Skip to content

49ers Hungry for some Anderception!!!

The Browns Board
37 22 2.5k
  • At least the FANS are!!!

    Leading Off: Anderson, Tebow would look good in 49ers uniform

    By Bill Bradley

    [email protected]

    Published: Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008 | Page 1C

    As you lived through another 49ers loss, Monday night, it's easy to wonder about next season - and who will be quarterbacking them.

    It's a good bet local hero J.T. O'Sullivan will be a backup at best. Shaun Hill, who played valiantly Monday night, won't fare much better.

    Who might be the 49ers' next quarterback? The answer is either on the bench in Cleveland or playing in the Southeastern Conference.

    The 49ers' message boards are hot with talk about the Browns' Derek Anderson, who was benched last week in favor of golden boy Brady Quinn. Anderson had a career year last season but has been the offense's scapegoat this season.

    Florida's Tim Tebow and Georgia's Matt Stafford, both juniors, could leave college after this season. The 49ers aren't bad enough to get the No. 1 pick, and most projections have Stafford going to Detroit.

    Tebow, though, has the arm, the feet and the smarts to succeed in Mike Martz's offensive system. Plus, he's projected to go around No. 10, so it wouldn't be a reach if the 49ers took him a few spots higher. The only caveat is if Martz is with the 49ers next year.

    Either way, the 49ers will have to use a pick to upgrade at quarterback.

    I know a lot of you think that DA has zero trade value...but keep in mind that the mainstream media (ESPN) has fed into the belief that DA was a scapegoat...and the further from his debacles we get...the more time for OC's and QB Coaches to convince themselves they can fix him.

    I still think we can get a Schaub type deal at the minimum....if not a mid 1st type trade...and if the 49ers are desperate enough, maybe we package DA with Davis (or whatever) for their 1st rd pick.

    Just sayin'....

  • You need to drop a line to Savage and tell him to get to work. HAHA. Two first round picks sound really good for this years draft.

  • i would learn to do backflips and autofellate myself if we could get even the niners' second for DA. they're sure to be picking in the top 10 as long as they make the kind of offensive calls they did to end last night's game.

  • That would put DA closer to Oregon so his boyfriend lumbnuts could come and see him play at home games in SF and once a year in Seattle.

  • Watch Savage continue to push the "we're high on both guys" PR machine.

    If we can leverage a first from San Fran or anyone else, I'd be ecstatic.

  • I'd love to get a decent pick for him.

  • Would accept a second rounder for him.

    And I agree, let the national media run with it. Pump him way up. It only helps the Browns (of course it hurt us last year and Phil bought it hook line and sinker).

    There's one born every minute.

  • You guys are delusional if you think any team is going to offer a 1st or 2nd round pick for DA. Just because ESPN has a bunch of hacks that don't know shit from shinola claiming DA is the scapegoat, doesn't mean the scouts and coaches for teams are buying into it. DA was a joke of a QB who put together one good half of a season against horrible teams with no tape on the guy. I will be jumping for joy if we can squeeze a 4th rounder out of DA. Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

  • As long as they take RAC in the trade, I'm good on anything we get back.

  • \ said:

    Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

    Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

    I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

    Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

    I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

    SO TRUE!!

    I mean, I was much more content with a quarterback who was a .500 quarterback, with a 55% completion percentage, a 1.5-1 td-int ratio who had a ton of installed excuses for him and still threw games away.

    Aren't you the guy who fought against all of the arguments that you are trying to use now?

    This guy is just mad because he had to put his pink #14 Beaver jersey back in the closet next to his Philip Ricci and Gary Payton jerseys.

    If I were a 49ers fan, I would be looking elsewhere. But Lumbergh would probably call them a bunch of "Montana Fags" anyway considering his hatred for ND QB's.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

    Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

    I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

    Really? So you don't know how to use the computer you are using? If you can't use google or any other search engine, how the hell did you find this place?

    http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/sh ... ?p=1916557

    All I had to do was search "49ers forums derek anderson" and it's the first thing.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

    Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

    I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

    Lums,

    Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

    Well that takes care of that!!!

  • \ said:

    Lums,

    Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

    Well that takes care of that!!!

    Atenears owns this board, literally.

    dumbshit.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Lums,

    Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

    Well that takes care of that!!!

    Atenears owns this board, literally.

    dumbshit.

    And Modell owned the Browns. What are you still doing here?

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Lums,

    Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

    Well that takes care of that!!!

    Atenears owns this board, literally.

    dumbshit.

    CUmbergh, why are you still alive?

  • I hope wherever Anderson goes (as long as its the NFC) that he kicks ass. He wasn't the right fit for the Browns, but there's got to be a team out there who can make use of his skills.

  • \ said:

    I hope wherever Anderson goes (as long as its the NFC) that he kicks ass. He wasn't the right fit for the Browns, but there's got to be a team out there who can make use of his skills.

    Im telling ya, I believe Min is the place for DA. With there run strength it will be hard to take away the deep ball and effectivly stop Peterson, which is hard to do anyway.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

    Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

    I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

    Hey Lum, I realize you are a huge fan of DA ....however I don't understand why anyone would trade for him. And I would be happy to keep DA as a backup as long as his contract is renegotiated obviously. Thing is, I don't see DA renegotiating, I see him just waiting to get cut and playing the market. I am sure he feels he can get more than back-up money. Someone please tell me why a team would trade for him? (unless they feel they have a very good chance of restructuring the contract and keeping him off the market) Or maybe DA would agree to restructure with the Browns, in order to go somewhere and be a starter. (at least until they pull the plug on him and call it a season) I dunno, if I am DA I am hitting the market and seeing who might overpay for me.

  • I really do think he's the next Vinnie Testaverde, which is not a bad gig if you don't mind the travel.