Fans Have Lost Perspective
-
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. The only problem I have is with the lack of offensive production. I honestly feel that BQ was thrown under the bus, and we were trying to save money on his contract clause. That's great, I understand that it's a business, we just saved a bunch of money that can be spent in FA. But now that there is no way he can get his money, put him in and give him the full playbook. It was obvious he was only given pages 1-3, and they were terrible Xerox's that he could barely see, much less interpret. Now let's get him the full edition, and let's see what he can do. I feel like he is undeserving of being the new "Captain Checkdown", and that he can actually compete if given the full opportunity. As for the defense, Rob Ryan needs to stay. He turned our sorry scrubs into a force to be reckoned with. Okay, that's a huge stretch. He at least turned them into a force to be thought about. Imagine what he could do with a healthy Qwell and a half decent corner to replace B-Mac.
-
When you have 4 returning starters from last year on the offensive side you have to keep it simple early on. Now that were half way through the season, I agree they should all start getting on the same page and we should be able to open it up.....but who knows this is the Browns
-
I think Mangini expected to be more competitive offensively but expected the losses. We may have won one or two more games with Winslow, BE wasn't doing anything here. But, if you are establishing a team attitude that winning comes first you cannot have two star malcontents on the team. If Heiden had been healthy we wouldn't have been missing Winslow nearly as much. Gaines might be the tight end that is good enough, we will see. But, we would be very fortunate if he turned out to be a long term starter.
-
The QB thing is far more complicated than any of us will know. As far as the saying Mangini made a statement that we don't need a TE or WR, that is just wrong. It wasn't a statement, it was a move for the future. He traded two guys that didn't want to be here, were overpaid, on their way out, and wasting away on a bad team. What he got in return was draft picks. Most importantly, he got high picks for this year's draft which is far better than last years.
He's doing all he can do with this team and this situation. I'm not mad at Mangini, actually, I feel bad for him and am kind of happy he took this job. He got served shit soup and he has to turn it into Lobster Bisque in front 10 million people without panicking, that takes balls.
QB thing more complicated than we could know? I know one thing- a guy with a 30-something qb rating needs to be benched yesterday. I've seen every Browns qb since Milt Plum, and I'm having a hard time remembering one who's looked worse than Anderson the last 20 games he's played in. Mangini's letting his ego get in the way of common sense
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"The bottom line for them right now is they don't have a real good football team. They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed and it's going to be a very, very difficult circumstance. The important thing in my view is very simply this: You cannot lose your football team. "
Uh, that's a quote from Marty Schottenheimer from another thread. I repeat They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed . Bad coaching, bad motivation.
So since we're at an expansion team level, no loss to tell Mangini to take a hike and bring in a proven winner next year.
QB thing more complicated than we could know? I know one thing- a guy with a 30-something qb rating needs to be benched yesterday. I've seen every Browns qb since Milt Plum, and I'm having a hard time remembering one who's looked worse than Anderson the last 20 games he's played in. Mangini's letting his ego get in the way of common sense
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"The bottom line for them right now is they don't have a real good football team. They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed and it's going to be a very, very difficult circumstance. The important thing in my view is very simply this: You cannot lose your football team. "
Uh, that's a quote from Marty Schottenheimer from another thread. I repeat They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed . Bad coaching, bad motivation.
So since we're at an expansion team level, no loss to tell Mangini to take a hike and bring in a proven winner next year.
How does schottenheimer Know what the team is capable of? what I see is a team on the defensive side of the ball responding to the coaching now on the offensive side of the ball its a lack of talent in primary spots and bad, bad, bad, bad play calling which is why mangini is going to have carl smith call it for the rest of the season.
-
thank god someone with sense......Whe are best players are punter and a kick-of return guy. what do you expect, players make plays not coaches
thank god someone with sense......Whe are best players are punter and a kick-of return guy. what do you expect, players make plays not coaches
That is true. But the GM and Coach need to bring in players to make those plays! Cant make plays if you have no players capable of making a big play!
-
It is simple, Mangini misses Callahan.
-
QB thing more complicated than we could know? I know one thing- a guy with a 30-something qb rating needs to be benched yesterday. I've seen every Browns qb since Milt Plum, and I'm having a hard time remembering one who's looked worse than Anderson the last 20 games he's played in. Mangini's letting his ego get in the way of common sense
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"The bottom line for them right now is they don't have a real good football team. They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed and it's going to be a very, very difficult circumstance. The important thing in my view is very simply this: You cannot lose your football team. "
Uh, that's a quote from Marty Schottenheimer from another thread. I repeat They're not playing even to the level that the talent is expressed . Bad coaching, bad motivation.
So since we're at an expansion team level, no loss to tell Mangini to take a hike and bring in a proven winner next year.
How does schottenheimer Know what the team is capable of? what I see is a team on the defensive side of the ball responding to the coaching now on the offensive side of the ball its a lack of talent in primary spots and bad, bad, bad, bad play calling which is why mangini is going to have carl smith call it for the rest of the season.
Dawgfanforever88 said:
How does schottenheimer Know what the team is capable of? what I see is a team on the defensive side of the ball responding to the coaching now on the offensive side of the ball its a lack of talent in primary spots and bad, bad, bad, bad play calling which is why mangini is going to have carl smith call it for the rest of the season.Marty is in the top ten NFL in winning percentage of coaches. I think he knows what talent looks like. Arguably, the 2009 Browns have more talent at virtually every position than the 1999 Browns yet statistically, they're worse in almost any category you care to mention. That, my friend is serious underperformance.
Mangini shot himself squarely in the foot putting DA out there. You do realize that with 38 more passing attempts, Anderson will qualify as the lowest rated quarterback IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NFL. That is SERIOUS suckage. In fact, if Mangini dares to trot DA out against the Ravens, he'd better feel fortunate they don't sell bottled beer anymore- I guarantee you it would be Bottlegate II.
Please don't insult my intelligence Mr Mangini, telling me you're seeing "progress" in that regard.
-
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"
Dan Marino ain't the sharpest tool in the shed chief..Sam R while a nice guy, played when they wore leather hemets..literally..a nice old man I'm sure..I don't know Dieken.
So lets say he throws Quinn back in and he continues to suck like he did for a game and a half, now the media will blame Mangini for flip flopping and being indecisive..There's no winning that shit storm.
Edwards and Winslow had to go,you all know that.
This team was bad and undiscipline with a s**tload of UFL players, with more then a few still on the team.
The defense is playing well and the offense is struggling..I get that, this team is playing hard and if anyone says their quitting that BS.
Building an NFL franchise the RIGHT way takes time and Mangini was there in NE and did it with the Jets, drafted all ALL pro players like Revis, Mangold, Washinton, Harris..Was able to convince Favre, Pace Faneca to come to NY..
When they let him go the NY press couldn't get ONE player to say anything bad about him..and they tried..Why would 10 agree to come to Cleveland? I tell you why because there character guys, hard workers who don't mind being held accountable at all times and they know Mangini is an excellent young coach..There not influenced by a bunch of journalist (english majors mind you) who never strapped on a set of freakin pads..I'm going by the guys who play for Mangini, not some moronic sports writer trying to sell newspapers and make a name for himself nationally by bashing our coach..TO HELL WITH THAT
-
Although, I would rather see Quinn in there struggling and growing, rather than
DA being who he really is. Face it, DA has no upside, and he's boring.
Seeing if Quinn can grow would be a nice change from boredom.
But is that worth eleven million? The OC kept trotting DA out there, continually embarrassing
himself and the Browns, for some kind of reason.
-
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"
Dan Marino ain't the sharpest tool in the shed chief..Sam R while a nice guy, played when they wore leather hemets..literally..a nice old man I'm sure..I don't know Dieken.
So lets say he throws Quinn back in and he continues to suck like he did for a game and a half, now the media will blame Mangini for flip flopping and being indecisive..There's no winning that shit storm.
Edwards and Winslow had to go,you all know that.
This team was bad and undiscipline with a s**tload of UFL players, with more then a few still on the team.
The defense is playing well and the offense is struggling..I get that, this team is playing hard and if anyone says their quitting that BS.
Building an NFL franchise the RIGHT way takes time and Mangini was there in NE and did it with the Jets, drafted all ALL pro players like Revis, Mangold, Washinton, Harris..Was able to convince Favre, Pace Faneca to come to NY..
When they let him go the NY press couldn't get ONE player to say anything bad about him..and they tried..Why would 10 agree to come to Cleveland? I tell you why because there character guys, hard workers who don't mind being held accountable at all times and they know Mangini is an excellent young coach..There not influenced by a bunch of journalist (english majors mind you) who never strapped on a set of freakin pads..I'm going by the guys who play for Mangini, not some moronic sports writer trying to sell newspapers and make a name for himself nationally by bashing our coach..TO HELL WITH THAT
Building an NFL franchise the RIGHT way takes time and Mangini was there in NE and did it with the Jets, drafted all ALL pro players like Revis, Mangold, Washinton, Harris..Was able to convince Favre, Pace Faneca to come to NY..
When they let him go the NY press couldn't get ONE f**kin player to say anything bad about him..and they f**kin tried..Why would 10 agree to come to Cleveland?
Whoa...slow down the f-bombs chief. Good to see the passion. You're forgetting Kris Jenkins. Per Chris Mortensen:
Nose tackle Kris Jenkins was particularly bothered by the firing, praising the former coach for bringing him to New York and giving him an opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He also thought Mangini deserved another year with the team.
"I'm going to miss him," Jenkins said. "He didn't do what everybody thought he should do. He didn't go with the flow or just do things to make people happy. He took it upon himself to go against the grain and be a man about his situation."
Of the guys that did bitch about Mangini (if you can find them) show me one who was a decent player. They were the least penalized team in the league for the three years he was there and he had them act like disciplined pros. They're obviously doing so well now that they have a few more talented pieces (Scott, Sanchez, Leonhard) and their coach is a "player's coach". Great for the sound bites but can't manage a time out in crunch time.
-
Okay..took out the f-bombs..weren't out of anger just tryin to make a point of emphasis. I am so sick of ESPN
-
Okay..took out the f-bombs..weren't out of anger just tryin to make a point of emphasis. I am so sick of ESPN
Okay..took out the f-bombs..weren't out of anger just tryin to make a point of emphasis. I am so sick of ESPN
Wasn't telling you to take them out! LOL. Just slow it down

-
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"
Dan Marino ain't the sharpest tool in the shed chief..Sam R while a nice guy, played when they wore leather hemets..literally..a nice old man I'm sure..I don't know Dieken.
So lets say he throws Quinn back in and he continues to suck like he did for a game and a half, now the media will blame Mangini for flip flopping and being indecisive..There's no winning that shit storm.
Edwards and Winslow had to go,you all know that.
This team was bad and undiscipline with a s**tload of UFL players, with more then a few still on the team.
The defense is playing well and the offense is struggling..I get that, this team is playing hard and if anyone says their quitting that BS.
Building an NFL franchise the RIGHT way takes time and Mangini was there in NE and did it with the Jets, drafted all ALL pro players like Revis, Mangold, Washinton, Harris..Was able to convince Favre, Pace Faneca to come to NY..
When they let him go the NY press couldn't get ONE player to say anything bad about him..and they tried..Why would 10 agree to come to Cleveland? I tell you why because there character guys, hard workers who don't mind being held accountable at all times and they know Mangini is an excellent young coach..There not influenced by a bunch of journalist (english majors mind you) who never strapped on a set of freakin pads..I'm going by the guys who play for Mangini, not some moronic sports writer trying to sell newspapers and make a name for himself nationally by bashing our coach..TO HELL WITH THAT
I'll even give you a mulligan that maybe Mangini knows more than 99% of the fans that voted, but that doesn't take into account guys like Rutigliano, Dieken, and Marino who are saying the same thing.
"
Dan Marino ain't the sharpest tool in the shed chief..Sam R while a nice guy, played when they wore leather hemets..literally..a nice old man I'm sure..I don't know Dieken.
Gee, leather helmets? try telling that to any Steelers fan that their Super Bowl wins in the 70's & 80's don't count- they'll punch your light out. Uh, that "nice old man", Rutigliano is probably the most brilliant offensive mind ever to coach the Browns. You remember the Kardiac Kids? Probably not- those were Rutigliano's teams. Don't know Dieken? You just shot your credibility right there. FYI, Doug played 14 years at left tackle for the Browns, and from 1984 to the present did color TV commentary, & does the radio analysis. So unlike you, Doug's seen every freaking Browns game from a player's perspective since 1971. BTW, he's reticent to call an active player out, pretty much has free access to the Browns locker room , so when he does torpedo someone, you'd damn well better listen.
So lets say he throws Quinn back in and he continues to suck like he did for a game and a half, now the media will blame Mangini for flip flopping and being indecisive..There's no winning that shit storm.
Bull**** maybe you missed my link to the Cleveland.com poll- 99% of the fans that voted want DA shipped to Siberia on the first plane out of town. The only thing that can hurt Mangini is continuing to trot DA out there week after week- in fact I hope he does- what does that say for his sanity when he CONTINUES TO START THE WORST QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL?
Edwards and Winslow had to go,you all know that.
yeah, so? tell me something I didn't know. Stone Hands and the soon to be Crip. NY and TB sure appreciate their talents.
This team was bad and undiscipline with a s**tload of UFL players, with more then a few still on the team.
The defense is playing well and the offense is struggling..I get that, this team is playing hard and if anyone says their quitting that BS.
Building an NFL franchise the RIGHT way takes time and Mangini was there in NE and did it with the Jets, drafted all ALL pro players like Revis, Mangold, Washinton, Harris..Was able to convince Favre, Pace Faneca to come to NY..
When they let him go the NY press couldn't get ONE player to say anything bad about him..and they tried..Why would 10 agree to come to Cleveland? I tell you why because there character guys, hard workers who don't mind being held accountable at all times and they know Mangini is an excellent young coach..There not influenced by a bunch of journalist (english majors mind you) who never strapped on a set of freakin pads..I'm going by the guys who play for Mangini, not some moronic sports writer trying to sell newspapers and make a name for himself nationally by bashing our coach..TO HELL WITH THAT
Building a franchise RIGHT doesn't mean throwing your hand-picked erstwhile best pal GM under the bus when things aren't going right. So much for front office stability.
With all due respects to our most honored permanently banned poster Ghoolie. Mangini is in a long line of assistant coaches that were latte fetchers for BB in New England that ultimately flopped as head coaches. Oh, maybe I'm wrong- but blowout losses to the Ravens & Steelers this year at CBS and Mangini is done in Cleveland. Take it to the bank.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login