Skip to content

Lerner's email to Browns fans

The Browns Board
54 29 3.9k
  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

    I truly hope everyone participates on monday nite!!!

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #2

    he is using big words to confuse me 😵

  • DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I dont now if enough people will...but if he is responding to this already than the job is done..

    I really dont think Lerner is a bad guy that doenst give a sheit and is milking the joint...i really think he just doesnt know what to do..much like you or i would be lost in his position.

    He spends money..he has money...they just need something to go right for once.

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #4

    ''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support making a difference. "

    Good intentions hope and luck are not going to get it done. How about a stinking PLAN and good people to run the show... Sounds like blowing smoke to me. This team was one game from the playoffs two years ago.. and now we have to look forward to embarrasments every week.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #5

    That was an interesting email. Basically he said that there was no continuation within the organization even though the staff remained the same. That is pretty sad, he must hate giving Phil that money each year because he has said he appreciated Romeo's integrity.

    He also inferred that they knew it could be a tough year for wins, especially early. So, when mangini speaks about improvement he is talking about executing the correct things (being in the right spot, making the right read) not necessarily results. Mangini isn't throwing anyone under the bus concerning their ability. He is playing with what he was dealt.

    With a good draft and free agency this team can improve tremendously.

    I understand the frustration but having a brown out when the ravens are coming to town really sucks, kind of gives Modell another free shot

  • ''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support making a difference. "

    Good intentions hope and luck are not going to get it done. How about a stinking PLAN and good people to run the show... Sounds like blowing smoke to me. This team was one game from the playoffs two years ago.. and now we have to look forward to embarrasments every week.

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #6

    @sez.ej said:

    ''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support making a difference. "

    Good intentions hope and luck are not going to get it done. How about a stinking PLAN and good people to run the show... Sounds like blowing smoke to me. This team was one game from the playoffs two years ago.. and now we have to look forward to embarrasments every week.

    It is what it is..lerner feeding the lake erie fish some more mercury...an email is weak randy...be a fuc.ing man and say it in the media...he would but he doesnt mean a word of it..he is just to soft and unknowledgable of the ins ad outs he is not a ruthless enough man to run a football team with the big dogs..so he hires people to run the team with no supervision..what the hell does he think is going to happen?

    Football unlike most other big businesses requires an owner that can answer most of the questions himself and imply to the GM and coach with authority...HEY GUYS WE NEED 2 SAFETIES and we need to see what quinn can do...i honestly believe benching BQ was the wrong thing to do. was it more of that "good paid advise" or just an ignorant assdumb coach..whichever it was it has made this season feel like a complete waste with no experience granted to quinn or knowledge of if quinn can be a good nfl QB or not...but more importantly it has done a bunch to turn many fans against mangini and now more are rightfully aiming at the sperm cell named lerner...

    Simply put you cant just hire people to 100% run your team...lerner has to do that himself and he sucks at it so he is better to sell the team or sell half to a dedicated football guy to run it for him..or he could pay rooney a million dollars to teach him football ownership principles and gruffness...but no one can teach the heart and soul and dedication an owner requires to be a winner...some things you cant buy with money alone and a hardnosed hardcore winning football team is one of them...

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #7

    the brown out is honestly one of the greatest ideas ever. we need to get the message across and the only better way to do this is to not but the tickets at all. let's show america our frustration guys. randy, choke on a fatty.

  • C Chip Banks wrote on last edited by Chip Banks
    #8

    Honestly, I think the brown-out is childish and, again, makes Cleveland fans look like idiots. Like bottle gate, like the crap that happened after BB cut Bernie.

    Mangini inherited a big, steaming pile of crap. He's trying to instill discipline by forcing these guys into public service and teaching them through fines to act like responsible adults. People, this is a team where one WR was so drunk at 7:00 in the morning that he ran over a guy in an intersection and the stone-handed WR that was drinking with him that night popped a guy who wouldn't be over the playing weight limit for pee-wee football. Another of the team's stars cut his own career in half by doing wheelies in a parking lot. We have maybe 3 real "football players' on the team and now one of them is so discouraged he thinks the fans were rooting for the Packers.

    Agents and the media are piling on Mangini and the fans are enabling it. Who in the hell is going to want to come to an economically depressed northern city where the "fans" are organizing protests seven games into a new regime? The same town, by mind you, where they had to post police outside of coaching genius BB's house because "fans" thought he was such an idiot that they threatened the coach and his family. All things being equal, what free agent is going to want to claim a home field to get booed? What scouts are going to want to come here where the organization turns over every three years? You'll just be embarrassing the city on national television. Remember that coach in Cincy grabbing the mic and saying "people, this isn't Cleveland"?

    Cleveland fans made their voices heard, got their way and ran Belichick out of town. Problem was the Browns and four combined Superbowl victories left with him. Cleveland fans made their voices heard, got their way, and Savage outlasted Collins and was given two more years to further watering down the talent level of this team. The best thing that could happen is that the vocal fans would become mute or Lerner goes deaf.

    Randy's not going to sell the team in the middle of a recession. Unless Ozzie agrees to leave the Ravens AND BRINGS HIS SCOUTING DEPARTMENT with him or we make a straight-up trade for the Patriots or Giant's staffs we're taking another crap shoot and starting from even further behind if you get your way.

    Look over at the Jets. They did things right over the last three years and the talent level is undeniable. Was it just Tannenbaum? Was it just Mangini? We'll see. But if you ask me, it's looking like the Jets gave us too much for Edwards, and Rex Ryan's arrogance has them losing games where they rush for 300 yards.

  • http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

    I truly hope everyone participates on monday nite!!!

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @solon16 said:

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

    I truly hope everyone participates on monday nite!!!

    Are you going to be there to participate?

  • the brown out is honestly one of the greatest ideas ever. we need to get the message across and the only better way to do this is to not but the tickets at all. let's show america our frustration guys. randy, choke on a fatty.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    the brown out is honestly one of the greatest ideas ever. we need to get the message across and the only better way to do this is to not but the tickets at all. let's show america our frustration guys. randy, choke on a fatty.

    I think not.

    The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

    Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

    Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

  • Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @vaportrail said:

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    Or what??

    Serious question.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    the brown out is honestly one of the greatest ideas ever. we need to get the message across and the only better way to do this is to not but the tickets at all. let's show america our frustration guys. randy, choke on a fatty.

    I think not.

    The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

    Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

    Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

    TN Browns BackerT TN Browns Backer wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @ballpeen said:

    I think not.

    The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

    Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

    Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

    I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I think the brown out is a great idea.. maybe some public humitilation will wake Learner up to the reality of what an embarassment the team is to all of us who LOVE this team.. and show everyone what happens when you have an owner like him who is just trying to turn a buck instead of someone who loves the team.. Jerry Jones is a jerk..but he loves the cowboys.. I'd take that kind of passion and committment any day.

  • @solon16 said:

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

    I truly hope everyone participates on monday nite!!!

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ballpeen said:

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

  • @vaportrail said:

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #16

    @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

  • @vaportrail said:

    Well this bastard stepchild of ours had better not be a loser for the next ten years.

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    Mass suicide? Muni-lots?

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think not.

    The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

    Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

    Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

    I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tn-browns-backer said:

    I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

    Beg all you want.

    I think it would be better for those people to not come at all....it would smell better.

    We have a society of whiners...and this is big time whining...bandwagon stuff.

    You don't want to go....fine..don't go...but this is chickenshit stuff here.

    Me...I have season tickets and drive up from Chattanooga 5 times a year.

    My butt is in my seat 30 minutes before kick-off.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Are you going to be there to participate?

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @solon16 said:

    I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

    I live in Tennessee and have season tickets.

    So you are one of those guys who tells people how to cheer and root for their team but doesn't go to games.

    Figures.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Or what??

    Serious question.

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @brownb499 said:

    What's the answer Peen?

    Seriously.

    Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

    You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

    I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

    this team is not.

    You asked a serious question.

    I don't have the answer...

    We haven't won a damn thing since 1964 when I was a teenager...if anyone should be pissed, it's me and other fans like me...and i am....but making Browns fans look like wimps ISN'T the answer.