If we had an offense...
-
If we had an offense comparable to the Dolphins I have no dought we would be a playoff contender. I am very pleased with this defense. Seems like that and special teams is what I look forward to on Sundays. Damn, another turnover as I write this!!!
-
I have to disagree. We're playing the bears. The defense can only be evaluated against a legitimate team, like Green Bay last week, a team with a shot of contending.
-
I have to disagree. We're playing the bears. The defense can only be evaluated against a legitimate team, like Green Bay last week, a team with a shot of contending.
I have to disagree. We're playing the bears. The defense can only be evaluated against a legitimate team, like Green Bay last week, a team with a shot of contending.
Alot of the points our defense gives up is deceptive. Any defense gives up points especially when their always on the field (makes them tired by end of 3rd quarter which majorty of points are given up), opposition gets good field position, or DA trows another pick. Even a great D like the Ravens can lay an egg. Not often but it happens. Eventhough my Browns are no Ravens, if we had a couple impact players (Lewis,Reed) we could be.
-
I have to disagree. We're playing the bears. The defense can only be evaluated against a legitimate team, like Green Bay last week, a team with a shot of contending.
Alot of the points our defense gives up is deceptive. Any defense gives up points especially when their always on the field (makes them tired by end of 3rd quarter which majorty of points are given up), opposition gets good field position, or DA trows another pick. Even a great D like the Ravens can lay an egg. Not often but it happens. Eventhough my Browns are no Ravens, if we had a couple impact players (Lewis,Reed) we could be.
Alot of the points our defense gives up is deceptive. Any defense gives up points especially when their always on the field (makes them tired by end of 3rd quarter which majorty of points are given up), opposition gets good field position, or DA trows another pick. Even a great D like the Ravens can lay an egg. Not often but it happens. Eventhough my Browns are no Ravens, if we had a couple impact players (Lewis,Reed) we could be.
Sure points can be deceptive based upon field position, turnovers and the like, but what about the opponents 3rd down conversion rate, especially on 3rd and long. And yes the Ravens and the Steelers can have bad days, but they are consistent over the long haul, I can't say the same for the Browns this year. We need more than just one high impact player. Pitt does well because they have Polamalu, Harrison, Timmons and Farrior. The removal of Polamalu alone threw off their entire game plan, but they still had respectable stats. The Ravens likewise would not crumble if RayRay was gone.
-
I like Adams and want him in all the time. Him catching Hester from behind in garbage time meant a lot to this team and represented us not quitting.
I think we are able to shoot ourselves in the foot defensively, buy yet rebound, make some changes, and come back and execute a scheme. I think Ryan's has a good pulse on the defense and can pick-and-place players and get what he wants, just lacks talent.
Offensively, we have nothing but a fairly decent three guys on the line ... the rest I would not miss.
-
I would agree..
The defense plays with a lot of heart and I think that comes straight from Ryan, they were actually fun to watch play today. There is going to be mistakes and we're still not that good on defense but with some help from the offense this could be an average defense even this year.
The offense has some good players on the line like you said and really not much else at all. The receivers are all not very good, the running backs stink and the QB's are pretty shitty as well. Way too many drops and it seems that Massaouquooiou (or whatever it is) is in his own world out there and has no clue how to read that the defense is going to blitz and he needs to help out his QB.
After today, I'm looking forward to seeing the defense play in December when I'm there. I also have to say that I want to see Quinn keep playing. Anderson didn't get a lot of help today, but he also threw some shitty passes. He is what he is...
-
I like Adams and want him in all the time. Him catching Hester from behind in garbage time meant a lot to this team and represented us not quitting.
I think we are able to shoot ourselves in the foot defensively, buy yet rebound, make some changes, and come back and execute a scheme. I think Ryan's has a good pulse on the defense and can pick-and-place players and get what he wants, just lacks talent.
Offensively, we have nothing but a fairly decent three guys on the line ... the rest I would not miss.
I like Adams and want him in all the time. Him catching Hester from behind in garbage time meant a lot to this team and represented us not quitting.
I think we are able to shoot ourselves in the foot defensively, buy yet rebound, make some changes, and come back and execute a scheme. I think Ryan's has a good pulse on the defense and can plun-and-place players and get what he wants, just lacks talent.
Offensively, we have nothing but a fairly decent three guys on the line ... the rest I would not miss.
Stan,
You make a good point in your 1st paragraph. And I wish other people around here would take note of those little things. This team is not quitting on anybody, yet people continue to allow themselves to be fooled by a media-driven hatred of Mangini. Adams catches Hester from behind in a 23-6 game and then the D proceeds to stuff them on 4 straight. Yeah, this team has quit alright. Bullsh*t.
Look, I'm not happy with the results either. But, you can't discount the fact that this team despite all its failings, is playing hard and the players are being held accountable for their mistakes.
I thought the Browns had a very smart defensive game plan today. The Bears never looked comfortable on offense. Our pass rush schemes looked very good and we were better than average against the run. With any type of passing game today, we have a chance to win that game in the 4th quarter.
-
If we had an offense.................
Mangini would just screw it up!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login