and maybe yours is more than mine since I have seen some championship football and you are too young to have seen that.
So as far as I am concerned, we have no beef.
I still think it is a goofy proposition.
To each their own.
-
I dont now if enough people will...but if he is responding to this already than the job is done..
I really dont think Lerner is a bad guy that doenst give a sheit and is milking the joint...i really think he just doesnt know what to do..much like you or i would be lost in his position.
He spends money..he has money...they just need something to go right for once.
I dont now if enough people will...but if he is responding to this already than the job is done..
I really dont think Lerner is a bad guy that doenst give a sheit and is milking the joint...i really think he just doesnt know what to do..much like you or i would be lost in his position.
He spends money..he has money...they just need something to go right for once.
nicely said,
and honestly, i don't see the point of protesting, yeah we want to have a winning season. but whats protesting going to do to help that? What we should do is keep giving the team support. I don't know if any of you played in high school or college but when the crowd is really supporting me when i played in high school I always got a "rush" if you will and did start playing harder. Yes, I know, the browns fans are the loudest and best fans in the NFL. but if all the fans are outside the stadium protesting everything that they are at the moment, then who will be inside the stadium trying to help our team get that rush or adrealine.( can't spell ). its childish if you ask me. yeah, im fed up with the teams losing streak trust me, I am a year after year ticket season holder, my family even had seats in the OLD stadium. so don't tell me that I am not a meaningless voice.
-
http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=2...910302102798371
Rob Ryan is pissed about planned brown out!
They deserve better and we'll give them better
" dissention is the highest form of participation" quote from famous philosopher...aristotle maybe...
-
http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=2...910302102798371
Rob Ryan is pissed about planned brown out!
They deserve better and we'll give them better
" dissention is the highest form of participation" quote from famous philosopher...aristotle maybe...
http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=2...910302102798371
Rob Ryan is pissed about planned brown out!
They deserve better and we'll give them better
" dissention is the highest form of participation" quote from famous philosopher...aristotle maybe...
I don't think they understand that our standards have gotten so low that we'd be thrilled with ANY small improvement over what looks like regression.
-
That was an interesting email. Basically he said that there was no continuation within the organization even though the staff remained the same. That is pretty sad, he must hate giving Phil that money each year because he has said he appreciated Romeo's integrity.
He also inferred that they knew it could be a tough year for wins, especially early. So, when mangini speaks about improvement he is talking about executing the correct things (being in the right spot, making the right read) not necessarily results. Mangini isn't throwing anyone under the bus concerning their ability. He is playing with what he was dealt.
With a good draft and free agency this team can improve tremendously.
I understand the frustration but having a brown out when the ravens are coming to town really sucks, kind of gives Modell another free shot
I understand the frustration but having a brown out when the ravens are coming to town really sucks, kind of gives Modell another free shot
Hell with the Ravens, they shouldn't be in existence, or in our division in the first place (AFC EAST please). What's done is done, but the NFL totally botched the Baltimore situation when they let Jacksonville in on expansion.
While I am not going to boycott, this IS the perfect game & opponent to do so....trouble is, it should have been done in 1999...just think, 72,000 empty seats to bitch slap the NFL & Modell in our return season.
While this team is driving us all nuts this year, I am keeping the faith and hoping that Mangini knows what he's doing, and indeed has a plan.
GO BROWNS

-
Management already understands were not satisfied. They fired the whole regime last year, what do you want them to do now fire the new regime 7 games in. Thats obsured
nmills said:
Management already understands were not satisfied. They fired the whole regime last year, what do you want them to do now fire the new regime 7 games in. Thats obsuredWell said ... can't wait until we win the game tomorow in Chicago and PudPound Mike looks like a doofus for leading this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login