Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Brett Favre in aftermath of win vs. Packers: 'It's worth it'

Brett Favre in aftermath of win vs. Packers: 'It's worth it'

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
4 Posts 3 Posters 479 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mr. T Mr. TM
    • 7k Posts
    • 184 Reputation
    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hours after his four-TD performance in a charged up, 38-26 win at Lambeau Field, Vikings QB Brett Favre began to ache and reflected on his first trip back to Green Bay, where he starred for 16 years.

    "Yeah, it's worth it,'' Favre told SI.com's Peter King from Minnesota on Sunday. "Now people can see why I came back, and why I came back to this team. But I will say I'm relieved it's over.''

    After the game, Favre refused to criticize the Packers, from whom he had a nasty divorce in 2008. His Vikings moved to 7-1, leaving the 4-3 Packers in their wake in the NFC North.

    Favre revealed he had a groin injury that flared up before the game at Lambeau and for a few moments made him think he might not be able to play.

    "I told T-Jack (backup QB Tarvaris Jackson) and (O-coordinator) Darrell Bevell I may not be able to do it,'' Favre told SI.com. "I didn't know if I'd be able to drop back very well. After I aggravated it, there was no way I was going to be able to move around in the pocket very much. We never called one bootleg the whole game. But we made it through OK.''

    And an emotional Favre also considered if he played in front of the Packers fans for the final time.

    "I knew it'd probably be the last time I'd ever step foot on Lambeau Field, and it got a little emotional,'' he told Si.com.

    So, does that mean Favre won't plan on returning in 2010?

    "Nope. "I'm reluctant to say that,'' he told SI.com. "You know me. At this stage, I'm game to game. That's it.'' -- Sean Leah

    article

    Head or Gut?
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
      • 28k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Brett is a great NFL Quarterback. I remember many, many on here saying he sucked, he is over the hill, and just pissing on him. Well, guess what. The guy still has it. Good going Brett.

      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
      Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • PlayoffsIN09 P
        • 94 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        P PlayoffsIN09 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Im rooting for Brett to win the superbowl. Just think how hated he would be in Packer country. 😠

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

          Brett is a great NFL Quarterback. I remember many, many on here saying he sucked, he is over the hill, and just pissing on him. Well, guess what. The guy still has it. Good going Brett.

          Mr. T Mr. TM
          • 7k Posts
          • 184 Reputation
          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @diehardbrownsfan said:

          Brett is a great NFL Quarterback. I remember many, many on here saying he sucked, he is over the hill, and just pissing on him. Well, guess what. The guy still has it. Good going Brett.

          Yeah and his piss is golden 😆just ask the packer fans.

          Head or Gut?
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate