Skip to content

Barton may be done for the year Yikes!!!!

The Browns Board
22 10 1.6k
  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Barton may be done for the year, Yikes!!!

    Updated: November 3, 2009, 11:43 AM ET

    Source: Barton told he has bulging disc

    ESPN.com

    Cleveland Browns veteran linebacker Eric Barton's season is in jeopardy after he was diagnosed with a neck injury following Sunday's game, a source close to the player told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

    Barton was informed by a spine specialist at The Cleveland Clinic that he had a bulging disc between the C3 and C4 vertebrae, the source told Mortensen.

    When Barton left Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears late in the second quarter, it was reported as a right shoulder injury.

    Barton was signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Browns in March. He spent the previous six years with the Jets after beginning his career with the Raiders in 1999.

    Meanwhile, in their first move after general manager George Kokinis's ouster, the Browns released kicker Billy Cundiff on Tuesday, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

    The move indicates that kicker Phil Dawson, who was active for Sunday's loss to the Bears, is fully recovered from a calf injury.

    Without Kokinis, Browns vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte made the call to Cundiff to inform him that he was being released.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4619119

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Ahhhh, shoot. Now we are going to give up 500 yards a game instead of 478.

  • Ahhhh, shoot. Now we are going to give up 500 yards a game instead of 478.

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Ahhhh, shoot. Now we are going to give up 500 yards a game instead of 478.
    😆
  • Ahhhh, shoot. Now we are going to give up 500 yards a game instead of 478.

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Ahhhh, shoot. Now we are going to give up 500 yards a game instead of 478.

    You said what we all were thinking.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #5

    I loved the play where Barton was in position for a pick, staring at the ball, but didn't put his arms up, and it barely missed his head and led to like a 20 yard completion or TD.

  • I loved the play where Barton was in position for a pick, staring at the ball, but didn't put his arms up, and it barely missed his head and led to like a 20 yard completion or TD.

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @vaportrail said:

    I loved the play where Barton was in position for a pick, staring at the ball, but didn't put his arms up, and it barely missed his head and led to like a 20 yard completion or TD.

    You saw that too? Ya I really don't care that this guy wont play. I don't want to see him hurt but he really is no big loss.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I would question if he's only out for a season. A neck injury in any football player always carries a possible threat to their career. Barton is on the downside of his but I do wonder if he'll be able to play again.

  • I would question if he's only out for a season. A neck injury in any football player always carries a possible threat to their career. Barton is on the downside of his but I do wonder if he'll be able to play again.

    P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @earl34 said:

    I would question if he's only out for a season. A neck injury in any football player always carries a possible threat to their career. Barton is on the downside of his but I do wonder if he'll be able to play again.

    I was wondering about that. Sad.

  • L lambdo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Guess I am not the only one wanting to remove the "Yikes" from the subject?

    Barton may be done for the year Yikes!!!!

    I like what Coleman has done coming over from NY, but Barton and Bowens have been gross this year.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I would imagine we will see a bunch of special teamers in there to replace Barton.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The sad thing is, Barton and Bowens were actual improvements over what we had. And they are still terrible. I like them, they could be the quintessential washed-up, veteran backups that pass on their wisdom to the young rookie(s) with tremendous raw talent but little football knowledge.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Let the rooks fly around and learn from their mistakes, atleast they will knock the crap out of the Ravens!

    Why do we have to watch ACC football every Thursday Nite? Why!!!!! they Suck!

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I don't know, I often wonder that myself sometimes. ACC Football makes me want to do two things- sleep (because of the lack of...well... anything) and cry (because of Butch Davis). The only ACC team I even pretend to like is the Hokies, and they are really pissing me off this year. The only reason I watch them play is so I can say "See number 51 down there? Yeah, I laid him out repeatedly over the course of three years."

  • I don't know, I often wonder that myself sometimes. ACC Football makes me want to do two things- sleep (because of the lack of...well... anything) and cry (because of Butch Davis). The only ACC team I even pretend to like is the Hokies, and they are really pissing me off this year. The only reason I watch them play is so I can say "See number 51 down there? Yeah, I laid him out repeatedly over the course of three years."

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't know, I often wonder that myself sometimes. ACC Football makes me want to do two things- sleep (because of the lack of...well... anything) and cry (because of Butch Davis). The only ACC team I even pretend to like is the Hokies, and they are really pissing me off this year. The only reason I watch them play is so I can say "See number 51 down there? Yeah, I laid him out repeatedly over the course of three years."

    So your from Myrtle Beach?

    just an hours drive away for me

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't know, I often wonder that myself sometimes. ACC Football makes me want to do two things- sleep (because of the lack of...well... anything) and cry (because of Butch Davis). The only ACC team I even pretend to like is the Hokies, and they are really pissing me off this year. The only reason I watch them play is so I can say "See number 51 down there? Yeah, I laid him out repeatedly over the course of three years."

    So your from Myrtle Beach?

    just an hours drive away for me

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mr.-t said:

    So your from Myrtle Beach?

    just an hours drive away for me

    Yeah, born and raised. Where are you?

  • @mr.-t said:

    So your from Myrtle Beach?

    just an hours drive away for me

    Yeah, born and raised. Where are you?

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yeah, born and raised. Where are you?

    Wilmington NC, about 3 minutes from wrightsville beach. since 96

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #17

    For some reason, I knew that's where you would be. Anytime somebody says they are an hour way from the dirty Myrtle, they are always in Wilmington. I love the campus at UNCW, I would have gone there if they had a football team. I used to go up to Wrightsville to surf with my friends when we were in high school, and we would make road trips just to go to Jungle Rapids Lazer Tag/Water Park/Arcade/ Go Karts/Everything fun.

  • For some reason, I knew that's where you would be. Anytime somebody says they are an hour way from the dirty Myrtle, they are always in Wilmington. I love the campus at UNCW, I would have gone there if they had a football team. I used to go up to Wrightsville to surf with my friends when we were in high school, and we would make road trips just to go to Jungle Rapids Lazer Tag/Water Park/Arcade/ Go Karts/Everything fun.

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    For some reason, I knew that's where you would be. Anytime somebody says they are an hour way from the dirty Myrtle, they are always in Wilmington. I love the campus at UNCW, I would have gone there if they had a football team. I used to go up to Wrightsville to surf with my friends when we were in high school, and we would make road trips just to go to Jungle Rapids Lazer Tag/Water Park/Arcade/ Go Karts/Everything fun.

    thats funny my son used to work at jungle rapids, just remember the grass is always greener on the....

    MB is a great place as well we nhave been going there for Thanksgiving for over 25 years for our family reunion. normally we would stay at compass cove formally "the swamp fox" but switched to the Breakers, (its lot nicer).

    This year we will be eating turkey at home and have everyone here do to everyone is $truggling with $$$$ its the economy, but we will be there for black friday and take the ladies and drop them off at the malls while the guys will head to the flea market or do something boring like that. who knows maybe we will hit up a GC, its been a while.

    .......four!!!!!!!

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #19

    on second thought maybe we will go trash that piece of crap steelers bar they have at North MB! 😆

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Yeah, it's alright here. It is a great vacation spot, but jobs are so hard to come by that I'm contemplating moving to Columbia and transferring to USC. The Breakers is a really nice place, enjoy it. And enjoy the golf courses, lord knows we have enough of them to choose from.