Skip to content

Word on the street is Bernie and Marty may be

The Browns Board
10 6 1.0k
  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Kosar may be filling Kokonis' spot as GM, and Marty Schottenheimer as team president of football operation.

    This would reunite the two as Schottenheimer coached the Browns back in the late 80s, and Kosar played QB for the browns.

  • Kosar may be filling Kokonis' spot as GM, and Marty Schottenheimer as team president of football operation.

    This would reunite the two as Schottenheimer coached the Browns back in the late 80s, and Kosar played QB for the browns.

    S steel88 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @dawgpound3 said:

    Kosar may be filling Kokonis' spot as GM, and Marty Schottenheimer as team president of football operation.

    This would reunite the two as Schottenheimer coached the Browns back in the late 80s, and Kosar played QB for the browns.

    That would be a hell of an interesting tandem

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    never thought of the connection like that. Thanks for the idea. Now I will ponder for the next hour.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    Kosar may be filling Kokonis' spot as GM, and Marty Schottenheimer as team president of football operation.

    This would reunite the two as Schottenheimer coached the Browns back in the late 80s, and Kosar played QB for the browns.

    That would be a hell of an interesting tandem

    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    That would be a hell of an interesting tandem

    It would be because you would have one of the best talent evaluating tandem out there, imo besides the rooneys, newsome, etc.

  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Bump

  • F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Word on the street?

    It would be interesting, but your source seems to be a bunch of people on the street talking about what they would like to happen.

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I know Bernie was our last good QB, but GM isn't really a job that any good NFL player can just step into. I know everyone will scream OZZIE, but something tells me that he might have had some other qualities beside just being a great TE. Lets focus on getting a GM with some NFL management experience that Mangini DOESN'T get to hand pick.

  • I know Bernie was our last good QB, but GM isn't really a job that any good NFL player can just step into. I know everyone will scream OZZIE, but something tells me that he might have had some other qualities beside just being a great TE. Lets focus on getting a GM with some NFL management experience that Mangini DOESN'T get to hand pick.

    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by dawgpound3
    #8

    @bonedawg said:

    I know Bernie was our last good QB, but GM isn't really a job that any good NFL player can just step into. I know everyone will scream OZZIE, but something tells me that he might have had some other qualities beside just being a great TE. Lets focus on getting a GM with some NFL management experience that Mangini DOESN'T get to hand pick.

    Ozzie had Savage and Kokonis, remember? He had both of them. But Ozzie is a good evaluator. I think I see some of the qualities in Bernie, too. Ozzie was a smart football player, and so was Bernie. That's why Bernie was one of the smartest QBs and the most accurate passer(threw 286 consecutive pass attempts without an interception), and that's why Ozzie is a great HOF tight end, because he could shread any defense, whether it be cover 2, 3 or just man to man, and had excellent hands.

  • BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #9

    I really don't think being a good QB for the Browns translates to a great GM

    But I'm sure he would demand accountability from his underlings.

    Marty, should have been the choice for GM last Feb.

    I would welcome him back home ...in any capacity

  • F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Looks like that street source of yours was wrong.